[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /an/, /x/ here (i guess). the folks back home are busy circlejerking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
hey /an/, /x/ here (i guess). the folks back home are busy circlejerking over homunculi and conspiracy theories so i figured i might as well ask you guys just in case someone here knows some stuff

so, what do you think/know about druidry/druidism?
>>
>>2077338
nothing.
the Christians killed all the druids and destroyed their records.
>>
>>2077340
>implying it wasn't the work of outside cats
>>
it's stupid bullshit.
>>
>>2077338
Most of /an/ actually hates animals with a burning passion and thinks every single animal is a carnivore, including deer and woodchucks because one ate a fish or an egg once.

>>2077412
This is the shit I'm talking about.

But on the subject of Druidry, this anon >>2077340 got it right. The real Druids are wiped out and we know very little about them. The Neo-Druids are a diverse group with multiple beliefs. John Michael Greer gives a good summary of how Neo-Druidism got started. I'm not real fond of him though, because he tends to cheapen magical practice by just claiming it's mundane everyday shit without any real spiritual component.

What is your interest in the subject?
>>
>>2077439
i'm really not sure how to explain/put it into words... basically, my family/heritage is from around the area that the druids lived in, and i've always felt drawn towards certain things throughout my life which tend to turn out to be from around this area (eg mythology or things like that)

i've written this post about six times and then deleted it so far, i can't seem to put it into words. i guess i just have a very, VERY strong sense of... idk, wanting to know? feeling a connection with it? sorry if that doesn't make sense.

i have looked into neo-druidism and although their beliefs align with mine pretty solidly (even with me never looking into it before), i feel like there's so much more to it and feel like i need to know "the original"

probably sounds crazy but i'm looking into something called "remote viewing" to see if i can, in essence, witness the past
>>
>>2077518
too bad.

I like the concept of druidism. try taking a bunch of mushrooms and living in the forest. It's a harsh world.
>>
File: the-mists-of-avalon.jpg (43 KB, 395x598) Image search: [Google]
the-mists-of-avalon.jpg
43 KB, 395x598
>>2077518
makes sense to me. You're probably schizotypal with a strong imagination and occasional mild mania.

I can relate. Do all the remote viewing and past life regressions and whatever stuff you like. It'd probably help to visit some ancient ruins in your area of interest. Maybe read "The Mists of Avalon" while you're at it. Listen to polyphonic overtone chants.
This one is very nice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04fEWQOwUD4

but at the end of the day you're not going to know anything about the druids. You might just feel like you do though.
>>
>>2077375
lold
>>
>>2077518
>my family/heritage is from around the area that the druids lived in
Oh, you're interested in historic Druids. Well in that case, you should do one of two things: either forget the matter entirely because most of the info is lost for all time or become an archaeologist and pray you can find some. Because you're not going to get much info on historic Druids otherwise. Most of it was destroyed by the Romans, and the christians finished whatever was left.
>>
File: scary_woods.jpg (56 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
scary_woods.jpg
56 KB, 800x530
>>2077657
how extremely depressing
>>
>>2077670
Sorry I don't have better news. Some things are just lost unless you or someone else can find them.
>>
>>2077338
Well my family line goes back to Welsh druids and studying the Celtic and Anglo-Saxon "occult" is a hobby of mine.

I also have a degree in mental health so I can help you a bit there I guess.

People end up feeling connections to many things, from nature, animals, material items etc. Some people take this further into everything from Druidry, Totemic Paganism and even the dreaded Furry. The reason for this is a pretty typical human reaction to explain things we feel that we can't rationalize.

That help?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.