[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello. I don't normally ask for help but my parents bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4
File: 20160319_211836-1024x576.jpg (82 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20160319_211836-1024x576.jpg
82 KB, 1024x576
Hello. I don't normally ask for help but my parents bought a puppy. I think it's a Pitbull.we have had it for two days now.
My parents say it was only 6 weeks old when they took it
I've been googling around for proper puppy care and it seems like this was too early and it could fuck the puppy up. Well, this became a little evidenr tonight. The Puppy slept in her crate next to my bed and would not stop whimpering. I tried to ignore it and when I didn't ignore it, I would take her outside for a few minutes and then take her straight back to the crate
She would pee a little then go back to whimpering
Any way, My Dad gave her food at water at 2 AM and she still was whimpering so I took her out once more then put her crate in my parents room
My question is, What can I do to combat the damage my parents have done to the puppy if any? She's a nice puppy and likes to be held but I think she is spoiled because we let her sleep in our arms insteas of crate training her ontop of being taken from her litter too soon
On a side note, the "breeder" got the rest of the pups taken to a rescue because he couldn't take care of them
Piece of shit probably just wanted to get a little money from the dogs so he rushed the puppies out ASAP
>>
Also, Dog has a fucking hernia which I hear is heredetary and my Dad wants to get her ears clipped, How can I save this pupper?
>>
Just feels isolated in the crate and doesn't like it, in my opinion anyway. Consider just letting it sleep on a doggy bed next to yours or something?
>>
YouTube: Zakgeorge, Kikopup
Books:Ian Dunbar
NO-NO'S:Ceasar Millon, punishing for going potty on the carpet, punishing for chewing on things it shouldn't be

It's just a baby, have patience and CONSTANT supervision. Get it to the vet as SOON as you can for a check up. Cut costs by getting boosters from a feedstore or petstore. Start socializing with other polite dogs as soon as possible after she's had her boosters.
>>
>>2086118
Clip your dad's ears.
>>
>>2086168
A lot of what Caesar Milan teaches is good, but viewed through the lenses of the TV camera, can really skew the information.
>Break the dog's concentration when they are focussing on something - a learned trigger is good for this (my dogs know that when the leash is dropped onto their butt that they need to pay attention to me).
>Let the dog know you're in charge - it's your fault of your dog doesn't understand it's position.
>Pinning is the only acceptable physical punishment - it helps to reassert dominance and is exactly when a dog's mother would do - they instinctually know what this means.
Dogs generally don't give a fuck about being hit and in basically 100% of cases all it does it make the behaviour worse and traumatise the dog.
>>
>>2086168
Don't get shots from a feed store of you're not trained to give shots. You can give it wrong, which would make the vaccine moot, and these vaccines are very important for a puppy this young. Also, if administered wrong, a mass can form at the injection site that may need to be surgically removed, or if left untreated, the whole leg may have to come off. You have to pay for the vet office visit anyway for rabies shot, mine as well get it all done. Distemper only costs around $25-45
>>
>>2086181
I've never seen a dog pin another dog unless it was in a dog fight
>>
Thanks for the replies, Will definitely try some of these suggestions. Hopefully this Pupper will turn out fine
>>
>The Puppy slept in her crate next to my bed and would not stop whimpering. I tried to ignore it and when I didn't ignore it, I would take her outside for a few minutes and then take her straight back to the crate She would pee a little then go back to whimpering. Any way, My Dad gave her food at water at 2 AM and she still was whimpering so I took her out once more then put her crate in my parents room

