[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me something fascinating about any animal that you want,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Chicks-In-Hats11.jpg (33 KB, 680x523) Image search: [Google]
Chicks-In-Hats11.jpg
33 KB, 680x523
Tell me something fascinating about any animal that you want, something amazing and new, something I can tell my kids about one day.

I'm too lazy to fact check so I'll just assume that whatever you say is true :)
>>
Cats eat your asshole at night and rape mom and dad
>>
Ducks and dolphins love rape. Ducks so much that their cock is as long as their body with sharp spines and the females have fake vaginas to prevent undesired mating.
>>
>>2092319
You are my favorite animal OP...

ummmm

These two are both fun articles:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19388_6-things-you-wont-believe-animals-do-just-like-us.html

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-sociopathic-assholes-disguised-as-adorable-animals/

I personally like this little tidbit

>Bengal finches not only have rules of syntax when it comes to songs, but they also get mighty pissy when other finches break them.

>Researchers at Kyoto University recorded the tweets, chirps and chi-chi-chu-wee-reeeees of a group of finches, then played the songs back to a different group. After a while, the scientists pulled a fast one by taking the same songs and jumbling them up -- forming new "sentences," if you will. In most cases, the finches didn't seem to care. But one version of the jumbled song made the finches go bananas.

>They started screeching angrily -- the kind of call usually reserved for intruding enemy finches. The scientists tried playing the same sound sample again with another group, and they got pissed, too -- virtually every finch that heard it, in fact. The scientists had accidentally created the finch song version of a your/you're mistake.

>In case you're thinking that maybe they had just accidentally created a finch song that naturally sounds violent or threatening, they played it for a group of finches that had been raised in isolation -- they never lived with finches in the wild. They were fine with it. They didn't screech.

>But then when those same finches spent two weeks with the first group, the ones that went apeshit at the sound of the song, soon they started getting pissed off at it, too. Being around the other finches taught them the rules of their "grammar," and taught them to get enraged at those who misuse it.
>>
File: orange roughy.png (476 KB, 489x537) Image search: [Google]
orange roughy.png
476 KB, 489x537
>>2092319
Orange Roughy which happens to be my favorite fish to eat can live to be 100 years old.
>>
>>2092319
Toads make calm, easy to care for terrarium pets. They can be taught to eat out of your hand once they have become acclimated to you.
>>
>>2092319
Rams are the only species besides humans to express exclusive homosexual desires.

Most other species act somewhere in between on the kinsey scale.
>>
Eagles tend to lay two eggs at a time. The two chicks are highly prone to fighting to the death and the parents do nothing to stop it.
>>
>>2092319
Platypuses... I always thought it was Playtpi, but chrome underlines it in red while it doesnt for playpuses, so I guess it is platypuses.

Anyway playpuses actually don't exist sort of like the jackalope, it's just a long running meme.
>>
>>2092807

This post is a mess.
>>
File: 1440217423949.jpg (528 KB, 1560x3608) Image search: [Google]
1440217423949.jpg
528 KB, 1560x3608
>>
Octopuses can predict the future.
>>
>>2092810
Hod do you mean?
>>
Did you know?

Armadillos are really cool.
>>
>>2092319
Black people and chimps can communicate telepathically.
>>
>>2092319
Bats are the only mammals that can fly!
>>
>>2092810
JEB
E
B
>>
>>2092807
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6QHzIJO5a8
Really..
>>
File: 1459594898227.gif (2 MB, 360x414) Image search: [Google]
1459594898227.gif
2 MB, 360x414
>>2092811
>cont.
>>
>>2092841
Blacks truly are superior to whites
>>
>>2092807
>>2093540
platypuses are just pokémons made real by meme magic
>>
>>2092839
And they can also get leprosy
>>
the latin name for a blackbird is "turdus"

sounds fake but true
>>
Mike the Headless Chicken lives 18 months after his head was chopped off with an ax.

Although I never knew him, I miss mike.
>>
Chickens are not real animals.
They are just simply fish painted up to look like birds.
In fact birds do not exist.
>>
There's been a striped hyena discovered traveling with a pack of wolves, judging the footprints that were tracked over a long distance. Another scientist claims that he saw a hyena traveling with a wolf pack first hand. It's theorized that they're working together when they normally wouldn't because of how harsh the climate is.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.