[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just seen my first snake since moving to Central Florida. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
I just seen my first snake since moving to Central Florida. What kind of snake is he?
>>
File: 2279.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
2279.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1152
What kind of snake is this?

He was HUGE and kept snapping at the workhead on the crane.
>>
>>2117885
It's a glass lizard, not a snake. Florida has four or so species of them and they can be very hard to find since they spend most of their time in the leaf litter. They're basically a skink without legs.
>>
>>2117892
thanks, I knew the tail looked weird. I'm guessing its tail recently broke off
>>
>>2117894
If I remember correctly, the reason why they're called glass lizards is because how brittle their tail is. That you'll rarely find a glass lizard who has an undamaged tail.
>>
>>2117889

It's a venomous snake. Where was the picture taken?
>>
File: 2277.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
2277.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
>>2117900
South Memphis.
>>
>>2117902

I'd be inclined to think a fucking huge cottonmouth judging by the eye bar, pattern, what appears to be water in the background. And you're in their range.
>>
>>2117903
Yeah, it was kind of a swamp in that area. Lots of little fish in it and snakes swimming everywhere. I've never seen that many snakes in one day.
>>
>>2117903
> Fucking huge cottonmouth
Yeah I second that
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.