[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /an/. I do regular outdoor service work in a certain area
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 7983713871_406bb48b30_c.jpg (221 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
7983713871_406bb48b30_c.jpg
221 KB, 800x534
Hi /an/. I do regular outdoor service work in a certain area and as such have gotten to know a lot of the neighborhood's people and pets over the years. One cat in particular is super friendly and loving to me and always comes trotting excitedly over to me if she's outside when my car pulls up.

I've seen her a few times now since the snow melted and she seems to be in pain. She was always vocal but now she really yowls, especially when she scratches at her ears - which she does a lot. One day I noticed she'd scratched one until it bled inside. I mentioned it to the owner and said she might have mites, and he kind of blew it off with a "she's getting really old" (she's probably 10ish) and said he'd have to get her a flea collar (he's said this many times over the years but never actually does it). He's a friendly guy but is dim-witted and poor, probably never taken any of his 4 animals to the vet. It's been about a month since we spoke and she hasn't improved.

Is there anything I can do to help this poor creature myself? I've tried to get a look in her ears at what's wrong, but she doesn't let me touch them for long and it's difficult to see anything since she's all black. They feel kind of dry and scaly inside. Is there a way for a layperson to distinguish between mites and infections?
>>
Play to his guilt anon. Show him the cat is scratching till it's bleeding and it just ain't right. Infact it's animal abuse and you can get him in trouble with the authorities if he doesn't fix it.
>>
Go steal yourself a cat, Anon.
>>
Ask the guy if you can take the cat to the vet or if you can have the cat in general. Also, you could just get some ear mite meds over the counter at a pet store
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.