[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is wrong with people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
What is wrong with people?
>>
Heard about this today. Where were the parents, and why didn't they gore the shit out of the tourists for this?
>>
>>2123017
Kek abducting a Buffalo calf sounds like a good plan for a boring Sunday evening
>>
>>2123017
Ever heard of veal?
>>
>>2123017
its amazing they survived the enounter. picking up a regular cow calf can get you gored by the mother. i imagine trying it with a bison calf would get you obliterated
>>
>>2123017
I fucking hate tourists
>>
>>2123017
>Cold
>Lost

Ya that's just a delusional excuse to have a pet bison, and possibly later some bison burgers.
>>
I dunno, it seems like if they didn't get trampled by momma, maybe the thing WAS lost.
>>
related?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ryonXiG10
>>
>>2123628
Disliked like you wanted
>>
The bison calf was euthanized because it was rejected from the herd after the bison abduction.
>>
>>2123621
Bingo. Hippie shitheads don't get that nature sometimes fucks up. One way or another, that calf - an abandoned runt - is going to be dependent on humans for the rest of its life. So why NOT the tourists?
>>
>>2123702
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/05/park-service-bison-calf-dead-after-tourists-put-it-in-vehicle/

yep its dead
>>
>>2123823
>calf gets rejected
>humans rescue it
>park rangers abduct it and straight-up fucking murder it
>SEE GUYS THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T TOUCH WILD ANIMALS :^)
>>
>>2123832
>assuming the calf was rejected in the first place
>forgetting that dumbass tourists just stole the animal instead of contacting someone to help them

yeah, they're saints
>>
>>2123841

>contact someone to help
>they kill it

wew
>>
To be fair, it was probably abandoned and would have died anyway.
This just made the whole thing more complicated than it starving or getting eaten by something.
>>
>>2123017
Inner city tards
>>
>>2123841
That's a reasonable assumption to make, because that car looks surprisingly intact for something that tried to steal a bison calf with its herd around.

Also, it would make for much better publicity if they raised it. It's not even that expensive compared to a shitton of other wild animals, just send the thing to a zoo (where it will possibly die anyway).
>>
>>2123832
>>2123853
Boy I hope you guys are vegans, it'd be really embarrassing if you eat meat and suddenly cared about this calf for some reason.
>>
>>2123908
It's not about morality, it's about basic logic.
>>
>>2123908
not to be a dick, but domestic cattle aren't wild animals with a population threatened by humans.

I mean it's perfectly possible to care about animals without subscribing to the vegan notion that beef are conscious people that suffer or whatever.

Just ask those drunk fools that killed a Devil's Hole pupfish last week and are going to jail for a while. Nobody is concerned about the suffering of pupfish, but a lot of people care about humans causing their extinction.
>>
>>2123916
not to be a dick, but if you cared about animals you wouldn't torture and kill them
>>
>>2123919
>implying they can be tortured
>implying everything doesn't die anyways
I consider vegans pretty childish, but I don't hate them for that. It's actually kinda cute.

but it's a luxury, a privilege. One your grandparents paid for and would probably be horrified to see you exercising.
>>
Is it only me who think the bison was actualy rejected by the mother and the tourists actualy had the right idea?
And now they use this story trying to get people not to disturb animals like that old tale about animals rejecting their young once they smell you.

That famous gazelle that had her calf stolen by a LION went after the calf for weeks trying to get it back from her.

Also it's a shame they didn't at least cook something delicious of the calf afterwards.
>>
>>2123923
I agree.
Even if the tourists wanted to eat it it would have been better than just killing it and throwing it away.
>>
>>2123923
>Is it only me
no.
I agree.
I assume they killed it because it was probably abandoned for a good reason.

but it is funny how they seem to blame the tourists. Not that they did the right thing but at least their hearts were in the right place.
>>
>>2123923
Both sides are wrong here. Tourists should have called the authorities immediately after finding an abandoned calf, and explained clearly that it was abandoned. The rangers should not have euthanized the animal, because that's retarded and makes for bad publicity.

If anything, though, I'm on the tourists' side here. They may have been ignorant, but they at least made a misguided effort to save the animal. The rangers in contrast had the gall to euthanize it and then pretend that it's all the fault of these dumb ignorant tourists.
>>
>>2123921
humans die too, would you eat a human?
>>
>>2123934
no.
I might eat a vegan. But people that eat meat tend to bioaccumulate some pretty nasty stuff.
>>
>>2123934
Ewww, no. These things are pretty much bipedal rats, they eat everything they can get their limb-hoses on.

