[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Finally get into a somewhat financially stable situation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: just just KILL IT.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
just just KILL IT.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>Finally get into a somewhat financially stable situation (Have a couple more bills I have to take care of, but will probably be able to handle in the next 3 or so months)

>Have been looking at the local humane society for a buddy for my dog

>Was looking at doggy day care to get her a bit more comfortable with playing

>Saw two german shepherds up for adoption on their facebook

>Know they are friendly with other dogs otherwise they wouldn't be allowed at the day care

>Have wanted a german shehpherd all my life

>These two might be gone by the time I get my finances in place enough to adopt one

>Temptation to be reckless increasing. Suffering increasing.

End life: Y/N?

>N

MUST

RESIST….

TEMPTATIONS!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!!
>>
Stick with your original plan bud. These are the two possibilities:

1) You jump the gun and get the two shepherds. Your financial hardships are worsened because now youa have TWO dogs instead of the original one you planned (unless 2 was the plan all alomg), and you got them before you were financially ready. And even though they go to a doggy day care, that is no guarantee that they are good dogs for you or are what you are looking for in a dog besides being shepherds.

Or

2) stick to your plan, save up your dough and work with a good shelter that will take time with you on finding the right dog for you and will ideally havr resources for you to use both before and after adoption to help with the transition.

One has much higher risk without guarentee of a good dog, while the other has much less risk with a higher chance of getting the right dog for you
>>
>>2112983
I know, it's just SOOO tempting. But I ain't doing it, because 2 is the option I have to do for my current dog.
>>
You might be able to put a hold on them by putting some money down. That's what I did to reserve my GSD mix since I couldn't take him home until after I moved. I payed his adoption fee and the adoption agency kept him for me for 2 or 3 months. I may have gotten special consideration since the adoption people knew me though.
>>
>>2113177
I'll just have to be patient and when I'm ready, let the shelter know I'm looking for a german shepherd. Course, it's going to take some meetings too because it has to get along with my current dog.
>>
>>2113218
>let the shelter know I'm looking for a german shepherd

this is fundamentally the wrong approach and i wish all people like you would realize it

you need to go meet dogs and find a dog you connect with, not have a preordained idea of which breed you have to get. this leads to bad relationships, bad owners, unloved destructive dogs.
>>
>>2113238
Wow buddy...way to fucking assume shit about people. Getting a german shepherd wasn't some random fucking idea that magically popped into my head one day.

I will do what is best for my current dog first and foremost, but if they have a german shepherd I am by all means going to try and get it IF it gets along with my current dog and doesn't have any horrible habits.

Me and my partner are very active people, and a german shepherd is my ideal dog breed.
>>
>>2113278
>a german shepherd is my ideal dog breed.

and having an "ideal dog breed" is stupid and doesn't make any sense to an educated person who understands dogs.

Which is why I assume shit about people: because they're stupid and illogical.
>>
>>2113303
>Breeds weren't created for specific needs
>You should,be happy with what you get instead of trying to pick something you might want even though there's plenty of variety

Mother fucker, I'm putting the needs before the wants. But if the needs match up with the wants, then why are you so fucking buttmad? It's a dog in a shelter just like all the rest of them. A dog that requires more maintenance that I am able to provide.

You just want a fucking reason to call people idiots, don't you?

I get, and sympathies, that most people see a purebred in a shelter and immediately want it JUST BECAUSE its purebred and thry don't think of the consequences. However, I am not one of those idiots. I have been planning to get a german shepherd for YEARS because that is the dog I have my heart set on. Now I will have the opportunity to get one before I expected AND it will be a partner for my current dog if they get along.
>>
>>2113379
you don't have specific needs. but of course, you're the type of person with special snowflake syndrome, you "need" a german shepherd. It's for your work as a special forces police
>>
>>2113401
I don't need 'specific needs', not in the way that you're fucking imagining. You also still haven't given me one good reason why I shouldn't try for the dog I want if it fits. It's in the shelter which means it needs a home. Why does it trigger you so badly just because it's a breed?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.