[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Identify my brown recluse, please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Found this in my cat's water dish today. I cleaned it extra well after finding it. I put the water out yesterday so this is remarkably fast for the bugs to form.

I'm constantly dealing with bugs in this house and I'll be moving soon. It'd just be nice to add to the list that I've delt with already.

In San Diego.
>>
>>2081727
Those look like some kind of maggot. Is this bowl near the pantry? Could be a type of pantry moth larvae or a fly maggot. Something ain't right.
>>
Looks like regular fly maggots to me - I had some very recently too.
>>
>>2081727
Look like waxworms to me, but that's not a very good picture.
>>
Yeah, I could get a very good photo with the device I had with me at the time. I think next time I'll break out a real camera. I was rushing around for appointments and wanted to take care of this real quick.

It was put right in front of the cupboards that were filled with old food. They're pretty well cleared out but I don't trust anything in the kitchen if I can help it.

They weren't moving but yeah they looked like some kind of maggot. Even though it's the wrong kind of worms, cat got deworming meds today.
>>
>>2081727
definately fly larva.
What species? I don't know..

does your cat have an open wound in it's mouth/around it's head or infected ears?
maybe they dropped off a wound and drowned in the bowl.

but I guess you would have noticed such an injury by now
>>
I'm going to go with flour pantry moth larvae.
>>
>>2082165
flour moth caterpillars don't have these "hacked off asses" and have a much more pronounced head.
>>
File: image.jpg (868 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
868 KB, 3264x2448
>>2082043
Nah, cat isn't injured. I had a vet appointment for him yesterday for his checkup.

Anyways, it fucking happened. Again. I washed the fuck out his water dish and there's more. I'm enraged.

My actual camera's SD card is kill. So I had to use the phone. I took my time this time.
>>
>>2082165
Ugh that could be likely. We fought some of those last year.

I'm letting the larva dry out for a hopefully better picture.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.