The puppy whimpering at night is normal, really. Remember she's still just a baby and alone, she's not used to it. She will get used to it but it is good you're taking her out at night to piss.
>>
>>2086112
omg i want a puppy so badly
>>
ahhh i want a puppy so badly omg
>>
File: 20160321_101941-1024x1820.jpg (285 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
20160321_101941-1024x1820.jpg
285 KB, 1024x1820
>>2086215
She is cute,Cute!
Been biting the fuck out of my 6-7 year old siblings though when she gets playful, Doesn't have enough toys or things to chew on yet.
Pic is right now.Played some Dawn of War with the Pup then took her outside and she used the bathroom.
Seems she really needs some bite control, She gets in a playful mood and doesn't realize she is hurting us. Dunno how to go about that though
>>
>>2086246
And to think that she'll grow up into a dangerous pit bull one day
>>
File: EVIL MURDERDOG.jpg (214 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
EVIL MURDERDOG.jpg
214 KB, 700x700
>>2086260
>dangerous
>>
>>2086260
Well, Luckily I was wrong
She's an American Staffordshire Terrier, Not sure if that has a stigma here but from pictures, they seem to be a little more cute than Pits
>>
File: 1385485255332.jpg (17 KB, 204x137) Image search: [Google]
1385485255332.jpg
17 KB, 204x137
>>2086112
what a cute pupper
>>
>>2086275
not the same as pitbulls, but people are so moronic that probably 95% of the population doesn't know they're different breeds and will just group all of them together as "pitbulls". meaning if you're in an area or appartment complex has a ban on "pitbulls", your dog will also be discriminated against even though she isn't an actual American PitBull Terrier
>>
>>2086275
an american staffordshire terrier is literally what a pit bull is.

if your dog doesn't have valid papers (which it doesn't, because you got it at six weeks old, and no valid breeder would have sold you a six week old puppy) it is a pit bull.

congrats on your pit bull.

whining is normal. it is a baby. do not let it sleep in the bed with you or the dog will need to be right next to you forever or develop separation anxiety.
>>
>>2086288
>the stupidest person on /an/

Can you tripfag please so we know who you are from now on
>>
>>2086275
Pit bull refers to a broad variety of dogs, which includes Staffys. If you don't have papers for that dog, I would not be surprised if it wasn't a pure staffy. Staffordshire terrier, American pit bull terrier, and Staffordshire bull terrier are, by law, all pit bulls. SSo your dog wouldn't be able to live in Colorado.

However, since pit bull is a broad term mainly describing a short hair dog with a blocky head, your dog would without a doubt be refused in no pit apartments and the like. So, you basically do have a pit bull
>>
>>2086112
My puppers has an umbilical hernia, I'm guessing that's what yours has? As she's getting older, it seams to be going away. It doesn't seem to affect her. Also when you get the dog fixed you can get the hernia fixed for like an extra 50$ depending on the severity. Just be careful with how you carry her. My dog would squeel if I picked her up wrong because it hurt the hernia I think
>>
>>2086190
Watch how a mother dog disciplines their pups.
They will never bite or knock it, they will just pin them and as you mentioned dogs will pin in dominance fights.
Dogs instinctively recognise what it means.

If I'm teaching someone to control their dog I first show them how to pin the dog.
You NEVER harm or choke the dog, all you are doing is holding it down and keeping your hand on their neck.
It's very easy to gauge if the dog is dominant by testing this - a submissive and well trained dog will lay on its side and not raise its head, even if your hand is just hovering above its neck.
I have had to train dogs that fought for nearly half an hour, because their owners had ingrained in them a sense of dominance - but all I had to do was cover the dog with my body (not laying on it, just preventing it from flipping out) and keep my hand on its neck - the first time is always very hard with an untrained dog, but if done right it will be much quicker every time.

But saying this, this is really the only form of negative reinforcement that is okay, because it doesn't hurt the dog and the dog understands what it is.
Positive reinforcement is always better (watching people try and toilet train a dog by shouting at it is always terrible).
>>
>>2086190
I don't know about that anon, but I only pin when my dog growls and takes a nip at me, like if I'm taking something from her mouth. She's never done damage, but it's still aggressive, and I responded by pinning her. She's only tried to nip me twice, whereas she's nipped family members much more (she loves to sneak contraband into the house from the yard)
>>
>>2086335
She's resource guarding, YouTube it. Pinning is the last thing you want to do with resource guarders because it teaches them that you will TAKE. You don't really want that if you want a trusting relationship with your dog, you want them to feel like giving something up to you is a GOOD THING, and to learn sharing. You coming over to get a toy or whatever from them should never be bad, they should -want- to give you it, or at the very least they need some kind of drop it command.

