[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Grizzly_Gorilla.jpg (190 KB, 1314x849) Image search: [Google]
Grizzly_Gorilla.jpg
190 KB, 1314x849
Who would win?
>>
this is science bitches.
>>
>>2085347
would you people stop with these shitty threads?
a fully grown grizzly bear weighs more than twice that of even the biggest silverback, is more heavily armed, and outclasses the gorilla in nearly every department but brains

A gorillas brains would serve to avoid the fight in the first place, grunting, throwing rocks and sticks, standing to look bigger, etc, anything it can do to discourage the grizzlys attack. Once they come to blows, the gorilla has already lost.

An american black bear would be a much better match in size, weight, and temperament.
>>
>>2085368
>heavily armed
>right to bear arms
>>
>>2085370
10 fucking 10
>>
>>2085347
You're talking about an 800 pound animal with sharp claws, sharp teeth, and jaws adept for ripping flesh and limbs from a body, versus a 400 pound animal that predominantly eats plants and uses its muscles mostly as a deterrent. Don't be retarded, anon.
>>
grodd wins...

he always wins....
>>
>>2085347
.500 Nitro Express
>>
k

would you rather be attacked by a gorilla or a grizzly bear?

at least with a gorilla, you could possibly get on your tip toes, spread your arms out wide and fake the dumb ass monkey out. gorillas don't fight like people do. they're retarded. they just grapple and do a bunch of dumb territory shit. so even if it didn't fall for your scare tactic, you'd at least have some sort of chance if you had a sharp stick or something.

a grizzly bear will literally run up to you at 30mph, deglove your fucking face in one swipe, and not give a single shit about your gay ass excuse for a scare tactic, then eat you alive. would not care at all.
>>
>>2085347
Basically gorilla has better power and atradegy
>>
>>2085368
What the fuck good is it to be a Gorilla If you can't even wrasssle a bear? All that retard strength is basically worthless.
>>
they wouldn't fight cause they respect eachother
>>
>>2086298
And respect makes the world go 'round.
>>
I've been doing a few months of karate now, and I think I could take either one down with a swift, precise chop to the neck
>>
File: cgy-gorilla-knife.jpg (119 KB, 620x406) Image search: [Google]
cgy-gorilla-knife.jpg
119 KB, 620x406
What if the gorilla has a knife?
>>
>>2086347
Give him your wallet and then call the police and in the future avoid bad neighborhoods
>>
>>2086355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkOASLesZ4
>>
>>2085347
gorilla
>>
>>2085914
A gorilla's bite force is about twice as powerful as a grizzly bear's
>>
>>2086279
Wrestling dinosaurs
>>
>>2086499
So? A mantis shrimp punches harder than a human, who do you think would win in a fight?
>>
>>2086517
That's not an apt comparison, and I think you're aware of that.
>>
File: lionsvssun.jpg (29 KB, 599x383) Image search: [Google]
lionsvssun.jpg
29 KB, 599x383
that's not even a fair fight
here's a real battle
>>
>>2085347
Hulk Hogan.
>>
>>2086521
True, but gorilla vs grizzly bear isn't even a remotely fair fight either. Maybe not as unfair as human vs mantis shrimp, but still. The gorilla is getting fucked and anyone suggesting otherwise doesn't know anything about either gorillas, bears, or both of them.

I know it's a fun meme to think gorillas are these crazy invincible beasts.
>>
>>2086524
I'm not debating against that, I only wanted to point out that a gorilla bite is nothing to scoff at.
>>
>>2086517

Mantis Shrimp, simply because I'd be terrified to attack based on reputation alone
>>
>>2086522
The original thread was so fucking funny. It ranks up there with original Dog Pants, Cardstand, and Doughnut Girl.

Also Bear wins. They're Mother Nature's North American Tanks.

What about a Grizzly vs Rhino?
>>
>>2086216
Your best bet against a gorilla is actually to act scared as all fuck. Shouldn't be hard. Bears are what you want to make a lot of noise at. If that fails, either pray to your God, or tip your fedora because that's it for you.
>>
>>2086522
The key question here is does this battle take place somewhere where the lions can breathe and not immediately implode from the pressure
>>
>>2086577
A rhino would completely fuck over a grizzly.
>>
>>2086216
>at least with a gorilla, you could possibly get on your tip toes, spread your arms out wide and fake the dumb ass monkey out.
This is is actually the worst thing to do, and will likely get you killed needlessly.

The well known gorilla charge is actually part of their heavily ritualised fighting behaviour. When a gorilla charges you, it's not a real attack, but rather a challenge.

By sitting down and looking away, you show the gorilla that you're not interested in a brawl, thus turning his challenge down. Any aggressive bady language, on the other hand, like the one you suggested, will be interpreted as you accepting the challenge.

When gorillas fight other gorillas, their equal strength means that there are very few deaths. Any human getting into a fight with a gorilla is fucked.
>>
>>2086522
Just attack at night.
>>
File: kong wrestling a dinosaur.jpg (29 KB, 280x390) Image search: [Google]
kong wrestling a dinosaur.jpg
29 KB, 280x390
>>2086505
Gorillas are friends to the dinosaurs
>>
File: LOOKATHIM.jpg (67 KB, 595x457) Image search: [Google]
LOOKATHIM.jpg
67 KB, 595x457
>>2086668
>pressure
>vacuum
How much kPa of pressure exists in space lad? Oh wait, this might be easier; how many atmospheres are exerting force in space?
>>
>>2086577
grizzly easy

a better matchup would be bear vs batman with prep time vs goku
>>
>>2086577
Got an archive link?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.