[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neutering Yes? No?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 16
File: dogneutering.jpg (69 KB, 299x455) Image search: [Google]
dogneutering.jpg
69 KB, 299x455
>Did you neuter your dog, and why?
Is it the right thing to do, or is it a betrayal of one of your closest companions?

No responses from women please. Not a troll. It's just that I've never meant a woman who was against neutering. I don't think a majority of women can give an unbiased response on the issue. If your girlfriend or wife convinced you to neuter your dog, your opinion is non sequitur.

Thank you in advance.
>>
>>2077903
>betrayal of one of your closest companions
nigga get over yourself. the dog doesn't know that they're gone. he's happier for it. literally. he isn't stressed out by aggression against other males caused by competition for females. he isn't constantly thinking about finding a female so he can get his jollies. he's less stressed and more calm.

dogs don't have the attachment to their balls that you do. if you're not a moron who projects onto his dog, there should be no problem with neutering.
>>
yes. same goes for spaying. reasons should be obvious.
>>
Neutered both the dogs. Female simply because I don't want puppies out of my bog-standard shelter staffie, male dog had one testicle that never descended so that was an easy decision (cancer risk increases significantly), but I'd have done it anyway. We do a lot of walking and running and I let them off-leash in appropriate areas so they can tear around at their own pace and dig and chase toys and shit. I think they're happier doing that than having to stay on leash walking at heel all the time because I don't know if there's another intact dog just out of sight.
>>
I had one of my rats neutered recently as he had become an aggressive beta shitstain, constantly starting shit with the other males, pissing on everything, his skin was orange with "buck grease" and his fur got rough, etc. I don't like to subject animals to unnecessary surgery but he wasn't happy and I didn't want him bullying the younger males or the old patriarch who is crippled with age

he's calmer and happier now, his frustration is gone and his skin cleared up. soon he'll live with the girls and be king of the castle after all. females love to have a neutered male with them, they'll pamper him and pile up in bed with him and he'll be on cloud 9

I agree that some women have an unsettlingly freudian fixation on neutering male pets. sometimes it's worth it for the animal's happiness and well-being, sometimes the owner is too irresponsible to prevent unneeded mating... often it's better to let well enough alone or perform a preventative spay on females to combat cancer and shit

my childhood dog died of tit cancer that spread to her neck, womb, and intestines. wish my folks had spayed her
>>
>>2077905
this
>>
>>2077903
Some of the biggest advocates for keeping dogs intact are women. Just look at Reddit and tumblr.
>>
Do you want to let your dog off-leash with other dogs you don't know too well? Does your dog mark inside the house or excessively? Is your dog aggressive (assuming he has some training/socialization by the time you're making this decision)? Are one of his testicles retained (by ~10 months)? Does he have behavioral issues with other pets in your home?
If any of these are yes, I'd suggest neutering him.
If not, I'd look at the pros and cons. I don't plan on neutering my dog unless I absolutely have to (probably in relation to one of the reasons above).
>>
>>2077934
See that's my issue, I want my dog to go hiking with me and I can't do that on leash. Or if not hiking, at least at a dog park or jogging or biking. I don't think my dog would stand being contained 24/7
>>
>>2077936
If you know there won't be any dogs, or only dogs you know of, it should be fine. I have a husky, so I never let him off-leash unless he's in a fenced-in area anyway.
>>
>>2077940
But you can't be sure that there isn't another person at a park or on a trail. That's the issue here. Sure I can let them go off in my yard or a friend's yard but public areas people don't need invitations
>>
>>2077903
I'm guessing you enjoy your brain disease and let your cats outside
>>
I don't really think neutering should be done until the growth plates have settled in the dog. This is much earlier in small dogs, but can take up to two years in large and giant dogs. The testes (much like the ovaries) are major parts of the dog's endocrine system, and are important for proper physical development. Neutering a dog too early removes testoterone from the male dog's growth -- dogs neutered too early don't develop the same muscle tone, and are more inclined to be taller and have narrower chests.

Dogs with undescended testicles and familial histories of testicular cancer should be neutered. Dogs with particularly unstable temperaments or chronic health conditions should be neutered to absolutely remove them from the gene pool.

Neutered dogs do have higher rates of aggression towards unneutered individuals, and new types of aggression that were not exhibited may appear after neutering. Neutering is not the fix-all for behaviour issues that people claim it to be. Neutering early will not stop a male dog from marking.

That said, both my dogs are neutered. Around here, we are legally obliged to register our dogs with the local council under country-wide Animal Control laws, annually. Registering an unaltered dog is around $120. Registering an altered dog is around $70. I save $50 per dog per year by virtue of them not having balls, and I don't have to worry about them impregnating another dog.

All that being said, I'm a woman.
>>
>>2077903
It makes them happier and expands their lifespan.

How is it a bad thing?
>>
Stop forcing your insecurities on your animals. You sound like a small dick virgin
>>
>>2078036
>expands their lifespan.