You can pin your dog if you like, and I'm not saying you're a bad owner so please don't misread my comment, I'm just trying to let you know that there is a better way for that that will also help you build a stronger bond with your dog and turn a 'I have to do this' into a 'I want to and should do this' situation.
>>
>>2086295
please tell me what part of my comment was in accurate
>>
>>2086335
this is a terrible way to combat resource guarding

you're just fucking up her behavioral ladder. she isn't being taught that her guarding behavior isn't needed, she's just not showing the lower level signs of distress and will jump straight to a more severe bite if you push her buttons enough. this is a big factor for dogs that "just snap and attack" out of "nowhere"
>>
>>2086181
You realize he's never had any schooling or professional training right? I mean some things you can learn at home like basic repair and shit , but I wouldn't let someone whose 'self taught' mess with a dogs psychology. There's trained professionals who have gone to school and know their shit for that, and couple that with the fact that dominence theory is a bunch of bullshit that's been proven false, unreliable, and dangerous over and over again, there's no point in using it. It's JUST a worse way to do it.

We bred dogs to read our body language and to work with US, there's no reason not to take advantage of that. The dog WANTS to learn, it wants you to teach it something, there's no reason you should have to force it to do anything, it's a work animal for christs sakes. If you have to force it to nit do something then you need to hit the books and figure out why your dog doesn't understand what you want it to do.

I mean, I hate to say it, but you could teach a kid in the same manner-with dominence and fear and 'you have to listen to me because I said so!', but all it does is weaken your relationship with the kid and eventually, unlike the dog, the kid will realize that it has rights and can walk away from the relationship.
>>
>>2086112
>>2086118
Feel so sorry for you and the pup, there's nothing you can do with retarded parents sometimes... I really don't understand clipped ears, you're either saying you're a douchbag wannabe tough guy or you intend to use your dog to fight.
>>
>>2086428
I never said everything he did was right or that he had a full understanding of dog psychology, just that a few of the basic things he does are solid, so long as they're done right.
>>
>>2086439
But your debating that pinning is a good technique, and everyone is trying to warn you that it's NOT. It's a dominence thing, and dogs are only dominent to the point that a child might be. The type of dominence you're thinking of has been mis-proven countless times and that's what we are trying to tell you man.

The only good things Ceaser really teaches is excersising your dog and not letting them get obese, which should be common fucking sense.

Pinning is not effective over a long period, and though it might work in your one case, 90% of the time it doesn't and causes dogs to snap because they've learned that they can't speak up and TELL YOU that they don't like what's going on. Yes, dogs growl and bare teeth a bit, but humans do the same basic thing when we are telling someone to knock it off. Its a warning and shouldn't be repressed, but dealt with the main issue of it.

Your dog is resource guarding, do you know why? Because she feels like her food or toy is going to be stolen from her. It's your job as the owner to show her that she can learn to share and trust, and that if you take her toy away, that doesn't mean she'll never get it back. You are doing it wrong, and we are trying to warn you so you don't cause more issues and get a dog that bites. The fact that she's even bitten more than once speaks volumes and you need to man the fuck up and realize that you are making a mistake and deal with it.
>>
>>2086112

I raised a puppy from 5 weeks (the mother died). This dog is incredibly stubborn and independent, and it took us a full 10 months before she stopped nipping at our hands.

Otherwise, she's awesome. She's asleep on the floor in front of me. Nothing wrong with her healthwise. She was much, much harder to raise for those first 8 months than the dog we got at 8 weeks, but not broken by any means. Do your best. Keep reading. Obedience training if necessary (especially with a stubborn dog). It'll be fine.
>>
>>2086428
>but you could teach a kid
cesar is usually, at least every episode i have seen so far, working with adult dogs that have been fucked up already and is trying to resocialize them. you're really missing the point with your arguments because you assume he is working with puppies or young adults that are eager to learn stuff.
>>
>>2086452
https://m.youtube.com/?app=m&persist_app=1#/watch?v=U-VY_H_TG_Y

https://m.youtube.com/?app=m&persist_app=1#/watch?list=PLMssKIjsDxXmMGypWsr8u-yGOUSoPoozb&v=33mLzcOU5wM

Don't know why you assume that just because a dog is older it can't learn.

