[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty things people have done to your pets thread My mum's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 11
File: 1455253683097.gif (3 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1455253683097.gif
3 MB, 300x169
Shitty things people have done to your pets thread

My mum's friend hit my dog very hard twice tonight to discipline her despite being told repeatedly we do not hit animals in our house. My dog is 4 months old.
>>
>>2075842
>Four months

What a fucking lunatic. Hitting any dog for punishment is useless, but that can induce deep-set antisocial tendencies for young dogs.
>>
>>2075842
Dogs have denser bones than humans so hitting them doesnt really do much.
>>
>>2075842
I have a one year old bedlington whippet that I adopted from my neighbour.

She was fed one small cup of biscuits per day, kept out in the garden, frequently threatened and intimidated and deprived of contact. When she first arrived, she had bladder control issues due to anxiety.
>>
>>2075857
Except turn them into neurotics who flinch if you raise your hand.
>>
File: bedlingtonterrier.jpg (25 KB, 560x374) Image search: [Google]
bedlingtonterrier.jpg
25 KB, 560x374
>>2075861
>bedlington whippet
I had never heard of this breed before. I initially thought you meant bedlington terrier, which are terrible looking dogs.

The whippet is cute though
>>
>>2075854
I know. She's a herding mix and is highly strung. She used to bite constantly and we'd finally got past it, the last thing I want for her is to bite and be afraid of people (who she loves atm)

>Puppy excited because there are a bunch of new people in the house, everyone patting and giving her attention
>Tell everyone to ignore her if she jumps up, she's still learning etc.
>Woman starts talking about punishment (a firm smack never hurt anyone, rub their nose in urine, what do you MEAN you don't hit her we hit you when you were kids HA HA HA etc.)
>Woman gets a little drunker, puppy starts to piss her off because she sees our training as ineffective
>Puppy jumps up at table where food is
>Woman screams NO and whacks her on nose
>Take dad into other room, ask him to tell her again we do not hit the dog
>Dad agrees and is upset about it
>Puppy jumps up at table again
>Woman screams NO and whacks her so hard she yelps and falls to the ground
>She goes to bite, gets up and puts ears back and tail between legs
>Run over and pick dog up "WE DO NOT HIT HER"
>Leave house, take dog to park
>>
>>2075879
Should have stood up to her. If you're old enough to post on this board there is no reason to expect your parents to do it for you. If one of my roommates friends came to my house and did that, they'd be leaving the house with a broken nose.
>>
>>2075879

You should have treated her like she treated the dog. Yell in her face and smack her nose. She'll get it next time.
>>
>>2075890
There's no way she would have taken me seriously, I will forever be a child in her eyes (my older brother went to pre school with her kids)

My dad is the head of the family and it's his house.
>>
>many moons ago, when I was a kid
>bring beagle buddy to petsmart to get his nails clipped
>beagle buddy is older, has Lyme disease when he was adopted, and had his back ACLs torn a total of 3 times
>tell the nice groomer lady about this, that he may need breaks to lay down and to be gentle because he's an old man
>while he is getting nails clipped, I shop around for things for beagle buddy
>while shopping, I see through shelves that the groomer is smacking my dog and roughly pulling the slip lead around his neck up because he laid down
>see beagle buddy is scrambling to get up and she's still being rough with him
>being young and quiet, not sure what to do about it or if there was anything I could do about it
>eventually make the decision to sit in the grooming area until she was done to make sure it wouldn't happen again
>tfw groomer tells me beagle bud was very good for his nail clipping
>>
my grandma treats my dog like a human child

a terrible, tyrannical, bratty human child
>>
>>2075861
did you just go over and offer to take it? why the fuck would they get a dog in the first place?
>>
>>2075905
This is tfw
>>
to be fair, you should be controlling your dog around house guests. Obviously you were letting the dog hang out, and it was doing something that bothered her. If it were me, I would have fixed the situation before the person felt the need to do something. Or I would have set my dog up in another part of the house while company is over.
>>
>>2075967
>to be fair
Nah, that's not fair and the dog misbehaving doesn't excuse that woman from hitting the pup. She was a guest and it's not her place to decide how to train or discipline someone else's dog
>>
>>2075967
It's one thing to let your dog be rude and do things like jump on them or eat off their plate, it's a whole 'nother to try and discipline -someone elses- dog. If they don't like the way the dog is behaving, and the way the owner is handling it, they need to bring that up to the owner and possibly just stop fucking going over to their house if nothing is done about it. Or wait until they've trained the dog.

Besides, it's not like the lady couldn't have said anything. She could have just as easily said 'hey, your dog is really getting on my nerves, can we put him in another room or outside for a while?'
>>
>>2075967
>>2076117
>>2076190
When they were eating in the dining room I had shut the dog outside with a bone (which she was fine with) so she didn't bother anyone.

They decided to eat cheese and drink wine on our backyard deck with all the doors open. I moved her to the front of the house with a nylabone separated by a baby gate but someone opened it by the time I came back downstairs.