The research is conflicted on this.

On one hand, it's likely to reduce chance of prostate problems, but there are studies that showed neutered males had more bone and joint problems.

Testicular cancer prevention is touted as a reason to neuter, but the testicular cancer incidence rate is very, very low to begin with, so it's not much of a benefit.
>>
>>2078074
>How to spot the woman in the thread :^)
>>
>>2078074
>Hurr durrr it's so natural to mutilate male animals because it makes my vajayjay feel powerful

Maybe you shouldn't own male animals..just saying.
>>
>>2078035
Good info, thank you
>>
>>2078115
Nah, I just got married and stopped being a self conscious queer :^) epic maymay face

>>2078117
But I like giving my dog a blowjob without having to swallow
>>
What the fuck does gender have to do with it?
Any dog not intended to be bred should be spayed or neutered, whether it's male or female.
>>
File: 1451817717093.jpg (43 KB, 427x320) Image search: [Google]
1451817717093.jpg
43 KB, 427x320
everyone that doesn't fix their cat/dog actively contributes directly or indirectly to the feral/overpopulation issue.
>>
>>2078123
I bet your vagina is bigger than your wife's stink box.
>>
>>2077903
>no responses from women please

I guess you haven't realized that people spay their female dogs too? They cut their insides and rip out their uterus. I'm a woman. I'm not exactly for it, but I see a need for it. Especially with strays running around. I wish there was a long term contraceptive.

But yeah, fuck you.
>>
>>2077903
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2078035
>is a man
>dresses like a woman so thinks he's a woman
Nice try
>>
>>2077903
>No responses from women please. Not a troll.
Hah.
In all seriousness the only people I've met with an issue over this have been guys with issues over their own masculinity. The dog dosen't care, it hasn't got a clue what they're for or probably that they exist. Hell they'll live happily with entire limbs or half a face missing. That said I don't really care, its your pet. If you want a horny cunt of a dog fucking up your shit out of frustration, go ahead, as long your not letting it father any unwanted pups.
>>
File: 23968814.jpg (79 KB, 380x256) Image search: [Google]
23968814.jpg
79 KB, 380x256
>>2077903
Dogs should absolutely be neutered.
So should most people - especially those who don't have their dogs neutered because of their faggotty-ass bullshit "empathy" with their fucking dog/cat/whatever. Irresponsible mongoloids.
>>
>>2077903
Neuter your filthy animal then yourself. Retards like you are the reason there are dead strays rotting on the sides of roads
>>
>>2078169
This. My dad never wanted to neuter our male dogs but was totally fine with spaying.
>>
>>2078175

This is why OP did not want women replying.
>>
>>2077903
Me and my fiance decided against getting our dog spayed until she was fully grown. It was just our decision because we feel like it aids them in growing. I think other factors should always be taken into consideration as well, like if you have a breed that is prone to cancer, or your dog gets cysts early on, then neutering/spaying should be considered to lower chances of problems popping up later in life.

I'm not for it or against it, but I do think you should research a bit, know your risks and the chances of those risks, and then make a decision on what you think would be best for your dog.
>>
My opinion has nothing to do with "manhood," as I don't think the dog has a concept of it connected to his genitals or lack thereof.

That said, I think it's sometimes the right choice, sometimes not.

Given what I've read, neutering a male dog offers fewer health benefits and more health risks than does spaying a female dog.

The biggest benefit is eliminating the risk of testicular cancer, which is really only a thing later in life.

So if you're a responsible dog owner who can train your dog and prevent unwanted pregnancy from happening, leaving your male dog intact (until later in life when the risk of testicular cancer goes up,) may be the right choice.
>>
>>2078201
Because women don't anthropomorphize animals? That doesn't seem accurate.

OP is the only faggot that thinks a dog gives a shit about it's manliness
>>
>>2078169
I know of a man who threw a tantrum when his roommate tried to take her cat to get neutered. He was clutching him and screaming "IT'S JUST PENIS ENVY!!" over and over again and had to have the cat wrestled away from him. It was even his cat, he was just THAT emotionally invested in its testicles.
>>
File: inigo.jpg (78 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
inigo.jpg
78 KB, 625x625
>>2077903
>your opinion is non sequitur
>no sequitur
>>
File: are you fucking retarded.jpg (181 KB, 498x1041) Image search: [Google]
are you fucking retarded.jpg
181 KB, 498x1041
>>2078201
a) I'm not a woman by any stretch of the imagination.
b) OP is a simpering retard who only wants validation of what he's already decided.
c) kill yourself
>>
>>2078212
Women 96% of the time fuck there dogs
>>
>>2078238
Okay bitch. I'm guessing you're on your period? Awwww
>>
>>2077940
Are huskies really that bad? I have a cattle dog that's not even a year and she is fine off leash. She will chase after birds off leash in parks and ovals, but she always comes sprinting back with her stupid cattle dog grin. What would a huskies do? Do they just play that annoying 'move away when you get closer' game?
>>
File: pol IRL.gif (2 MB, 193x240) Image search: [Google]
pol IRL.gif
2 MB, 193x240
>>2078241
>I've never meant a woman who was against neutering
>96% of women fuck there dog

10/10 logic.
>>
>>2077903
Wait, so a guys opinion is unbiased? If anything, they'd be more biased. Should women feel guilty for spaying a bitch?
>but she'll never experience motherhood!
>she'll never get to feel hard dog dick in her tiny puppy bagina!