Also, here's another one from a completely different group that uses absolutely no dominence training.

https://m.youtube.com/?app=m&persist_app=1#/watch?v=mDaMdkrDXKE

There's also kikopup on YouTube, and Ian Dunbars books (one of the leading dog psychologist researchers), who don't use dominence. It's not needed.
>>
>>2086455
yeah, i don't really know why you are showing me this. other stuff working doesn't really disprove cesars stuff and it doesn't prove cesars stuff to be harmful. i honestly doubt that you even know much about his stuff because there is lots of bias against him. even lies like him hitting dogs. the bias seems to come from people who just hear "dominance" and then assume. i know it sounds like it but i'm not shilling for him. you simply haven't made a good point yet or proven that you know more about his theory's than the word "dominance".
>Don't know why you assume that just because a dog is older it can't learn.
how bad is your reading comprehension really? i never even hinted at this.
>>
>>2086457
Watch that second video, all of it, then we can keep debating this if you want. I will say though that I tried doing Ceasers way for years with my first dog-watched every episode, bought books, looked up stuff, and it did work to a point. Then I volunteered at a humane society and saw a few people training dogs and was interested because her dog that she brought in was much different than any dog I had seen before. It looked at her, met her eye to eye, was happy and wanted to learn and take instruction, and it was polite around the other dogs. After that I started researching other trainers and other methods and started to learn how wrong Ceaser is. So no, I'm not just being biased against him and I'm not just argueing for the sake of argueing here.

Just, really, watch that second video. Give me the benefit of the doubt for a few minutes, and if you still think I'm completely wrong after watching it, then fine. I'll quit debating with you.
>>
>>2086465
i did watch it and it does make sense. the only problem i have with it is the rather broad term of "force". the force seems to be his problem with the practical use of the dominance theory. he is giving shock collars and hitting with a leash as examples and i remember, maybe wrongly, that cesar distants himself from any force besides a "poking" with his hands. but i haven't read into cesars stuff nearly as much as you seem to have.
btw i never tried to give off the impression that other theories can't be better but i still do not see cesars stuff as harmful.
>>
>>2086485
Well thank you for at least watching it, most people wouldn't and would just run circles around it with me. And while I agree that -some- of what Ceaser does isn't wrong per-say, its also not that effective and he has been known for harming dog both physically and mentally. His 'flooding technique for example is basically a scare tactic to make the dog stand down, and doesn't get down to the route of the issue of why the dog was behaving badly in the first place.

I mean, we all have gotten so enraged before that there is no talking us down until we calm down ourselves or find an outlet for the anger. With dogs it's very similar, so it's more important to stop them before they even get to that point and then teach them right then and there what you want to see them do.

Ceaser doesn't do that, he lets the dog get to such a high point of agitation that when he has to calm them down by pinning or flooding, it looks effective, but in reality it isn't solving the main issue.
>>
>>2086492
i have a different impression of him to be honest. next time i will watch it i'll pay more attention. it always seemed to me that he wanted to expose the dog slowly and controlled to a fear or something similar so he wouldn't "get to such a high point of agitation". to be fair he often works with complete nutjobs/dogs with a very bad history so always preventing that point of agitation isn't possible in my eyes. maybe he does a little for show but i honestly don't hope so.
and my problem with your arguments are still that you compare completely different kinds of dogs to the dogs he trains. that Zak guy you introduced to me doesn't seem to be working with nearly as difficult dogs. at least that's my impression.
i absolutely agree with you that the average dog should be trained with positive reinforcement and that ceasars techniques are way overboard for them but he isn't working the average kind of dog.
also have i been misspelling his name all this time? i'm embarrassed.
>>
>>2086502
Alright, you are right he is working with a different degree of dog, but I feel like that's even more important to not use the dominence theory in that case -because- the dogs are already at that level. Instead of trying to start over with the dog, I really feel like he's just breaking them in a way. And maybe it works sometimes, but usually he has to continue the method with the dog (kind of what zak was talking about with ghe prong collar and the dog not actually learning a different way), and sometimes this results in nothing really being done about the dogs behavior after he leaves.

