[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look at my cute syrian hamster! His name is Snickers and he sleeps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 20160218_194138_resized.jpg (383 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
20160218_194138_resized.jpg
383 KB, 1328x747
Look at my cute syrian hamster! His name is Snickers and he sleeps A LOT. I think he's awake for maybe 1 to 2 hours at night? I know hamsters are nocturnal, but even at night he sleeps a lot. He was born on the 5th of december, so still quite young. His cage is big enough (ferplast jenny) and he has a big running wheel and other hamster toys (mostly carton stuff). He still only uses his running wheel though, and he likes to nibble on his cage bars.

So why does he sleep that much? Is it normal?
>>
Oops, it's a ferplast Mary, not Jenny.
>>
File: 839750479_186272.gif (204 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
839750479_186272.gif
204 KB, 400x225
Pls
>>
Sounds pretty normal for them. Has he been more active before and has only recently started sleeping a lot?
>>
Hypothyroidism.
>>
The petstore I work at gets nothing but super fucking asshole longhaired syrians that bite the instant your had is in the enclosure.
All the other small animals are fine, gerbils, robo dwarfs, winter whites, rats, guinea pigs all chill and dont mind people but fuck the syrians
>>
>>2083162
Not really. I emailed the breeder, maybe she can help me figure out if its normal

>>2083167
Mine has never bitten, but hes from a breeder.
>>
Qt. Does he like to borrow? When I had one she would cover herself in bedding to sleep and you had to look for the patch if carefresh that was moving slightly to find her.
>>
Is it cold where you are?

They will often sleep more if it is cold
>>
so cute! ^o^
>>
>>2083308
Yeah his nest is huge

>>2083341
Nope!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.