If you want your dog's balls jangling about and him leaving you creamy presents when he's home alone and bored then don't neuter it. If you're doing it because you think he cares about his balls then you're basically playing a game of pretend with your pupper where you think he's peoples. Maybe you're too obsessed with your own balls? Maybe you are so obsessed with balls that you feel ownership of your dog's balls? Cat stand to see em go.

Either way who gives a fuck. As long as you have a high fence and actually know how to train a dog well, and don't fuck it up, and don't lick your dog's balls for your own sick pleasure, no one gives a fuck. Don't you ever dare walk it off leash though, you filthy animal.
>>
>>2078241
Men 100% of the time love to suck and lick intact dogs balls. They like to roll em around on their tongue while getting a nose full of doggy asshole. Haven't you seen the studies? It's just a little male bonding!
>>
File: kekekekek.png (194 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
kekekekek.png
194 KB, 400x300
>>2078260
keksicles
>>
>>2078207
Its more to curb the behavioural issues caused by having an intact male dog and not allowing it to fuck something. And also making sure that it dosen't get anything pregnant if it gets loose, which its more likely to try to do if its intact.
>>
>>2078229
Penis envy? It dosent mean cutting the poor animals dick off. Cats have tiny pathetic little balls anyway, they're barely noticable unless you're really looking for them. Besides, I don't think he'd be such a fan of them once the cat matured and started spraying urine up the walls.
>>
i used to jerk my dog off before i got him neutered so he would be a decent pet

my point is if you're not going to neuter your dog at least have the decency to help him get off
>>
>>2078081
So are hormone related bone and joint problems if you don't fix the animal as a puppy
>>
>>2078245
Huskies would chase those birds to another state and ignore every sound that isn't coming out of the birds.

Basically, when a husky gets on something, you need to physically remove them from the situation. Herding dogs had to be off leash to herd animals and listen closely to the owner's cues to understand where the herded animals are going. Huskies are mostly tied to a sled and run, respond to physical direction and verbal direction like a horse would, and at overnights, they are generally tied down somewhere. So as far as being off leash goes, they are very different in terms of what they were bred to do
>>
>>2078274
You must have never seen an intact cat before. They can have proportionally silly large balls.

Also you act like cats can't be trained and conditioned. How do you think people breed purebred cats? Just make the male cats live outside?
>>
>>2078291
>i used to jerk my dog off before i got him neutered so he would be a decent pet
wow. just... wow. did you present your ass to him instead of treats too?
>>
>>2077936
Why can't you hike on leash?
>>
>>2078154
Way to be dramatic. I'm a woman and Ive seen both surgeries. There is no ripping of anything. The neutering of female animals is more involved because you need to open the abdomen but I have never witnessed any ripping.
>>
>>2078136
>having an unaltered animal contributes to the overpopulation problem
>even if they never impregnate anything

sounds like some Jesus-tier bullshit, anon
>>
>>2077903
your dog can live two ways

1) in a constant state of sexual frustration for the rest of his/her life

2) getting fixed and rarely ever feeling the need.
>>
why the fuck does this thread have 55 replies

spay/neuter your pets
the animal doesn't give a shit
it has benefits for you, the pet, and for everyone else
The End
>>
>>2078245
They can be. They still have that gotta go fast mentality and most still have a decent prey drive. They will chase and kill small animals if allowed.
>>
>>2078159
>le /pol/ boogeyman meme
>>
File: y tho.jpg (10 KB, 221x225) Image search: [Google]
y tho.jpg
10 KB, 221x225
>>2078338
>why the fuck does this thread have 55 replies

Because overly-sentimental retards.

The kind of people that call themselves "mummy" or "daddy" in connection with a motherfucking CAT or DOG!!!

>infinite_facepalms.jpg
>>
>>2077915
>i neutered
>my female dog

Savage X6
>>
>>2078312
>You must have never seen an intact cat before. They can have proportionally silly large balls.

Well, to be fair, its not something I generally look into. Also thankfully most of the male cats I've known have been fixed.

>Also you act like cats can't be trained and conditioned.

Not impossible no, but for your avarage pet owner, its better to just snip off its balls and prevent those behaviours in the first place.

>How do you think people breed purebred cats?

