[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adopting a dog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: basenji_04_lg.jpg (31 KB, 622x352) Image search: [Google]
basenji_04_lg.jpg
31 KB, 622x352
Hey /an/

I'm trying to adopt a Basenji, which is a particularly tough breed to track down. I am also open to younger Basenji mixes, but I'm not finding very many with petfinder.

What kind of methods/websites do you use to find dogs?
>>
Breed club is your best bet:
https://www.basenji.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_contact&view=category&catid=75&Itemid=97
>>
>>2122551
They like never have any dogs.
>>
>>2122551
I don't see any adoption stuff on here.
>>
>>2122548

Why are you trying to adopt a basenji specifically?
>>
>>2122552
>>2122554
http://www.basenjirescue.org/dogs/default.asp
>>
>>2122557
That has like no dogs, though.

I was looking for something a little more like, wide... Like there can't just be four dogs across the country.
>>
>>2122625
Yes there can be. Purebred Basenjis that no one wants for a fraction of the price? You have to be patient with this shit. You're not getting your dog tonight. Just keep in contact with a rescue and be ready to jump on one, or settle with a possible Basenji mix
>>
>>2122634
No, I know, I just don't know where to look. That BRAT website has had like no dogs over the course of a year.
>>
why a basenji specifically though?

they are a rare breed, so it's going to be hard. But sometimes you get lucky. about a month ago our shelter got in a 6 month old basenji mix as a stray
>>
there was a basenji mix at the adoption event where I picked up my pupper.

I'd seen the basenji on the rescue's website and considered her because she was a cutie. but when I got there to pick up the puppy I ended up choosing, the basenji was the loudest fucking shitcock I'd ever heard in my life. just sitting in her crate and screaming. just indiscriminately screaming.

the internet will tell you basenjis yodel. this is not true. they scream. they just do it because they like it. she wasn't displaying any fearful or anxious body language, she was just doing it because she could.
>>
>>2122687
this, all of this

the basenji puppy we had screamed like a banshee and practically drove us insane. but of course she went quickly because meme breed, thank god
>>
Adopt, don't shop.
>>
>>2123798

Fuck off.

People who do this are just furthering themselves as a victim... a rescue dog thats a service dog to your imaginary illness??? Really? Tell ne more?
>>
>>2123828
>comes into a thread specifically about OP wanting to adopt a dog
>pulling this shit
that desperate for attention?
>>
>>2122688
>getting rid of a dog because it's a meme breed
What the actual fuck, /an/?
>>
>>2123911
>What the actual fuck, /an/?
stop jumping to conclusions, I'm this anon >>2122647 and work at an animal shelter. we had a basenji puppy who was a pain in the ass but thankfully got adopted quickly so the whole building wouldn't have to hear her demonic screeching 24/7. I didn't even know dogs could even make noises like that. and she did it all. the. time. happy, sad, excited, it's like she expressed any feeling by just screeching.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.