I guess what's more harmful is not him himself, but the tv show and the spread of the information because when people try to do it at home, they often mess things up, or use it as an excuse to feel power over something (a human trait that's pretty bad often times), or they try to. preemptively strike before a behavior starts, and often times this can make a bad behavior where there wasn't one before. I made that huge mistake with my first dog and made him food aggresive and a resource guarder when he started off fine as a puppy and showed no signs of it till I started messing with him.
>>
>>2086512
>Alright, you are right he is working with a different degree of dog, but I feel like that's even more important to not use the dominence theory in that case -because- the dogs are already at that level. Instead of trying to start over with the dog, I really feel like he's just breaking them in a way
i don't know that so i can't really say anything to that. in my opinion to say anything worthwile about it i'd need a degree of knowledge i feel we be both don't have and i certainly will never have.

i absolutely agree with the rest of your post. he doesn't work for long with the owners during an episode and i don't think he can teach them nearly enough and/or they start to slack off soon after he leaves. people misunderstanding and trying it at home is how i feel the heavy bias started because jerks do use him as an excuse to hit their dogs as an example.
i hope everything turned out alright for you and your puppy?
as a last (unnecessary) note: it is cesar not ceasar and he is since recently under investigation for animal cruelty. a dog of his has bitten a pig in its ear (blood surfaced i read) during a show and authorities seem to want to make sure if the pig has been treated correctly afterwards.
>>
>>2086516
i meant i agree with the second half of your post. i don't know enough to compare the effectiveness of different techniques on difficult dogs and i perceive cesar as a competent dog trainer though i will pay more attention in the future.
>>
>>2086516
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Dog-Whisperer-Cesar-Millan-Under-Investigation-For-Possible-Animal-Cruelty-371755152.html
correction: a dog he rehabilitated nipped a pig in its ear during the process.
>>
>>2086520
>>2086516
I don't know what's going on with the pig business, but I agree with you to a point. I guess I just don't like him because of some of his methods that I've seen do some serious harm to dogs, but he's human and thinks he's doing good. I hope that in the future he'll stop using the flooding technique or the choking (don't know what he calls it, but he has done that).

I have a dog now that I have a much better relationship with, but one that if I had tried his way on would have turned into a mess. She was just very timid, shy, and fearful as a pup but I've been able to encourage her and now she's turned out to be a very well rounded dog.
>>
>>2086334
I was not talking dominance fights. I was talking game fights. Which are trained, And not a primal instinct.

I've seen different pups and moms many times, and I've never seen it happen. In fact the only time I hear about it is trained dog fighting and in wolves, but it's an extremely aggressive stance in wolves where the end goal is usually one wolf dying. Hence why I'm very skeptical of the method.
>>
>>2086449
That's something that needed to be mentioned; pups taken young have a bad bite inhibition. In other words, your dog won't understand how hard it's biting and will just go ham at it with every play nibble, and they will bite often because they don't know better. Get on top of that ASAP because it can get dangerous.

Also cropping that breed's ears is more likely to cause chronic ear infections, which can be expensive and painful. I wish I could take pictures at my job of the awful fucking ears I see
>>
>>2086546
OP here.been intentionally letting my puppy bite my fingers then saying OW when she does then I stop playing with her for a few minutes.
>>
>>2086553

5-week-old-dog guy here. Be patient. You will not correct that biting behavior quickly. It's not like a "normal dog" and guides on the internet don't apply in the sense that there will be no immediate change. The dog will have to grow out of it with your help. Months and months and months. Don't strangle the shit for not knocking it off fast enough. It's so deeply ingrained that it takes a long time work out.

The worst part of it is it makes it really unpleasant to spend time with the dog when all they do is nip. We weren't able to bond properly with our girl until after 8 months.
>>
>>2086573
Thanks for the tips. Don't think it will be 8 months to bond since she seems to be a pretty well tempered pup. Only really bites when she is in play mode. Sleeps 30 min, gets up to use the bathroom, plays for 10-15 min, repeat.
>>
>>2086425

refer to >>2086300
>>
FUCK OFF AUSTIN
>>
Slippery Hand Mammals
>>
>>2086599
I didn't say anything that contradicted them

and just because the general population is too incompetent to understand the difference doesn't mean you should use them interchangeably
>>
>>2086300
>your dog wouldn't be able to live in Colorado.
Denver is the only part of Colorado where they aren't allowed, and Denver is one tiny city in the greater Denver area.

Most of Colorado is fine with pit bulls.
>>
>>2086648
aurora too. and castle rock. and lone tree. and commerce city. and la junta. and louisville.