I have no idea, I'm not a cat breeder. I guess they must cat proof their homes somehow. Again its not really relevent to some house pet that dosen't need its balls anyway.
>>
>>2077903
>>Did you neuter your dog, and why?

Yes, I have spayed, and neutered every single one of my animals. Dog or cat. My indoor cats were even spayed and neutered.

My dog that I have now was neutered at about 15months (that's when I like to neuter as a personal choice, I do believe the information and studies of hormones and bone growth). I did it because I've seen first hand too many dogs wander and be killed whilst looking for a bitch, it DOES in fact make them calmer, you're cutting the risk to just contribute to the pet population with unwanted puppies of unknown origin (assuming dog runs off, fucks unknown bitch, neither me nor the bitches owners know the genetic material of each others dog) >inb4 get a fence this is real life. Despite fences, dogs that want to fuck can and will get out. , you're lowering their chance to certain disease, completely irradiating testicular or uterine cancer. They just become much calmer dogs, and all around better pets. I have met completely calm intact animals, but they also go through heat cycles. It's disgusting to have dog blood all about your house, or have all your pillows and legs humped on the daily. I opted to not deal or want any of that and neutered. I prefer my dog neutered. He is a high energy breed and it helped calm him down.
>>
>>2078160
I bleed out of my uterus on a 21 day cycle. I am a woman.
>>
Sure. If you're going to enslave them, why not cut their balls off while you're at it? It's a convenient solution to pacify them.

Just don't go pretending you did them a favor.
>>
>Did you neuter your dog?
I've gotten all my pets fixed, and will continue to do so until the numbers of animals euthanized in shelters isn't in the fucking millions

>hurr ill just keep them inside away from the opposite sex
intact dogs will do whatever they fucking can to get to a dog of the opposite sex. I've seen an intact male chew through drywall because of the female in heat next door. and if your male dog gets out even once, you have no idea if he knocked up a female or not. fuck, they can even mate through chain link fences and kennel bars

not to mention many appartments, rentals, and dog parks don't allow unfixed dogs. it's impossible to find a place to rent here if your dog isn't neutered
>>
>>2078469
>enslave them
>just don't go pretending you did them a favor

lmao what are you serious
animals have no concept of gender

i dont think a dog is going to feel as insecure in its masculinity as you obviously feel
>>
>>2077905
>the dog doesn't know his balls are gone

That is a goddamn lie. They know, most dogs even go into a depression after the surgery.
>>
>>2078568
Source.
>>
>>2078568
>most dogs even go into a depression after the surgery.
this is fucking hilarious
>>
>>2078568
Kek. I just got my dog neutered a week ago. They day after the surgery he was acting his normal self. Genitals in animals aren't the same as with humans. Dog doesn't give two shits his nuts are gone.
>>
>>2078640
When I had my GSD neutered, he was sad the day of surgery, but that could be attributed to anaesthesia grogginess. (It was actually kind of nice because that was the first time in six months that he didn't want to bite me.)

The next day, he was back to being a chaotic biting rage monster, so we chucked him in the yard to avoid getting mauled.

He got the stitches out a week later.

I know this is just an anecdote, but there was negligible depression in his case. He was more miserable after he broke a tooth and had to have it extracted.
>>
>>2078568

>they go into depression

Lol
>>
>>2078458
Wiping your ass so hard till it bleeds for a week doesn't mean you're a woman.
>>
>>2078260
Seems I struck a nerve. Love it.
>>
>>2078329
It's an exaggeration. Did you really have to make a whole post when you already, apparently knew that?
>>
>>2078568
ballsy claim. back it up
>>
Funny thing is, people in favor of genital mutilation are usually against declawing cats.
>>
>>2078742
what on earth are you even talking about
>>
>>2078742
not really surprising since most people neuter their pets and find declawing to be wrong.

In related news, most people that like ice cream don't like losing at monopoly.
>>
>>2078568
they go into dogpression
>>
>>2078742
this doesn't really mean anything at all, unless your foreskin is an important asset of your defense system. i dont know many people whose first response to a threat would be to whip out their zipper lizard. drydick isnt that much of a debiliation

calling that genital mutilation is trivializing
>>
File: spay_neuter1.jpg (341 KB, 750x871) Image search: [Google]
spay_neuter1.jpg
341 KB, 750x871
>>2078333
How do you know they don't? All it takes is one backyard gate accidentally left cracked open. As far as you'd ever know they just ran off and came back but in reality you just chose to fuck over several unwanted puppies by cursing them with existence, just because you think dogs care as much as you do.

