[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright so, I have an 11 year old pug, I love her to death but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: trump.jpg (47 KB, 635x803) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
47 KB, 635x803
Alright so, I have an 11 year old pug, I love her to death but she just will not stop shitting and pissing on the floor. She won't walk on the roads, she won't walk on the snow, she won't walk if the ground is slightly wet. Then when she gets inside she starts pissing or shitting and WALKS while she does it, so I have to clean up more. Any ideas on what to do?

>inb4 take her out frequently

she was outside for 2 fucking hours, and did it right away when she got inside. I'm at my wits end with this fucking dog.
>>
>>2085873
leave her outside until she does her business. Then let her in.

2 hours is nothing. Leave her out for whatever it takes. 12 hours, 48 hours, whatever. It's up to her.
>>
>>2085875
>It's up to her
Not when she's not the one cleaning the shit up
>>
>>2085873
matchstick and bum
although training a pug is somewhat difficult given that they have been bred to be retarded
>>
>>2085873
Look up Zak George crate training. You'll also have to use a cleaner that will eliminate the ammonia in the carpet otherwise she'll smell it and go their again.

Dogs don't like going in their area, so you'll have to re-teach her that the house is her area. As for walking outside, take treats with you. Put a harness on her and coax her over the areas that she doesn't want to walk with treats. Start off giving her treats to get her motivated, then over a few days or weeks slowly decrease the amount of treats you give and only give her treats if she walks over the area she doesn't like.
>>
>>2085873

Congrats. You have successfully trained the dog to pee inside.
>>
>>2085873
>Any ideas on what to do?

You know what to do. And for fuck's sake, next time don't buy some inviable mutant dog.
>>
>Pug
There's your problem. try getting a dog that can control at least half of its bodily functions next time.

You just sit there and watch her piss and shit on the floor? You actually need to interrupt it when it happens. Try yelling "NO" or clapping or some shit to get her attention. Pick her up and take her outside; don't wait for her to stop. Verbally praise her while she's pissing or shitting in the desired area. Treat her after she's done. But don't let her just comfortably piss and shit in your house. Interrupt it while it happens with a very stern, angry tone. Never beat her, rub her nose in it, ect, especially AFTER she's done.
Sounds like she was never properly potty trained as a puppy or socialized to a variety of surfaces, which isn't very surprising from a pug owner. You have to understand what options you're giving her. Her options are:
>shit inside in a warm, dry, familiar place
>shit outside in the cold, rain, heat, and surfaces I am uncomfortable standing on
It's an easy choice for any animal. She has no absolutely reason to shit outside. You need to give her some. You can also circle back to what should've happened during puppyhood and crate train her, but it'll be hard considering she can hold it for a LOT longer than a puppy.
>>
>>2085873

Has she always had this problem? If this is new, you should see a vet.
>>
>>2085923
>It's an easy choice for any animal. She has no absolutely reason to shit outside

it isn't a "choice" whatsoever-- dogs naturally do not want to shit anywhere near their home because shit draws predators.

pugs have been literally bred into retardation, so normal instincts don't apply. i'm surprised more of them don't suffocate on their own tongues.
>>
Have you tried beating your dog?
>>
>>2085955
She has absolutely no reason to brave things that she's uncomfortable/unfamiliar with and scared of for the sake of shitting is what I meant. It's entirely a choice regardless. Some dogs prefer to shit outside and far away naturally, some dogs don't give a shit. Instinct goes out the window when we've taken genetics into our own hands. It also matters how they're raised.
Plenty of them do pass out from lack of oxygen regularly or require emergency surgery to prevent them from suffocating to death. I'm also sure at least a handful have been allowed to die because they can't fucking breathe right. That's why I don't have much sympathy for OP and their shit torture-bred dog unless it was a rescue.
>>
>>2085976
>Instinct goes out the window when we've taken genetics into our own hands

No, it does not, whatsoever. No non-retarded dog will ever choose to shit inside if it can shit outside. Instinct was not bred out of dogs, it's absurd to suggest so-- the time period in which dogs adapted to be symbionts of humans was one in which dogs followed human hunter-gatherers, not when dogs lived in apartments.

Not shitting where you sleep is hard-wired *mammal* behavior, let alone dogs. It's extremely low level.

OP, euthanize the dog. It's not worth the hassle. If you get another dog, please get a real dog to atone for your sin of encouraging the existence of a mutant retardhound.
>>
>>2085986
It's REALLY, REEEAALY obvious that you've never raised or owned a dog before. Dogs don't just 'instinctually go outside', they just squat and go wherever they feel comfortable. It's called housebreaking and why you must teach a puppy that the house, The WHOLE house, is its 'area'. Otherwise it's very tempting for them to just go on the carpet where it's soft and warm, or under a chair that's covered so they feel safe. If this is never corrected, then they won't stop doing it because they have no reason NOT to go in the house. It doesn't mean they wouldn't go outside too.
>>
>>2086005
of course I raise and own dogs. needing to housebreak a young dog doesn't mean instinct was completely bred out of dogs.

a young dog is a _YOUNG_ dog. you are teaching them to go away from their sleeping place to shit the same way their mother would teach them.

Saying shit like "instinct doesn't exist anymore because dogs are domesticated" makes you out to be a joke with 0 understanding of biology or evolution.
>>
>>2085878
How do you plan on forcing the poop from her then?
>>
>>2086006
Dude, you just proved my point anyway. You become the parent when you take a pup from it's mother; the dog isn't retarded because it hasn't learned to 'instinctually' go outside, it just hasn't learned because it hasn't been taught by something or someone.
>>
>>2086006
AND, you proved your own point wrong by saying that young dogs must be taught, which means it ISN'T JUST instinctual.

Fuck man, are you just argueing for the sake of argueing? Are you that easy to anger and haven't learned anything better in life? Go get laid or something, jesus. Your fucking insecurities are showing.
>>
>pug
>>
put it out of its misery
>>
it's only going downhill from here op, pugs die miserable deaths and the older they get the worse it gets
>>
>>2086011
>>2086006
You're both fucking retarded desu.

Instincts and learned behaviors are two completely different things.

In this case instincts have nothing to do with the situation at hand.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.