[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you have a 6ft fence for your dogs and neighbours kid kicks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 0
If you have a 6ft fence for your dogs and neighbours kid kicks a soccer ball over the fence and your dogs pop the ball. Would you feel obligated to replace the ball?
>>
What? No.
>>
It would be a nice gesture.

Are you the creepy old man in the neighborhood that no one ever sees and all the kids are scared of?
>>
Would I feel obligated?
no

I'd still probably do it if the kids werent little shit heads though.
>>
>>2116933
yeah, where I live a house with a yard rents for $1200/month and sells for at least $200,000.

Since I can afford that I wouldn't waste a second wondering if I should spend $15 on a ball my dog destroyed. Who cares? That's not even my daily coffee budget. I spend more on gasoline every day. That's less than I give my son for his allowance.
>>
>>2117006

No we are a twenty something couple in out first suburban home we moved in from the country, I was just wondering what the protocol was.

We had a ball come over today and I rescued it before it got eaten but the guy with his kid was acting like its our responsibility to stop our dogs damaging the balls. Then he started going on about my dog being aggressive in an indirect neurotic Jewish way because it barked at them from inside as they came through the gate.
>>
>>2117017
>I was just wondering what the protocol was.
legally he's required to keep his shit out of your yard, it's not your responsibility to replace it or even return it.

it doesn't hurt to be nice to your neighbors tho.
>>
Probably ya, but it also depends on if the kids are shitheads or not. I would probably tell them to be careful next time and suggest they go to a baseball field or actual soccer field because it sucks when things break, and using it where it's meant to be used is better.
>>
>>2117016

A decent soccer ball is like $100 to $120.
>>
>>2117020
I kinda doubt that's the value of a ball the neighbors are kicking over my fence, but if they did I'd scoop it up before my dog got it and I'd sell it on ebay.
>>
>>2117017
Oh no that's bullshit.

In this case I would do a little white lie and (if your dog isn't a small breed)say it's a professionally trained guard dog and you're just 'warning him' for his 'safety'.

Because he honestly sounds like the type to fuck with your shit and get your dog put down.
>>
>>2117017
If he's going to be that guy then no. I would take every ball he has and kill his kids.
>>
>>2117021

Maybe but it wasnt one of the $5 ones I buy for the dogs to kill in 30 seconds as a special treat.

I think Ill go buy a decent one and stow it away just incase one day.
>>
>>2117024
I dunno, I'm a murrican.

if my neighbor implied I was supposed to keep my dogs away from balls his brats left in my yard I'd probably slash his tires and graffito his front door as a friendly warning to watch his ass.
>>
>>2117022

Yeah he is 6 months old mastiff cross so kind of looks like a large pitbull at the moment maybe that was his issue. Im suprised Im wasting energy thinking about it but its our first home and I dont want to make a bad neigbour.
>>
>>2117026
>I dont want to make a bad neigbour.
you're young and you have a mastiff, it's too late.

don't let people push you around. It's fine to be nice to nice people, but the way you describe it he's not a nice person.
>>
>>2117029

We actually get on well with neighbours either side, both have dogs and young kids. This guy is on the back of our property, hopefully never hear from him again.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.