Seriously, there's prosthetic dog balls out there on the market if you people really think it's that important. Besides a few achey days right afterwards they'll never know they're missing.
>>
File: troglodyte.jpg (10 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
troglodyte.jpg
10 KB, 300x186
>muh bro won't be a real MAN
>I won't be able to use him to affirm my sexual identity
>>
>>2078762
So much this.
>>
>>2078568
>depression
You mean they feel a bit shit after anesthesia. Thats not an emotional response to missing a body part that you've personally attatched significance to, thats just normal recovery from being drugged into unconsciousness.
>>
>>2078742
I'm for spaying and neutering, and against non-medical circumcisions. Did your mind just explode?
>>
I'm from Germany and neutering dogs does not seem to be recommended in online forums like it is here. There are a lot of websites, even from vets, that list pro and contra of the prodecures.
They argue about health: castrated dogs would get worse fur or have a risk for incontinence, also the prodecure itself and anaesthesia. They say, you only should do it if the dog develops health problems.
Even when dogs get problems, they try to find a way to heal it without removing any organs. I've seen posts like "I've had good results with homoeopathy! there must be a way to avoid a castration!" on the topic of ovarian cysts. (note: homoeopathy in Germany can mean naturopathy)
But at least they also pick on guys that have reasons like "he wants to keep his balls!". Unfixed dogs are not banned anywhere; though a day care might not accept unfixed males or bitches in heat if the owner has an unfixed male himself.
Overall it seems like not spaying dogs is socially accepted in Germany, but not on /an/.
I don't know about other English communities, please tell me.
>>
>No responses from women please.

Don't tell me what to do. If your animal is let outside without supervision and allowed to roam free, spay/neuter your animal. If your animal is primarily an inside animal, who cares? It won't have unwanted babies.
>>
>>2078795
Generally, neutering is championed as it lessens the problem of sdtray animals.

The majority of dog owners do not have proper control over their dog here. Many people say that their dog is a 'free spirit' and to keep it indoors is cruel. Shit like that. By getting these dogs neutered, there are less unwanted puppies around.

This is in Ireland.

There's still many, usually male, people around who will refuse to get their male dog neutered as somehow their own insecurities are directly transferable to the dog.
>>
>>2078795
You lost me at homeopathy.

I don't know how you guys deal with the issue of unwanted pets, but mainly here people are encouraged to spay/neuter, just to reduce stress on shelters and cut down on strays.

People here in the UK are still really backwards and irresponcible in their attitudes to animals though I feel. Like I used to live in a shitty little Welsh former mining town, and it was commonplace to just let your dog out to roam, insead of walking it or actually having to actually bother with it in any way.
Nobody bothered with the vet if they were sick or injured, let alone spayed or nuetered.

The result was that we had a pretty bad stray cat problem, and a constant rotation of shitty, antisocial mutts you had to watch out for. They were often missing limbs, and frequently dissapered only to be replaced by new younger ones, which in turn got injured and went missing.
>>
>>2078745
>>2078751
top fucking keks
>>
>>2078813
I don't know of any dark stories like that. Of course German shelter animals are neutered, we have stray cats but I haven't heard of stray dogs. I do have the impression that at least the online communities are like "If you can't handle an unneutered dog so that it doesn't reproduce you are not a responsible owner" but they also like homeopathy, so maybe they're just like vegans.
>>
>>2078795
Most PEOPLE will get rid of their ovaries if they have giant cysts. It's like your begging for cancer.
>>
File: 3c76a42[1].png (256 KB, 646x222) Image search: [Google]
3c76a42[1].png
256 KB, 646x222
Zeuterin is the newest best way to neuter your dog. It's does the job with an injection, so your dog keeps his balls.

http://www.zeuterin.com
>>
>>2078840
too bad it's only approved for dogs of a very small age window and the long term effects are very unknown

and it cannot be implemented in shelters because it's actually much more expensive large-scale like
>>
Always wondered how all the talk of early neutering being bad differs between breed and purebred or not.

I've worked with dogs for a long ass time, the only ones I've ever seen had the negative physical effects from early neutering were purebreds, Labradors specifically. But they're usually a bit disastrous in old age anyways. Who knows I guess.
>>
>>2078884
If you wanted to study more, look into shelters that fix animals before they go home. They often spay and neuter puppies ASAP (8 weeks) and will account for most pediatric spays.
>>
File: 1453949644080.jpg (48 KB, 620x592) Image search: [Google]
1453949644080.jpg
48 KB, 620x592
>>2078714
>ballsy claim
>>
>>2078886
I know, because the clinic I was at for years worked with the local SPCA and rescues a lot. Yet didn't really see any mutts who had the issues described, even the ones who had pediatric desexing done.
>>
>>2078840
Zeutering is not the best way to fix your pet. It is not 100% effective (like neutering), it is not effective right away (like neutering), and it must be done by a specially trained vet (unlike neutering). It will never be effective or popular on a large scale.
>>
>>2077903
>let's slice the balls out of this dog for my convenience!

yep, welcome to america. jews do the same thing to childrens' foreskins to make money. I am personally against neutering pets, but I also don't have pets anymore. I understand the difficulty in managing animals who are not neutered (especially in an urban or pet situation) but I would rather have no dog than a mutilated one.

Really a personal preference OP.

