[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Incomplete Molt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
My rose molted while I was away on spring break... I came back to top off her water before the molt happened, but I am worried the humidity wasn't high enough for her.

Part of her old exoskeleton is still attached to her. It has been there for a few days. I havent done anything to take it off because it doesnt interfere with her movement.

Should I try to take it off? Should I let her deal with it?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>2090961
Jesus dude, spiders already have enough legs
>>
I freaked out the first time this happened to me. Don't worry, its normal, please just leave her alone and it will fall off on its own. She was fully developed under her last exo.
>>
>>2090961
definitely just let it be. My B. smithi's molt ended like this some years ago, and he's still kicking. the old molt wasn't fun for him to drag around but it got dealt with.
>>
Nice brown recluse, OP
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2090984
No extra legs, just part of her old exoskeleton is attached to her butt.
>>
>have three hermit crabs
>two of them die over the course of a couple years
>biggest one just molted for the first time
>didn't know he was molting, so I moved the hut he sleeps in to check inside
>was freaked out a little because of the exoskeleton before I noticed he was in a shell
>he hasn't moved in two days
I'm scared he might have died during the molt, right after crawling back into the shell. He's still pale as fuck and doesn't move. Any advice from people with tree crabs?
>>
Update: my spiders butt healed up and she is just fine. Thanks for the advice people!
>>
>>2091458
Depends on your set up. I keep a running list of when my hermits go into molt so I can have a bit of foresight for future cage cleanings.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.