[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cancer anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 640x1136
I am the proud owner of a three month old Jackabee named Doodle, who has had breathing problems since she came home with me, though the vet simply attributes those to the beagle in her as it's quiet wheezing that only comes out while she sleeps, and since I've completely scrubbed the rooms she most frequents clean of any and all mold that could have been the culprit to her ailment, it has all but disappeared.. however it seems out of the clear blue sky a fatty tumor has appeared on her hip.
Now, I know from having many other dogs in my life this is more often than not a completely benign occurrence, but at her age it seems odd.
And what worries me more than anything else is the fact that two sisters from her litter have had to be put down due to cancer already.

I have already called the vet and explained the situation along with explaining the situation with her sisters.

So.. How worried should I be?
Can you guys calm me down? I'm an absolute mess. I've never had a dog that looks at me the way she does. I'm so terrified for my little girl.

Picture related : it's doodle in her bucket.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 640x1136
Doodle - role playing as Magellan
>>
Without tests you cannot say it is a fatty tumor. Take her to the vet so you can find out what it actually is.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 640x1136
>>2076477
That's just my assumption based on my familiarity with them and knowing they can be pulled away from the position they're in, as is the case with the growth on her hip.

Hopefully the vet returns my call as quickly as possible tomorrow. Though, I'm just happy her demeanor has changed in no way whatsoever.
So that eases the anxiety.

Doodle - in the only position she will allow herself, or I to nap in.
>>
>three month old
>two puppies had cancer already

I sincerely hope you adopted and not bought the dog OP, because it seems to fucking horribly bred.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 640x1136
>>2076492
I did adopt, and you have no idea.
The people I got her from are the most irresponsible backwood fucks I've ever come across.
I actually made sure I went back and got the rest of the dogs off of them to make sure they went to good homes.
They were regularly covered in fleas and feces and genuinely ignored.
They all have an insatiable need for attention that is both adorable and heartbreaking due to the breeders ignorance.
But luckily I found every one of them good homes and for a while had four beautiful little fuckers running around my house being given all the love they needed each and every day.
Though doodle was not pleased by this as she had become used to being the queen of the house and suddenly had to share my attention with others. She got surprisingly nasty over it, though after a while it subsided, thank god.

And here is doodle in the purse of a girl I fuck as she was helping me sneak her into Walmart because I do so every time I go.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 640x1136
back when she was a one and a half month old nugget.
The hoodie rightly says "princess" I believe.

Jesus Christ I'm a mess right now.
If anything happens to my little girl...

Never in my life have I felt so needed by a dog, and she truly is exactly what my life needed right now.

She's given me purpose again.
I'm not a big believer in this, but to all that read it please send positive energy her way in case something truly is wrong. She's too good of a dog to have anything horrible happen to her, and I know the world isn't a fair place.
But she's so fucking innocent, I would give her the world if I could..
>>
>>2076539
I'll be hoping the best for your little one. Be sure to bump the thread when you get news.
>>
>designer dog from byb
>2 littermates dead from cancer already
you should be very worried, op
>>
>>2076530
>I did adopt
>oh wait, I went a backyard breeder

that is not what we mean when we say "did you adopt"
>>
>>2076448
> "jackabee"

Honestly what else did you expect?
>>
>>2076569
This. It's obviously genetic if two siblings already died this early. Make sure all the surviving pups are fixed because it will only continue. I hope you didn't have to pay more money to adopt these dogs
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 640x1136
>>2076551
Thank you so much, right now I'm spoiling the hell out of her in between bouts of her Jack-Russell fueled insane playtime. Little baby loves juice, though not too much, she's hyper enough. >>2076575
And I apologize for not knowing the terminology around here, this is my first post to this board having only been here a few times previous when I stray from my home board.
>>2076595
And I paid no money for the entire litter, nor did I charge any of the people who I gave them to.

And here is a picture of doodle having fallen asleep on my hand while I was petting her, I sat next to her to not disturb her for the entirety of a film I decided to watch as I was trapped by my adoration of this little girl.
>>
>>2076602
BYB is "backyard breeder". Usually used pejoratively to animal breeders who breed without regard to the health or well being of the animal, and usually focus more on looks than establishing a healthy bloodline. Think small-scale puppy mill.

