[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone who just had to chase his puppy down a busy street
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: SweatMan1.png (892 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SweatMan1.png
892 KB, 1024x768
Ask someone who just had to chase his puppy down a busy street in the middle of the day anything.

Bare feet btw
>>
>holy shit my dog almost just died
>better get on 4chan asap

get a life
>>
>>2122424
Yeah you're right, I should probably be beating it right now. Thanks, reddit.
>>
>>2122421
Have you learned your lesson?
>>
>>2122467
What lesson? Accidents happen, I doubt OP intentionally let the puppy out.
>>
What's your favorite color OP?
>>
What happened?

I'll share a story of when I had to chase my pup also. We were walking in this valley by my house (off leash) and there's a creek that runs along the path so my dog was kind of alternating between splashing through the creek or walking beside me as he normally does. Then we noticed a stray dog across the water (there's a park on the other side). He normally has good impulse control but for some reason he really wanted to meet this dog. So he took off across the water and they both ran out of site. I couldn't risk them getting too far so I actually had to run across the creek myself. It fucking sucked. He was actually on his way back when I made it across. He came slinking over with his tail tucked and licked me a bunch so he knew he did something bad. We couldn't find the other dog though, oddly.

Then instead of walking back through the water we decided to take the surface roads in hopes that they'd loop around and connect back to my side of town. It ended up being a 6 mile walk and I had soaked sneakers and pants baka
>>
>>2122470
He should be more careful with his puppy. They do stupid shit like dart out of open doors to chase after traffic.
>>
Op look up Zak George on YouTube. He shills a bit, but he also has short, easy, and happy ways to teach dogs.

Literally took my pup a couple of days to learn not to run out the door.

I also suggest teaching your dog to walk on the sidewalk or side of the street only, and always make her/him sit before crossing a street. Those two simple things literally saved my dogs life.

She got spooked one night and tore the leash/broke it from fear and ran a block down the street. BUT, she stayed on the sidewalk, and she almost cane to a full stop before crossing the street at the corner. That short pause gave enough time for the car that was turning to see her.
>>
>found stray/lost, very friendly pitbull at 2am in the middle of december with snow everywhere
>no where is open, was 17 at that point and parents would not even allow me to keep it in the basement until the morning
>knocked on some known pitbull-owner houses that looked like they were still awake, flagged down people walking/up to ask if they had any idea whose dog this was
>had no choice but to call police and they said they would open up a kennel next door to the shelter for it
>bring it over
>hand over to police
>spend the next 45 minutes chasing this fucking thing with 5 other police officers at like 3-4am in a parking lot next to a busy road because one of the officers let go of it's leash
>benny hill music ensues

>get blamed for it instead of just leaving the dog to run amok and almost ticketed because friendo forgot to have his license on him
Seeing all of us run around like idiots because this dog thought it was fun and gamess was in fact hilarious though.
>>
>adopted a dog because I wanted to give one a home
>take her out to poop
>she uses the chance to try to escape, bites me and then wiggles her way out of her collar
>runs across the neighborhood and out onto the streets, chase after her
>when i turn the corner i already see her lying on the ground, already got hit by a car

She died. I still feel like a huge piece of shit. My previous dog had died of cancer and i wanted to honor her by giving a shelter dog a home. It didn't go like had wanted. Feels bad man, if I had left her at the shelter at least she wouldn't have died a painful death.
>>
>>2122675
Dog had it coming. If it's that much of an asshole on day one, imagine how much worse it would have become.
>>
>>2122421
Had to chase my pupper barefooted over pinecone and sticks and shit.
I finally got him because I was so fucking slow , he felt he had time to stop and pee.
I proved him wrong.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.