[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently, I got myself one of these gorgeus fuckers and everywhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: rosella.jpg (101 KB, 1235x891) Image search: [Google]
rosella.jpg
101 KB, 1235x891
Recently, I got myself one of these gorgeus fuckers and everywhere I read, people agree that they absolutely love to play and I should give him plenty of toys to go crazy with, which I did.

He won't have any of it, though. He doesn't even look at them, and won't interact with absolutely anything that isn't food or the TV (which he loves for some reason). Am I doing something wrong? I've got a swing, one of those hard ropes that you can shape and another normal rope with a bell and some other shit in it.
>>
>>2118580
Only likes food and tv?
You got an American variant, op. It's normal, but he's going to vote for Trump.
>>
>>2118583
>american variant
Well, I do have an airsoft grenade launcher, maybe that'll catch his curiosity.
>>
>>2118580
Birds can be weird. Some birds like swings, some don't. Some birds like bells, some don't.

Get some different toys and try those out.

You also have to remember that the bird might not realize that these new things in the cage are toys. How long have they been in there? Just give the bird some time to get used to them, he might be scared or nervous but will grow more curious eventually.
>>
give every toy a week in the positions you have them in, then change some slightly, repeat... some birds need to adjust to toys (did it have many before you got it?)

+ birds can be weird as hell in the sense where you can get a toy and they'll ignore it but if you move that same toy 2 inches to the left it can become their favourite toy for a bit...

also you haven't had it long, some birds take a bit longer to loosen up and feel at home than others... it's not uncommon for a bird to be shy and quiet at first and then become louder and more playful as its comfort level increases
>>
>>2118600
>>2118601
Well, it's been around three weeks, I expected him to be more willing to play around with non-livings things by this time.

I do change the toys around, since the seller recommended it as well, but zero result.

If it's simply the bird being shy and annoyed at his new life, that i can understand. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't unheard of, or symbollic of something going wrong with the animal's mood.

Thanks anyway.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.