Sure if it's a healthy, free-range human though.
>>
>>2123899
on top of that when a bovine bonds with their baby human contact doesn't change that. cows reject calves all the time (confused because first baby, twins and only bond with one, etc) but never due to human intervention. not saying there might be some unique to american bison trait but it sounds really, really unlikely.
>>
>>2123934
no. eating humans is poisonous. you'll die if you do it.
>>
>>2123977
Not if you eat free range humans.

On a different note vegans do not understand all the land and animals lives we would have to destroy in order to make more room for crops if they convert everyone to vegan.
>>
>>2123998
Prisoner's dilemma.
If you make more food, people will make more babbies to eat it.

Vegans would produce far LESS food but that's fine when you realize our population growth isn't sustainable whether we eat meat or not.

Where it gets interesting is when we look at WHO will starve if vegans get their way. It won't be wealthy white people in America dying if meat is eliminated from the collective diet.

in fact veganism is unconsciously quite racist, as is the organic movement or any neoLuddite environmentalism. They want to take meat away from starving brown people!

it doesn't sound as nice when we say it that way though.
>>
>>2124007
Being vegan is one of the most privileged things.
>>
>>2124008
agree
I rate it up there with gold-plated toilet seats and actually feeding good food to dogs when people are starving to death.
>>
>>2123977
but would you if it were safe?
>>
>>2123017
Many people know jack shit about nature. These are the type that whine about hunting while killing wildlife because it "needed help"
>>
>>2124010
>b-but think of the children!
Hilarious.
>>
>>2123899
The main reason for the euthenization was the calf had repeatedly approached vehicles, causing a dangerous situation for many people. This was probably the only time anyone was ever stupid enough to abduct a wild herd animal on a reserve, though.

>AngelinaJolie.jpg
or was it?
>>
>>2123026
>missing the chance to say "herd about this"

I'm disappointed in you. Bi, son.
>>
They ended up having to euthanize the calf to teach those kids a lesson
>>
>>2123832
Did you not read the fucking article at all? The park rangers tried multiple times to reunite the calf with it's herd.

But the fucking tourists fucked shit up and the calf kept wandering back to roads and cars.
>>
>>2123934
>>2123977
That's not true, human meat is perfectly safe to eat if you cook it properly and avoid the spinal column and brain. It's only when you eat the brain and spinal column that you get sick, the human equivalent of mad cow disease.

Also, several cannibals have been interviewed over the years and the general consensus is that human meat tastes most like pork.

I believe there was an episode of River Monsters where the guy put this to the test when he was investigating a story about how a local group of herbivore species was turning carnivore and attacking humans.

He asked what meat would best simulate human flesh, and was told pork. So he used some pig meat and sure enough, the only fish taking the bait were all scientifically labeled as herbivores.

But it turned out to not be all that surprising since they are a distant relative of the piranha.
>>
>>2124257
The fish was a pacu. In it's native habitat, it pretty much survives on fruit nuts that fall in the river. The pacu was introduced to this area where not enough nuts fell in the water, and they still needed to have their intake of a mostly protein-rich diet. Luckily, there is something else that goes in the river with protein-rich nuts.
>>
>>2124007
>Vegans would produce far LESS food
Have you any idea how many people you can feed off the land necessary to raise a single cow?
>>
>>2124330
People can't eat grass. And cultivating that much grassland would have catastrophic results.
>>
>>2124337
I would have though this didn't need to be pointed out but you don't need to grow grass where there once was cows. You could grow something that provides a higher concentration of calories per acre then convert the remainder into wild area.
>>
>>2124257
>What are prions
>What is Kuru
>>
>>2124391
he's saying most of the land we raise cattle on is unsuitable for growing crops.
>>
>>2124402
>what is Creutzfeldt-Jakob

Prions are infectious proteins that must come from an infected source. If you eat meat - especially neural tissue - from an animal infected with a prion disease, it can certainly be transmitted that way. But the disease must exist in the host in the first place, prions don't spontaneously appear in a chunk of butchered human flesh because it knows it is about to be consumed by another human and this is an abomination. Do you know many people who have died from prion diseases? Probably not, because spontaneous and genetic prion diseases are extremely fucking rare among the general population. You could munch thousands upon thousands of human burgers without ever happening to eat neural tissue from one of the very few humans unlucky enough to have something like fatal familial insomnia. You could eat an infected beef burger tomorrow that's full of spooky scary prions, there is no way to innoculate cattle against a spontaneously misfolded protein and it would be slaughtered long before it was symptomatic.

