[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old Dogs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Random Shit 109.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Random Shit 109.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Hello /an/

Just went through a very hard and depressing day. Had to put down my 15 year old, 2 weeks shy of 16, Dalmatian today. Covered in tumors, could barely keep in her excrements, cataracts in both eyes, and today she could no longer stand.

She's been the light in the dark for me, ever since we rescued her when I was but 8 years old and it's hard knowing I won't wake up tomorrow and see her. She's lived past three other dogs, and has been an absolute soldier.

Could we maybe get an old dog thread, maybe talk about our last moments with our pets, reminisce on the good times. Just feel like reading some of your stories. Thanks everyone.

Pic related, since we never had her bred, every month towards the end, she'd gather her stuffed toys and treat them as if they were her puppies.
>>
>every month towards the end, she'd gather her stuffed toys and treat them as if they were her puppies
;-;
Sorry for your loss my man
>>
>>2121779
One of the most beautiful things about love is that even when the person is gone, they still are there with us.
Remember the good times, celebrate her memory
>>
>>2121779
When my little one was dying, just before my dad came to take him to the vet to have him put to sleep, I sat out in the garden with him.
It was a sunny day and it was just nearing sunset and I just stroked his fur for a long time.
I think about that a lot.
>>
>>2121779
;_;7
goodnight, sweet princess
>>
Please help
losing mind
please please
retriever only 3 years old
cancer now
have to end tomorrow
losing it
darkest place
how
why
>>
>>2121818
Gaaaaaaaaay
>>
>>2121779
here's an old doggo story for you.

i had an old english sheepdog when i was little. she was wonderful. she was so surprisingly intelligent for a dog, and protective as well - i guess that's what you should expect from a herding dog.

she absolutely loved my mother. no matter where my mother went, she would follow. she'd find specific spots around the house so she could watch her carefully as she did her daily chores.

she loved us kids, too. there was me, and my little brother and little sister. whenever we'd go outside to play, she'd follow us around and watch us very closely, to keep us out of trouble. when she couldn't be outside with us, she'd watch us from a big picture window in the living room.

she also had an incredibly loud bark. to keep her from barking to be let out, we bought her a little silver bell and tied it around the back door handle. the idea was that she'd nudge it with her nose to be let out, instead of barking at us. she learned very quickly, and very well. maybe a little too well. because then, she used that bell whenever she wanted to tell us anything at all.

need to pee? ring the bell. hungry? ring the bell. sink left on? bell. door left open? bell. wants attention? you guessed it.

her death was nothing spectacular. big dogs like her, their hips just give out at an old age. it makes me sad to think about...i just like remembering all the good things about having her in my life.

i actually watched a few old home movies recently, and she was in almost all of them. it made me emotional, ngl...
>>
Damn OP, I have to put my almost 14 year old Dalmatian down Saturday. Taking her to the vet tomorrow to see if they can do anything, she is skins and bones, keeps falling down, can't contain weight. This sucks.
>>
>>2125391
Fuck, that sounds like my Australian terrier. If it's anything like mine, her liver is failing.
>>
>>2125871
Ended up putting her to sleep yesterday at 3:31. She wasn't living a quality life, she couldn't go on anymore, she was telling me it was time.
I was going to post a picture of her but it's from my phone and says file too large.

RIP Sugar, love you forever and please keep watching over me as you have during our best friendship thus far.
8/29/2002-5/19/2016
>>
>>2126519
Post ending in 519, the date she left. She is still with me, as she will be forever.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.