[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a muted calico cat, who is 6 years old. She has never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 34243515315.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
34243515315.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
I have a muted calico cat, who is 6 years old. She has never been sick before, but is really ill right now. She recently killed a mouse, I'm not sure if the mouse had anything to do with these problems, but there is something serious wrong with her. I have an appointment for the vet but can't get her in for a week.

Symptoms
>loss of appetite
>loss of weight
>appears to be sweating

Any ideas on what could cause this? Thanks.
>>
>>2095633
>>appears to be sweating

uhh...never heard of that one.

>Any ideas on what could cause this? Thanks.
Being honest, brace yourself for the possibility of putting your cat down. Loss of appetite and loss of weight are pretty much two awful indicators in any animal.
>>
>>2095643
>uhh...never heard of that one

Her fur feels damp and she is hot. Its as if she is sweating.

>Being honest, brace yourself for the possibility of putting your cat down. Loss of appetite and loss of weight are pretty much two awful indicators in any animal.

That's what I'm afraid of, thanks for the honest reply though.
>>
>appears to be sweating
Thfuck? Cats can't sweat. So unless she's just drooling all over or pissing herself then I have no idea what the fuck that could be.

Call a different vet, find an emergency one.
>>
>>2095652
cats can sweat, but they never sweat in such volume that it's apparent, except from their paws.
>>
>>2095633
Has the cat had bowel movements recently? this can be a symptom of gastric/intestinal issues.
>>
>>2095648
>Her fur feels damp and she is hot. Its as if she is sweating.
that's weird because cats only have sweat glands on the pads of their feet
>>
>>2095633
You need to go to another vet then because your cat is going to die.

My guess is rat poison ingested by the rat.
>>
>>2095732
yeah i was reluctant to say this but its probably true
>>
>>2095648
Cats are going to feel warm to the touch because their natural body temperature is higher than ours. As for sweating, I really don't know. Maybe over grooming?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.