[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gardening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 20160329_175205.jpg (4 MB, 2079x1937) Image search: [Google]
20160329_175205.jpg
4 MB, 2079x1937
I've recently put in some rose bushes, but I'm getting a lot of conflicting information on how to keep them. I was told I need to water them everyday until they're established, but I'm worried I'm over watering them. The buds looks very fat and engorged, and the one pictured is starting to get yellow leaves. Is watering them every other day going to be sufficent?
>>
You should be watering every day for the first two weeks. Then once every two or three days. If you live in an area where it's really hot in the summer, go back to watering daily.

It's really freaking tough to overwater shrubs. Like, near impossible.

The yellow leaves are no big deal at all. It's really common, and they'll snap out of it. It's just a minor nitrogen deficiency, and you can use some water soluble fertilizer to perk it up if it's really bugging you.

Honestly, it looks and sounds like you are doing everything right.
>>
>>2091311

Roses are the most boring, overused plants. Plus they look shit and require pruning.

Fuck roses.
>>
Best rose = Zéphirine Drouhin
Truly thornless, repeat blooming, great as a shrub or a climber, neon bright color, smells amazing.

https://www.davidaustinroses.com/american/showrose.asp?showr=619
>>
>>2091319

This

Get hardy hibiscus or Clematis on a trellis

Even blueberry bushes can be ornamental
>>
QTDDTOT Garden Edition

I'm planning a 2 square foot container garden. Is it okay if I rotate carrots, tomatoes/peppers, broccoli/cabbage in the same soil? Planning on planting red clover as a winter crop and tilling it in early spring next year.

How long can I use the same soil without having to replace it if I rotate like this?
>>
>>2091352

Well, if you're using potting soil (you should be), you should change it out once a year, and that has to do more with disease than the plants stripping out nutrients.
>>
>>2091317
I live on the face of the sun, so by June it'll probably be daily waterings. Thanks for all your information, I've never kept bushes before at all. Apartment life never really allowed for it.

>>2091319
Honestly, pruning isn't that big of a deal to me. I find tasks like that to be therapeutic. I agree that roses are probably overrated, I just love the smell.

>>2091342
>Hibiscus
Actually, I'd like to invest in a few hibiscus next time I got out to buy plants. I have a huge, empty front yard and I wanted to add more color.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.