[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Cat Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: blackcat.jpg (116 KB, 804x799) Image search: [Google]
blackcat.jpg
116 KB, 804x799
Male cat born January 24th; he was the runt of the litter and named Bacon. When is the time for shots, flea & tick treatment and... sadly, neutering; is there a way to just manage/train or outdoorify this awesome little guy so he gets to keep his nuts? He's a good genetic specimen of felis catus.

>Also, regarding fleas, when does flea season usually start up here in Connecticut? I kinda forget.

>Older female here also, identically colored, sniffs him sometimes but gets angry at him usually, growls, hisses, swats (gently); he just kinda drops & freezes peacefully or runs away, but he always wants to come back and sniff the bigger kitty and he's learning from her by watching her, so that's good, but how long until she accepts him? Would she like him more if he were fixed like her?

>I'm lobbying to rename the kitten Coheed because the other cat's name is Cambria.
>>
>>2118189
>sadly, neutering
Fuck off. Get his balls chopped off. His life will be better, and your life will be better. He won't live in a state of perpetual sexual frustration, and in exchange, he won't spray like a madman and make your entire house reek of cat piss. Get him fixed you queerlord.
>>
>>2118193
But, when: now?
>>
>>2118189

Its time for all of that now. Typically this is done around 3rd month. Some places do it a little early at 2 months. If I did the math right, Bacon should be around 4 months, in which case he's ready to go.
>>
>>2118189
>is there a way to just manage/train or outdoorify this awesome little guy so he gets to keep his nuts?
No, fuck you, there are enough stray kittens and cats out.

>>2118195
Call a vet.
>>
>>2118189
>runt
>good genetic material
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that mean he got the short end of the good gene stick?
>>
>>2118195
Now. 4 months is good.
>>
my aunt smuggled a feral cat from the middle east to northern europe by planes, trains, and off the grid roads. it attacks anyone who tries to pet it, except my aunt. I live with them a few times a year and that stupid cat often comes into my bed at night and sleeps by my feet, between my legs, or even right beside me. when I wake up and start moving she hisses and goes into full aggro mode, confining me to lay motionless in bed or confront the aggressive middle eastern feral cat in my underwear.
how do I kill this thing?
>>
>>2118212
You point a loaded gun at your own face and pull the trigger
>>
>>2118212
Sounds kinky.
>>
>>2118189
Oh for fucks sake. The surgery takes all of a minute and is pretty fucking non-invasive. Your cat will thank you for it too. For one, you wont end up killing or abandoning him for pissing on all your things. He'll also be a hell of a lot more chill/less stressed since he wont think he needs to defend territory.
>>
>>2118205
Runts aren't runts because of genes. It's because of lack of nutrition.
>>
>>2118212
one of my cats hisses, but she doesnt do shit, and anytime she ever does bite it isnt really even a bite at all, her teeth just kind of touch me and I feel almost nothing
>>
>>2118189
>outdoor
>keeps nuts

Pick one.
You can't train him not to knock up other cats, he'll also wander further and be more aggressive, resulting in more fights and a greater risk of contracting kitty aids through injuries from other cats. Even as an indoor cat, neutering is best. He'll be less likely to start spray marking your home with urine, and less likely to want to escape to get at that sweet lady cat booty. Tom cats are a pain and he''ll be perpetually frustrated. Its only you that has an attachment to his balls anyway, which is when you think about it, a bit creepy.

Also stick with Bacon.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.