>inb4 i get banned
>>
>>2078909
foreskins don't cause millions of humans to be euthanized annually

what a shitty comparison
>>
>>2078909
I hope you intend on letting your dog fuck constantly, because living in celibacy while there's almost always at least one bitch in heat is going to stress your "non-mutilated" dog out, severely lowering its life quality.
>>
>>2078918
what's your point?
>>
>>2078918
>foreskins don't cause millions of humans to be euthanized
kek
>>
To me it's simple: if you plan on breeding the dog, or any other pet you own, don't. If you don't want it breeding in future, do.

You will prevent many things, involving aggression, overpopulation of stray animals, and in female pets - you will greatly lower the risk of cancer and other bad things that happen in female pets if they don't mate. Too many friends of mine lost their pets to that shit.
>>
>>2078923
that neutering prevents unwanted litters that inevitably clog up the shelter system and are why millions are euthanized annually in the US alone. there's a reason roughly 80% of dogs entering shelters are unfixed even though they make up the minority of the dogs owned as pets

circumcision makes your dick dry, it doesn't kill anyone. wrong to do to babies? yeah. comparable to the discussion ITT? not really
>>
As a woman I am just as for spaying as I am for neutering. Why would it be any different?
>>
>>2078930
because men project their own masculinity onto their dog
>>
>>2078762
>Women genuinely believe this is how men reason

For once OP was absolutely correct.
>>
>>2078808
Clearly the solution is not a leash, but a genetic lobotomy.
>>
>>2078568
fucking
kek
>>
>>2078946
I've experienced it enough to know that's how a lot of men see it

there's a reason young men are the demographic least likely to neuter their dog
>>
>>2078431
Neutering can be used as a generic term that encompasses both spaying females and neutering males
>>
What do you think about people who compare neutering to declawing or removing dew claws?
>>
>>2078469
I don't think you know what slavery is
>>
>>2078742
Cats use their claws in every aspect of their life, from playing, to eating, to marking, to getting around their environment. Cats are in pain afterwards, and have trouble walking. Even years after I got my cat declawed (because I was stupid and uneducated) she wasn't as agile and balanced as she had been, or compared to my cat that still had his claws

After getting fixed, cats heal very well and it saves them from the stress of looking for mates. One of my cats was in heat before I could take her to the vet and she would roam the house caterwauling. This went on for a month before I got her fixed. I'm not gonna stress out my cat and put her in danger of pyometra and other medical conditions because I'm a sentimental idiot
>>
>>2079048
Concern over pyometra increases with age, too, because of the nature of the aging of the uterus.

Some dog breeds are particularly prone to it.
>>
>no responses from half of the fucking board please

Yeah, how's that working out for you? The questions rhetorical, it's working out poorly for you.
>>
>>2079089
>half of any board on 4chan is women

yeah not even close. certainly not this board, since i've more or less NEVER known a woman who takes good care of a pet.
>>
>>2079090
>4chan is a MAN'S chinese freediving forum

You're either new to /an/, or oblivious. There isn't as much of a female presence as there used to be, if the poll threads mean much, but there are a lot of women on /an/.

Also,
>has never seen /cgl/
>>
>>2079046
removing dewclaws makes sense if the dog is going to be running around in fields or romping around a lot or be a working dog. they open up the animal to risks of injuring it, and dew claws literally do nothing, especially the rear ones. if done at a young age it's meaningless
>>
>>2079090
gee, that sure explains why women are more likely to work in animal related fields

and that men are more likely to be animal abusers than women
>>
>>2078921
If I can deal with it, my my doge can deal with it.
>>
>>2079096
>gee, that sure explains why women are more likely to work in animal related fields

inertia explains that

>and that men are more likely to be animal abusers than women
you cannot hope to actually have any statistics on such a thing

women abuse animals with neglect more often while men abuse with direct mistreatment

I've honestly never known a single woman, in my life, who takes good care of a pet though. I care more for my bettas than women do for dogs and cats.

>>2079091
oh yeah, i forgot that one. the absolute worst board on the whole site has women. what a coincidence
>>
>>2079098
>worst board
>not /r9k/

Bitch, please. You could be more wrong, but it would be great if you were significantly less wrong.

Also, two seconds on Google turns up that men under thirty are more likely to abuse animals, women over 60 are most likely to be hoarders. Here's the link.

http://m.humanesociety.org/issues/abuse_neglect/facts/animal_cruelty_facts_statistics.html
>>
>>2078117

Women still don't care about human mutilation why the fuck would a dog bother them?
>>
>>2079102
being a hoarder and abusing animals are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>2078257

>I wonder if this will negatively impact my dogs quality of life?
>lol fag scared of losing your own balls?
>why so obsessed
>fucking idiot people like you should be neutered

Stop getting so emotionally over invested anons wtf
>>
>>2079138
it beats getting emotionally invested in dog balls
>>
I have a male and a female, both altered. My lady pup I had spayed at one, after her heat cycle. During which I learned that it's long and messy. Fuck no am I going to deal with bloody spots everywhere for a month for the rest of her life. The boy got fixed after the get told me that the breed was prone to cancer or other complications. I had already planned on it but that made it seem that much more important.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 887x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 887x1152
>>2077903
I'll just leave this here
http://study.com/academy/lesson/hormones-of-the-testes-functions-anatomical-features.html
http://barrhavenvethospital.ca/services/spaying/

>inb4 but my dog's MANhood!