And no, I'm not arguing that cannibalism is a great idea, but people really misinterpret kuru as somehow coming down like a Biblical plague because cannibalism is intrinsically wrong, rather than because infected tissue was being fed back into the same population on a closed loop.
>>
>>2124419
I had a family member who died from Creutzfeldt-Jakob's disease. :-( It was terrible.
>>
>>2123921
>>implying they can be tortured
As a matter of fact, they can. There is a middle point between "lol who cares, this cow won't feel a thing, it isn't concious" and "don't you dare touching it, it has feelings" when talking about killing animals for food/science or whatever.
Using a stungun to end its life is not torture as it is as quick as possible and it doesn't feel a thing, but cutting their throat ala muslim is.

>>2123977
As long as you discard the brain there shouldn't be any problem
>>
>>2123017
So the person in the picture found the calf in a car? Or were they the one who kidnapped it? Either way, fucking Christ. You can just get a domesticated buffalo calf from a damn farm.
>>
>>2124408
factory farmed cows are generally fed corn.
>>
>>2126322
factory farmed cattle is raised on forage in the US.

they're fed corn after that, but most cattle doesn't make it to maturity so they're not 'generally fed corn'
>>
>>2123934
Fuck yeah I would, it's one of my greatest desires. Stay away from liver though.
>>
>>2124337
>not realizing you can use the land from growing food for the cows to grow food for humans instead
>>
>>2126410
>false dichotomy
>not realizing we already use that same land to grow food for cows and people at the same time since they eat different parts of the crop.

vegans are simpletons, they fit right in here on /an/.
>>
>>2126322
>factory farmed cows are generally fed (the parts of the) corn (plant that humans can't eat).
this is true.
>>
>>2123702
Isn't there some sort of sanctuary for orphaned animals? Are bison not allowed since they're huge and not endangered of being extinct any timer soon?
>>
>>2126213
>Using a stungun to end its life
The stungun is just for stunning the animals before you cut their throats, though. It doesn't kill them.
>>
>>2123921
>One your grandparents paid for and would probably be horrified to see you exercising.
Fucking this.

I'm so fucking sick of how trendy vegans totally disregard our proud traditions. They are just children, yet they act like they are better than everyone else. I hate those fucking hipsters.
>>
>>2126412
Er, no. Actually, it isn't. Sweet corn is what people eat. Feed corn is what is fed to cows and other livestock. Less sugar. Different species of corn. The feed corn doesn't taste good to people. I know, I've tried it. It's yuck.
>>
>>2123017
what did the mother buffalo say to her son as the tourist put him in the back of their van?

bye son
>bison
>>
>>2123017
this is literally why sjw will bring the end of humanity
>>
>>2126524
Nah, they've got the heart but not the education.

That's pretty strange, isn't it? In this world it sometimes seems the latter is more easier to achieve.
>>
>>2126461
>The feed corn doesn't taste good to people. I know, I've tried it. It's yuck.
fuck you. it's delicious up to like 1/2 size and thoroughly edible at harvest time.
>>
>>2123899

I'm seriously considering this. I don't think you can just walk up to a bison calf and walk off with it without getting straight up murdered by the mother.
>>
File: 5ZAhTjs.png (640 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
5ZAhTjs.png
640 KB, 640x1136
>Not raising it as a house buffalo
baka
>>
File: 1455215434930-3.jpg (22 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
1455215434930-3.jpg
22 KB, 640x432
>calf more than likely rejected since the tourists weren't gored to death by its mom
>calf dies anyway
>>
>>2123728
Very foolish thinking, anon.

Who's to say those tourists are qualified to take care of that calf?
>>
Turns out it really was cold and lost
>>
File: 60.png (875 KB, 990x585) Image search: [Google]
60.png
875 KB, 990x585
>>2126636
someone beat me to it
>>
>>2123017
It was abandoned by the mother already. Bovines collectively guard the calves of the herd. The only person having something wrong with them is you, kys hippy scum.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.