>most of colorado
most of the poor parts of colorado*
>>
>>2086695
>most of the poor parts of colorado*
lol
true.
most of the rich parts as well.
Telluride, Aspen, Vail, Summit, Boulder.

Denver area IS the poor part of CO.
>>
>>2086630
pit bull refers to both a breed and is an umbrella term to describe dogs of other breeds/dogs that match a certain look.

it's not really incompetence, it's a common name for a type of dog. governments have gone as far as setting laws against dogs that fall under that common name.

not sure why you're getting so worked up over it. complaining isn't going to change anything. best case scenario the common name is changed to something else but that seems like it'd be more work and adds to the confusion rather than clarify anything
>>
>>2086697
TFW pitbulls are discriminated against
Is there any research to suggest they are dangerous? I mean, sure, they do attack people but they're also a popular breed for dickheads
>>
OP, if this is your first dog, please do a quick google search on what human foods are toxic to dogs. A few that are really good for us are straight toxic to dogs bodies. Googling it before you give him any scraps from the table will help you a lot, and if you don't want to build bad habits I suggest always putting scraps in his bowel, using them to teach a trick, and having a good 'go lay down' command.

You don't have to feed JUST kibble because there are foods that are really good for dogs to, but I suggest you use them as supplements to your dogs diet, lest you accidentally mess up and leave out some nutrients from his diet.

You can always ask your vet for a guideline too.
>>
>>2086877
Oh, and certain chewing gums have xylitol which I believe is toxic as well. So just make sure you pick anything up off the floor that he/she could eat.
>>
>>2086594
She will become more playful as she ages. She's like an infant right now, infants aren't very playful. Wait till she's 5 months and bounding with energy
>>
>>2086630
The law uses the term interchangeably. So it's a little difficult, and it's a huge money wrench for APBT advocates who keep trying to shill APBT as the only pit bull, which ends up making APBT breed alone look like they are responsible for most bites, mauling and deaths.
>>
>>2086878
This goes for PB too. It is becoming more aND more common ingredient in peanut butter, so be super careful and read what you are giving your dog.
>>
>>2086877
Vets generally do not give advice about raw feeding because it's a liability. The amount of people that make their dog sick or kill them over raw feeding is a astounding. Not that it's bad, but it needs to be done right
>>
>>2086884
Yeah, My 4 year old dog always gets a jar of PB while we're sleeping and tears through it. Bitch eats too much
>>
>>2086884
Why are they putting it in fucking peanut butter? That shit can already last a year on it's own, why do they need more ingredients in it?
>>
>>2086848
a very quick wikipediaing tells me that pit bulls have allegedly been the cause of 62% of dog attacks in the us and account for 256 human deaths between 2000-2009

not sure about the legitimacy but i cant look into it further at the moment
>>
>>2087218
lord is your reading comprehension bad.

they're listed as responsible for 62% of fatalities, not attacks.

the 256 human deaths was a different study of all breeds, the point was that out of those 256 breed (of any type) could only be determined in 17.6% of cases. It doesn't say anything about WHICH breeds caused those deaths. Only that over 80% of the deaths were caused by mutts.
>>
>>2087225
i was busy at the moment no need to get on your high horse

basically pit bulls are dangerous inbred monsters who should be neutered and spayed until they go extinct
>>
>>2086878
Yep, when I was a kid. My dog ate gum and had to get surgery because she ate a lot
>>
>>2086449
>10 months before she stopped nipping
You must be a terrible owner
>>
>>2088017
That's normal
>>
>>2086300
I don't get this. To me pit bull or bulldog was always short for APBTs not Staffy bulls or AmStaffs.
>>
>>2086334
How do you positively train a dog not to attack? It seems like pinning is used in most dire circumstance where you wouldn't have time to positivity reinforce it. Nor would it listen as its behavior has lead to you having to pin it.

Just curious, not having a dig.
>>
>>2089035
In most dog circles, That's the correct way.
Staffs aren't Pits to people
>>
>>2086118
Its not necessary at all. I run hunting dogs which are all unclipped and theyve never had any problem with ears getting in the way or getting pulled
>>
>>2086112
headbutt the puppy and throw it down a flight of stairs
>>
>>2093514
this, gotta teach them who's boss at a young age
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.