Given you said that they were in horrific conditions, and that several of her litter mates have already developed cancer, they sound like a textbook BYB (hence that anon's comments). You didn't do anything wrong, anon.
>>
Sorry OP, if two have the puppies have already gotten cancer I can't imagine it will be good news.

Do you have more information on the other puppies? Were were the tumors located? Cancer in puppies is already extremely rare. Cancer deaths of two puppies under three months old seems very unbelievable.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
http://m.petmd.com/dog/conditions/cancer/c_dg_vaccine_sarcoma

A friend of mine just sent me this article after I brought up that it's odd that it grew in almost the exact placement of the injection site of her rabies shot..
I am absolutely going to bring this up to the vet the moment she and I get there, and pray that if by some rare chance is the diagnoses.. That it was caught soon enough before it becomes metastatic.

Do you think this necessitates a visit to an emergency clinic?
I absolutely want to make sure this is taken care of immediately.

Here she is asleep with me shortly after I found the mass..
>>
>>2076608

Alright so sarcomas for one are more common in cats than dogs. Just saying. Two, you mentioned that you think it's a lipoma not a sarcoma. Three, go get a biopsy on it and discuss options of treatments if it isn't just a lipoma. Four, your dog will get cancer due to the other two dogs being put down already; the only thing you have to bank on is how much time you have with her and the type of cancer.

PS- keep getting her her vaccines. If she doesn't die from cancer she will definitely die from parvo (and rabies vaccines are state mandated).

Keep treating her well, you just happened to get shit luck OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 640x1136
>>2076606
Thank you! And that basically seems to be their end goal.
They're trying to establish a line of Jackabee's as they've been breeding their Jack-Russel and Beagle for some time to create these beautiful little pups. And like I said, after seeing the conditions they were in when they were brought out to me and seeing how starved they were for interaction I did go back to take the three that were left as myself and a friend had taken the first two.
>>2076607
And for both it was masses within their brains that were deemed inoperable and unsurvivable, so they unfortunately had to be put down, and what hurt the most in that situation is one of them was given to a friend of mine with a mental disability who hoped to register her as a service dog.

However, during that trip the breeder herself dropped doodle and given her size of course collapsed both of her lungs being that once she came to she immediately panicked and ran to me because she wasn't breathing, so I gave mouth to snout to reinflate them - as this had happened to a yorkie that my mom has, and she's a nurse so I learned how to do so through experience.
Now this of course lead to a trip to an emergency clinic which ran a full blood panel and a host of X-rays, all of which came back completely normal aside from the obvious transient problems with her lungs. No masses of any sort were seen (to my knowledge as it wasn't what they were looking for).

And here she is again as just a baby using my eye socket as a pillow.
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 640x1136
>>2076614
I hate to hear that.. But I appreciate the truth. And I will update everyone who's been kind enough to offer me both advice and kind words the moment I know what's happening.
I'll be getting her to the vet tomorrow I'm assuming, because I'm not letting whatever this could possibly be go on a moment longer than it has to.
I've given her the best life I possibly could thus far, and from the day she came home she has not been without me for more than a few hours.
And that's not going to change. And given the potential of what may happen, the amount I spoil her is only going to increase. For whatever time she has left I want her to be the happiest fucking Jackabee that's ever lived.
I've never had great luck, but when her eyes met mine I found something I've never felt before, and it kills me that it has to be this way.
But I made a promise to her that I wouldn't ever give her anything short of perfection, and the pain that's inevitably going to cause is in every way worth it because she gave me what I thought I would never have.

And here she is - as always in a small, confined space because she loves feeling close to anything that surrounds her.
>>
>>2076616
The whole "designer mix" is also another massive BYB red flag. The exact unfortunate situation you are in right now is why that anon snapped at you. You did good getting the litter out of such a bad situation.

Just get her to the vet as soon as possible. Sounds like there will be a lot of tests needed to see if the tumor is benign or not, so I am unsure what good an emergency clinic could do besides clean out your wallet. And also keep in mind, second opinions are a thing for pets too. If your vet says everything is okay, but your gut just won't quiet down, then there is nothing wrong getting another opinion.

