[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe to feed your dog this kind of stuff to help it get big?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11
File: BULLYMAX-3.jpg (89 KB, 336x280) Image search: [Google]
BULLYMAX-3.jpg
89 KB, 336x280
Is it safe to feed your dog this kind of stuff to help it get big?
>>
File: buffdog.jpg (22 KB, 320x392) Image search: [Google]
buffdog.jpg
22 KB, 320x392
Also post pics of buff dogs.
>>
File: roger.jpg (111 KB, 594x798) Image search: [Google]
roger.jpg
111 KB, 594x798
>post buff dogs.
k
>>
>being this much of a nigger
>>
>>2110486
I think your dog might be autistic
>>
File: top-blue-tank-8.jpg (193 KB, 1430x1091) Image search: [Google]
top-blue-tank-8.jpg
193 KB, 1430x1091
>>
>>2110481
More importantly, what will happen if I start feeding it to stray cats in my neighborhood?
>>
>>2110481

Why would you want to? Feed your dog a decent diet and exercise it and it will be healthy and athletic.
>>
File: rich-piano.png (122 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
rich-piano.png
122 KB, 300x360
>Not wanting your doggo to leave humanity behind
CMON
>>
>>2110550
This, although a dog neutered very young will never develop the same muscle mass as a dog neutered later or not at all.
>>
>>2110599

Yeah the vet was telling me its best to leave large breeds for 2 years before neutering them.
>>
>>2110486
Fucking Australia man. Whole place should be nuked.
>>
>>2110481

Some dogs that spend the majority of their time inside (most dogs, actually) are underweight because they don't get enough exercise. Their muscle mass is too low.

This is especially dangerous in large breeds, because they then rely on their bones to do the brunt of the work instead of the muscle. Needless to say, putting any unnecessary tax on a large breed's bones is incredibly bad.

Some supplements might do them good. But buffing up your little nigger dog will take years off their life.
>>
I got my dog a backpack so she can carry stuff on it on walks. Nothing too heavy just our first aid kit, water, etc.
>>
I can understand a person having so little respect for oneself they go that way, but don't push your own insecurities on your poor pet. Let him enjoy a normal lifestyle.
>>
>>2110524
The cats will die around 1-5 years of liver failure, it's too much for them to process. So, they will have the average live span of outdoor cats.
>>
>>2110486
That looks like a Kangaroo.
>>
>>2110692
No shit?
>>
>>2110599
>>2110619
what about spaying? would it have the same consequence?
>>
>>2110732
Yes but no one likes to talk about that because muh balls
>>
>>2110481
Bruhhhhhh hell yuh. Dat shit get ya pitts big af. Ain't is no nigga gunna wunna fuk witchu wit a big ass pitt bruh.
>>
>>2110599
I've seen living proof this isn't always true..
>>
>>2110481
Whoever thought this was a good idea should seriously be shot in the stomach and left in a gutter to slowly bleed to death.
>>
Ill take my dogs lean and sinewy for any kind of protection work in any case. I doubt those "bullys" could close a gap before you were assualted.
>>
What type of dog are these huge bully dogs anyway? It's called a pitbull but I'm not sure what it's really made of.
>>
>>2111081
Oops meant to post this pic. It's a 175 lb dog described as a pitbull but I don't think it's any kind of actual pitbull.
>>
>>2111083
some mixture of mastiff and staffie
>>
>>2111083
This is fucking hilarious.
Not even bears have heads that big.
>>
>>2111083

I would guess neo and dogue de bourdeux in them plus they only breed the biggest but its hard to say what goes into them. I dont personally see the appeal.
>>
If this trend doesn't stop soon people are going to be walking around 450 lb mega-dogs.
>>
File: Giant-George.jpg (351 KB, 1888x1227) Image search: [Google]
Giant-George.jpg
351 KB, 1888x1227
>>2111436
According to guinness, the world's largest dog, Giant George is 245lbs
>>
>>2111439
was
>>
File: 1461554409776.png (171 KB, 542x309) Image search: [Google]
1461554409776.png
171 KB, 542x309
>>2111448
What happened?
>>
>>2111453
It died.

Great Danes and other large dogs tend to have relatively short lifespans.

We're approaching a bold new age of 400 lb dogs that merely live to be 3 years old. Dogs have been getting larger and larger, but this madness can't continue indefinitely.
>>
>>2111436
There is a point where these dogs will not be able to biologically breed at a healthy age before actually dying, which will make unhealthy (if any living) puppies which in turn creates an even larger risk of dead or unhealthy puppies, until one would hope all puppies are stillborn or die soon after.

Great Danes are already facing this risk. Their lifespan is somewhere around 6-8, which puts their senior status at probably 5 years. Dane owners may try to tell you Danes aren't seniors until they slow down, but let's be realistic here for the sake of conversation and go off of when their body and overall health start to deteriorate. Giant dog breeds do not stop fully growing until 2 years, but with some of the larger dogs, that increases up to 2.5 years until fully grown. So before you hit birth complications of senior dogs, and complications of breeding too young, you have 2.5 years of breeding. Also keep in mind that ideally there should only be one litter a year, especially for giant breeds where the excess stress of litters can severely shorten their lives. So you can get two healthy litters out of a Dane currently. If we continue breeding like we are, the gap between fully grown and beginning to die will only continue to get shorter.
>>
>>2110481
Of course not. People who are bizarrely focused on making their dog insano buff don't give a fuck about their health.
>>
>>2111439
do you guys think that that dog gave his owner the knot
>>
can smaller breeds exhibit the levels of muscle seen in this thread? Can I raise a vascular, pro-wrestler-proportioned corgi?
>>
>>2112566

Yes but a Corgi has longer fur.
>>
>>2112573
Do they particularly need their fur long? would regular hair trimmings, short enough to see its muscles, be at all bad for the doggo?
>>
>>2112585

Kill yourself.
>>
>>2112586
Okay, thanks, but also could you or someone answer my question? genuinely curious and looking for answers.
>>
>>2111439

heaviest living dog. There was some mastiff that was over 300 that passed away recently. I don't remember the details. But the record for heaviest of all time was some other, wasn't it?
>>
File: 562.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>2112591
>>
>>2112591

On behalf of your own dog, kill yourself.
>>
>>2111461
My uncles Great Dane was old. He eventually found a way outside then my uncle saw him lie in the road. He couldn't do anything as a car was approaching fast. The dog saw it coming. He was very old. Do dogs commit sudoku?
>>
>>2111436
I say we do it, I want to see some crazy shit before we go all Mad-Max, hell I want to fight super-dogs in the apocalypse.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.