[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goshawk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: brgosh_5207.jpg (103 KB, 600x808) Image search: [Google]
brgosh_5207.jpg
103 KB, 600x808
This is not the exact bird but i do rescues as a wildlife carer.
Ive just picked up a female goshawk from a farmer that was going to shoot her. I cannot for the sake of me think of a name for her.
>>
>>2121712
Osh Kosh Bgoshawk
>>
>>2121712
Golden eye
Mrs wisdom
Black beak
brown beak

just look up names for birds or hawks.
>>
>>2121790

Oh please this
>>
>>2121790

I came in here to talk shit about how real rehabbers don't name their patients.

But then I read this and I think you should name it Osh Kosh Bgoshawk.
>>
>>2121712
Don't name her, just do your fucking job.

Why do rehabbers always want to name "their" birds anyway? Do doctors name their human patients for their stay at the hospital? My boss chooses not to name any of the birds recovering at the raptor center, because it's basically treating them like pets. No respect.
>>
>>2122860
>>2123171
Is this actual autism that goes on with rehabbers? It's just a bird. It's just a name and it makes zero impact on anything. I name any wild animal that frequently shows up.

Henry the tom turkey, Tyrone the black squirrel, Leg Day Yesterday the 3 legged whitetail, etc. I don't bother, feed or approach them. They don't give a fuck.
>>
>>2121712
Beak and phfeffer
>>
>>2123171
>Do doctors name their human patients for their stay at the hospital?
For the ones that stay awhile, yeah. Can't use real names because of hipaa reasons
>>
>>2123177
It makes an impact on the behavior of the people doing the rehab. These aren't pets and it's not appropriate to treat them like pets, so there is no reason to name them.
>>
>>2123193

Naming only makes an impact if your a weak-minded individual with the self-control of a child. Responsible rehabbers who are good at their job can handle naming their patients without breaking down and wanting to keep lil Franny the fox.
>>
>>2123205
>doesn't know that 95% of rehab work is done by 16 year old volunteers
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.