What should be considered is the effects of losing a sexual organ(s) to the animal's body. Both sexes lose something that produces important hormones which is both a good and bad thing. They both help with behavior (especially males) and you don't have worry about the effects of the Estrous cycle.
http://youtu.be/reuyX14_rZU
Also less places to worry about cancer and other things.
But we have consider how losing organs would effect thier growth just like it would with us. Do we do it too early? Do the pros REALLY out way the cons? Should we look at other sterilizing methods like vasectomy? Does typical sterilizing methods help manage dog behavior in the long-run?
>>
It depends.

Im not for or against neutering as a whole.

I think the average dog owner should have their animals neutered. Mainly because these are the people who dont know how to handle a dog properly and/or let their animals breed.

If you are experienced, and very knowledgeable on proper dog training/handling I dont see why having an intact dog would be inherently bad. Check the balls for lumps once in a while just like you would for yourself and you will be able to detect lumps or cancer if it develops.

You can also get vasectomies for your dog so that would be a fair middle ground.
>>
Getting my 6 month-old Border Collie's vagina murdered tomorrow.

I heard it can be important to get it done before the first heat cycle because post-heat cycle increases their chance of getting cancer and shit.

What I'm worried about though is that
a) I've never dealt with post-doggy genital mutilation personally
b) ITS A FUCKING BORDER COLLIE and she can't jump around and act like A FUCKING BORDER COLLIE PUPPY.
>>
>>2079098
>>2079130
your retardation is showing
>>
>>2079131
actually in the eyes of the law it's very different

abuse implies intent to hurt the animal and is a felony. hoarding situation is likely to get the owner a fuckton of citations for neglect, but not abuse. they are very different
>>
>>2079098
>I've honestly never known a single woman, in my life, who takes good care of a pet though
Maybe try meeting more women than your mother?
>>
>>2077903
But if you don't neuter your male animals, then the female animals will have to be neutered, which is a much more intrusive process as you have to get inside her abdomen.
>>
>>2077927
I know you're just being a responsible owner but man I'd hate to be that rat

>all depressed and aggressive
>owner gets my balls cut off
>oh god i am a different rat :)
>>
>>2077903
I was against it but 2 litters of puppies later I couldn't get him to the vet fast enough.

Safe to say I wont hesitate next time
>>
I wouldn't neuter my dog unless his balls grow so big they start to become a hindrance to him.
Dog vasectomy is the way to go desu.

>chrysler 300s are limousines
>>
>>2079046
Why is removing the dewclaw bad? Some dogs are even born without them.
>>
>>2077927
Never understood people who routinely neuter their rats. In your case, you had a male that was aggressive and miserable. But generally they're too fragile under anesthetic to bother risking it.
>>
>>2079097
This anon's post is a daily reminder that anthropomorphisation often ends up harming the very animals it sets out to defend.

Dudes who use their dogs as bro-substitutes is just as idiotic and harmful towards the animals as mid age women who use great apes as baby-substitutes.
>>
>>2079422
Some dog breeds don't have them, true.

On the rear foot, the dew claw is often residual, and serves no real function to the animal. These should be removed in puppyhood because they often get caught on things and tear.

Front dew claws should be left alone unless they're seriously deformed. They are routinely used by the dog when moving at faster gaits on soft turf, and help prevent torsion and therefor injuries in the wrists.
>>
>>2078431
ofcourse the procedure is alot more intrusive but you're getting the same result. why would you be against it when it's safe.
seem kinda sexist if you ask me.
>>
>>2079515
Neuters aren't super intensive surgery, even in rats.

It's probably safer to neuter a rat than it is to spay a cat.
>>
>>2078207
Testicular cancer isn't the only health problem for intact males. In fact, it's probably one of the lesser issues.

I'd be more worried about prostate problems and perianal hernias.
>>
>>2079802
Eh the smaller the animal, the trickier it becomes. It's not invasive, no, but it's a much smaller area to work with and it can be more difficult to use anesthetics on smaller animals.
>>
>>2079802
No.
Rats often die under anesthesia because the complications with such a small animal.
>>
Had a cat that didn't get neutered, he was a BADASS because of it.

Territorial as fuck. almost killed a few cats that got in the yard, and killed lots of mice etc. if he wasn't lazy and loved getting spoiled, probably would've been a handful, since he had obviously high testosterone, with how much he hated other male cats and dogs.

