[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/an/, I fucked up real bad. I don't know anything about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
/an/, I fucked up real bad.

I don't know anything about rodents, so maybe I'm just projecting, but this I'd making me feel sick.

I was walking around my property, and I saw a bird fly away from the ground before me. There was a small rat. Cutest little thing I've seen.

It was writhing around, and, looking at it, I saw its forepaw was torn up. It was writhing, and eventually just convulsing, so I kept watch of it.
I tried to give it something to eat, but it ignored the walnut I offered, and then I realized that its little face was cut up.

And then I think I saw that its stomach was split open.

Guys, I think I interrupted the bird's preying before it could take the thing out of its misery.

Once more, I think I taunted it with food when it could barely move anymore. I managed to prod it up to his face and he still wouldn't eat.

What the fuck have I done? What do I do now?
>>
The rat is probably dead by now bro, or will be within a few minutes.

If it's not, you could take it to a vet to have it euthanized humanely (if it actually is in as bad shape as you think it is).

It's sad but there is no need to flagellate yourself for what you did. The rat was already maimed by the time you got there. You didn't intend to harm the rat. It just happened.
>>
>>2117997
EAT THE RAT
>>
An animal on the verge of death after being attacked by a predator doesn't want fucking food you stupid shit
>>
>>2118016
this.
I don't know why you thought the rat would have the munchies just then.
>>
>>2117997
Oh god this reminds me of when I was like nine or ten when I was in the school playground, and someone stepped on a catterpillar. All its guts had sprayed out but it was still alive and moving. A bunch of us gathered around in horror and just stood staring at this poor dying creature. Some kids were hysterically asking if anyone had a plaster to try and hold its insides back in, I think in the end one of the teachers must have moved us on and dispatched of the poor thing.

Still find the memory quite traumatic.

Sorry OP, its not your fault. Nature's just fucking brutal.
>>
>>2117997
RIP
I know the feel. Sucks.
I probably would have stomped the shit out of its head and felt bad for a week afterwards.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.