Keep treating her well, and just hope for the best, OP. She's a real qt.
>>
Sorry man
At this point I would say it's a matter of when she'll get cancer, not if.
I hope your lucky and get to spend a few years with her at least. I guess it really depends on how much money you're willing to spend to keep her alive.
>>
/an/ hates breeders,specifically of designer dogs, basically because of exactly what you're going through. It's unhealthy for the dogs who often develop internal complications or weird skeletal problems, and it's unethical to produce animals they don't intend to care for while shelters are full of dogs looking for homes. It's also unethical to support them by adopting from them (assuming you paid for the first dog, and got the rest for free when they were struggling)

get a mutt from a shelter or rescue if you want the best chance of getting a healthy dog that won't develop some problem down the road. With the internet it is possible to find any breed you want from a rescue, it might just take time or a road trip.

Hope your dog ends up ok.
>>
>>2076624
if the dogs were as bad as OP said he shouldn't have bought the dogs and supported their breeding, he should have instead have reported it to animal control for them to do an animal welfare check so they would have been seized and the breeders cited for neglect
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
FIRST AND FOREMOST -
I need to add that I paid for not one of these pups. I am unfamiliar with the terminology of this board so I'm guessing "adopted" was a very misleading term to use and I apologize for that.

>>2076624
I have already called and explained the situation along with my worries, and said that they need to call me immediately so I can get her in tomorrow.
Being she's acting in no way differently I decided again the emergency clinic, and also because the four hundred dollars it's going to cost me could be better spend doing the diagnostic tests that she's inevitably going to need. And I had no idea she was a "designer breed" I just heard from a friend that someone they knew had a litter of puppies they were giving away, and I was immediately interested because my old dog Nemo went to stay with my mother because he missed his brothers too much when I left home, and he simply wasn't himself without the rest of his pack.
>>2076631
Thank you, no matter the amount of time I have with her, she's going to stay my world. The need in her eyes when she stares at me is in every way mutual, and not once in my life have I felt that so intensely, and purely.
>>2076632
This is my first time in this situation, I've never gone to what you guys call BYB's before in my life, so I had no idea the complications that were going to arise, I just saw my little girl run directly to me and sit so calmly in my lap among the mass of people I had with me and my heart was stolen in a moment.

And thank you, I hope so too.. I will drain my life of every resource to make sure this girl has the life she deserves, and in every way feels as loved as she makes me feel.
>>2076636
I wanted to do just that, but the family member who lead me there asked me not to as to not "shake the relationship with their friend" so instead I took the entire litter to make sure they were both taken care of, and given every ounce of love they all seemed so desperate for.

And here is her brother, bug
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
And here's my buddy Nemo

He's actually half Jack Russell as well
>>
>>2076646
>the family member who lead me there asked me not to as to not "shake the relationship with their friend"
what a shitty excuse

you realize that they have no incentive to change and are just going to keep doing this, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 640x1136
>>2076654
Unfortunately I'm completely aware of that. I changed what I could without causing a rift in my family.
I apologize that, that isn't good enough for you.
But may I ask, what do you know about my relationship with my family?
What do you know about the value I place on loyalty?

Do you want to call?
I will gladly give you their names, numbers and address.
>>
>>2076663
>>2076616
>>2076602
>>2076539
>>2076486

go to /soc/ if you want to post pictured of yourself

as for your dog hurr durr take it to the vet
>>
>>2076448
SHE'S SO CUTE!
>>
>>2076663
>I apologize that, that isn't good enough for you
>for you
it's not about me, it's about the sickly inbred animals they're just going to keep creating because they're being enabled. you sure are defensive
>>
I hope the little girl is okay, OP. Know you haven't been here in a few days but would definitely like an update on her. I know that biopsies and these kind of tests are hella expensive. I think you are doing the right thing taking care of her and obviously love her very much.

I'm afraid that the news is very bad if both siblings have already died. But I hope not. She's precious.
>>
>>2076539
You're a fucking normie.
>>
>>2076448
>Jackabee

kill yourself
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.