[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what kind of bird is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-05-06-17-39-05.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-06-17-39-05.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I found this bird while walking and i thought it might be a pigeon but it's a bit smaller than a pigeon and it looks different than the pigeons in this area. It was pretty chill and when i walked up to it, it didn't fly away but i think something was wrong with its beak so it might have just been malnourished.
>>
>>2116786
Looks like a mourning dove
>>
Looks like a mourning dove
>>
I always thought they were morning doves. Instead of mourning. The more you know!
>>
There's a very silly kind of bird that will lay its eggs in railroad ballast. They sort of look like the ballast so it makes sense, but whenever I unexpectedly walk near the nesting bird it will start squawking at me and spread its wings and act very tough. Mind you, these birds are about the size of a mocking bird.

If you get too close they'll fly off buy stay in the area and pretend to act wounded to draw you away.

Anyone have an idea of what bird this is?
>>
>>2116868
hundreds of bird species do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUO9vVkc0FY
>>
>>2116872
That one there might actually be it.

It was so funny. They just showed up all the time at work around this time last year. They'd act so tough and I'd spread out my arms and mess with them a little.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.