In my experience, neutering makes them more docile, but removes their real personality and strength, since they're forever stuck as gutless puppies or foolish kittens.
>>
>>2078795
>I've had good results with homoeopathy
>homoeopathy
If anyone tries to sell you homoeopathy, even your fucking doctor RUN!!!!!!
>>
>>2079871
Why?
>>
>>2078813
i don't know what you're talking about.. sounds like British people being British, lack of empathy towards most things
>>
>>2079853
Woah slow down there edgelord.
>>
>>2079853
I swear whenever someone says their cat has a "badass" "personality" it's always accompanied by something retarded
>>
>>2079853
you remind me of the guys who come in to get their dog a vaccination then act like its cool that the dog wants to kill everyone in the room because hurr tough guy
>>
>>2079873
The active agents are diluted till there are only a few molecules in the dosages you take, or none at all. They claim that water has a "memory" and the more diluted something is, the stronger it's effect. They are as effective as placebo.
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 736x631) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 736x631
>>2079873
It's considered a medical pseudoscience, much like acupuncture. Popular with a big market, but not much evidence it works. Except it can make you if you're unlucky or not careful
>>
>>2079950
Kind of a silly argument considering that most of our drugs came from plants and such.
>>
>>2079956
True but not all drugs are good for you much like the rest of nature. See link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy
>>
>>2079098
>I've honestly never known a single woman, in my life
>>
>>2079950
>toxins
So liver cirrhosis isn't real?
>>
>>2077903
Nah, i rather leave my dog to die from Dog AIDS than remove his masculinity.
>>
>>2078241
Sorry, you don't have an infographic saying that so I don't believe you
>>
>>2078241
>women dont want me because they love fucking dogs, not because of my lacking personal hygiene and limited social skills like my family and friends say
>>
>>2080340
Excess of toxins in that case

No natural, organic, starbaked medicine required, just drink less
>>
it's a fucking dog retard, it barely understands what balls even are.

how about stop shitting up my nature and contributing to the feral dog colonies
>>
I'm a woman(fuck you) and I chose not to get my West whighland white terrier neutered. He's a good dog, never had any problems with him being to high energy or dominant. Just got a female ACD puppy and she dominates him.
>>
Three ridgeback dogs here, two spayed bitches but our boy is still packing 'cause he's a show quality dog.
>>
I think neutering your dog is for the best, like >>2077905 explains. I still feel bad for ending my dogs lineage though.
>>
>>2078568
Just got my dog's balls snipped on Saturday. He's still happy as fuck, I have to stop him from running around and playing or he could tear his stitches.
>>
>>2079138
It was all silly fun, if you couldn't tell. Don't read much books, do ya? That, and mossy of what you said want even said in the post your linking. Are you the guy saying "lol bitch u on ur period"? This is just the same thing, but gender reversed.
>>
>>2079802
>>2079843
Personally lost one due to a neuter. Went in for removal of a tumour, vet decided to take his balls at the same time, because we were also concerned about his aggressive behavior to other rats. Whether he was under too long or wouldn't have made it anyway, I don't know, but he never came round. Rats are known to be risky under anesthetic, and since you can keep males and females in seperate cages, it just seems safer not to neuter unless there's a problem.
>>
>dogs and cats should be neutered, females as soon as possible to reduce risks of mammary tumors, males after their growth spurt (they will grow less tall, but more balanced, reducing the risk of joint problems)
>vehemently against circumcision
>woman
>nothing to do with stances
>>
>>2077936
Why can't you hike with a leash? I do it all the time, it's no problem for me or my beagle.
What ends up being a problem are the off leash dogs that run over "to say hi." I never know if that dog is going to attack me or my dog. Usually the dog is just being friendly, but sometimes they're charging over to attack. The owners always say, "oh he's never done that before," then just brush it off like its no big deal.

Don't be that guy who doesn't keep their dog under control. It doesn't matter if your dog is friendly, some other dogs aren't and some people aren't.
>>
>>2077903
Have two male pups so I neutered them. Seems to have had some good effects on them, they were neutered at 6 months and are now 1 year and 3 months
>>
I am a female and I was against neutering my dog. My father is the one who decided to neuter our dog.
>>
>>2077903
these threads always remind of uncut vs cut threads
>>
File: mildly amusing.gif (450 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mildly amusing.gif
450 KB, 320x180
>>2078568
>They know, most dogs even go into a depression after the surgery.
>>
>>2083187
>Thinking neutering and circumcision are even in the same ballpark
>Thinking it has anything to do with being a woman
So was your stupid delivered intravenously, or did you have it beaten into your head with a brick oldschool-style?
>>
>>2078568

>most dogs even go into a depression after the surgery.

what would even prompt a human being to say something so clearly untrue?
>>
>>2079098
>I've honestly never known
>>
wait a minute.

Only animals get neutered? MY FUCKING MOTHER LIED TO ME
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.