I don't think this woman is a horrible person. I think it's just old school training mentality. They like and want to be around the puppy because it's cute, but get annoyed when it does things it's not meant to.
>>
>>2075842
>>2075842
>we do not hit animals in our house

top lel dogs aren't pussies they literally bite and wrassle each other to discipline each other and decide what order in the pack they are (inb4 dat has been disproven by ebonics) a little smack isn't going to hurt your precious mutt

keep control of your fucking dog so others don't have to discipline it

shiesh fucking /an/ i've been gone for to long and now i have to show you all what the real world is about

to many grills and reddit fags on /an/ thinking 4chinz is their hugbox

i shouldn't have to show you but i do
>>
File: 1444463161056.png (189 KB, 470x373) Image search: [Google]
1444463161056.png
189 KB, 470x373
Last night my drunk mom smacked my cat in the face for chasing her heels when she was about to go to bed, we fought about it for a while.
She went back and forth inbetween saying she didn't him him
>I was holding the cat when she did
and then claiming that I am a bad person who abuses the cat more
>sometimes when he's in the mood I'll find kitty's center of gravity and gently roll him onto his side to give pets

felt pretty shit about it all night, but the good thing about drunks is that she didn't remember at all come morning.
>>
>>2076353
hit him*
>>
>>2075967
People's rules for their pets in their house are their own thing. When you come into someone else's house, you go by their rules or you leave. Simple as that. If the family doesn't want people to hit their dog, that should be respected. If the woman doesn't like something the dog is doing and can't deal with the way the family chooses to handle it, she should leave.

It's incredibly rude to just go ahead and "discipline" other people's pets, or attempt to order them around, without first being given permission.
>>
I've got a few.

>about 5 years ago
>friend of my older brother's is living with us temporarily
>have old man dog, a bit arthritic, currently with a knee injury from playing too rough with his doggy friend
>dude is petting him and accidentally hurts him
>dog snaps at him because he's in pain and doesn't trust the dude much
>for MONTHS after, the dude will not stop going on about how "everyone gets one" but "next time" he'll beat the shit out of the dog, kill the dog, etc.

Like no. Do not threaten my fucking animals. Not only is that way out of line, but I also found it incredibly rude because the dude is in MY house, which is also the dog's home (and this dog was obviously here first) and he's acting like he's got some sort of entitlement here? Fuck no.
>>
>have dog who is especially wary of strangers
>family of family comes over, brings some shitty kid (~9 years old) with them
>kid is told to leave the dog alone
>kid instead follows the dog around, we have to keep telling him to leave the dog alone
>kid notices that the dog is getting uneasy and growling at him
>instead of leaving the dog alone, he ducks behind a counter, then pops back out and menaces at the dog
>repeats this several times and it's very clearly agitating the dog

I yelled at the kid and he finally left the poor dog alone but damn. Why are kids so mean to animals sometimes? Intentionally harassing/stressing out a dog isn't "all in good fun," it's straight up mean.

Another story about kids being shitty:
>have another dog, she's super sweet but not very used to kids
>brother-in-law's four young kids meet her
>constantly all crowding around her, getting in her face, tugging on her, squealing at her, climbing on her, leaning on her, prodding at her face
>dog is patient but is very clearly overwhelmed and stressed out by this, trying to move away but the kids aren't respecting that
>tell the kids they need to stop NOW and give the dog space
>the kids don't fucking listen, I have to take my dog somewhere they can't get to her

I get that they were just kids excited to see a dog, but parents really need to teach their kids proper etiquette in interacting with dogs, what's ok/not ok to do and to leave the dog alone if it walks away. This is the reason so many kids get bitten by dogs...
>>
>dog isn't allowed on the furniture
>dog has a habit of getting on the futon anyways, so people have to keep telling him to get off
>friend thinks it's hilariously funny to mess with the dog
>scolds the dog to "get off the futon!" when the dog isn't on the futon
>tells the dog to get ON the futon and invites him up, then when he does climb up, immediately scolds the dog to get off the futon
>this pisses the dog off to no end
>friend still thinks it's hilarious
>dog eventually has had enough and puts a hole in the guy's hand

To be fair, he kinda deserved it. Since then, he's treated the dog with much more respect.
>>
>>2076365
Unfortunately, kids just have to learn that crap the hard way. I remember doing stuff like that when I was a kid, and it makes me feel quite ashamed.
>>
>>2076369
I feel like if parents were more educated on dog behavior and knew what signs to look for that indicate stress/avoidance, they could be better equipped to teach their kids what's acceptable or not. Or at least be better at spotting when dog and kid need to be separated if the kid can't learn.

That, and if they weren't in denial about their dog ("oh he's so gentle he'd never bite my baby!" while they ignore the fact that -any- dog can bite if pushed too far) they would run into far less scenarios where the dog bites the kid and it was "completely unpredictable, out of nowhere, unprovoked! He's never done this before!"

So yeah, kids will do stupid stuff, but I think that a lot of it is the fault of the parents. Fuck, a lot of times I see parents encouraging kids to do that crap to dogs because "it's so cute!" and "look how good with kids he is!" Makes me cringe so hard.
>>
>>2076345
Stop begging to act alpha by whacking some else's animal. It is not your animal and unless your life is in danger you have no right to be touching other people's animals. Learn eticate and how to behave, don't be autistic about something so simple. Punch my dog and you'll be punched back twice as hard.
>>
>>2076478
>Stop begging to act alpha
projection

>Punch my dog and you'll be punched back twice as hard.
dude nobody said anything about punching dogs jeez

if your dog jumps all over me because you cant control it or have poorly trained it i'm going to discipline it because you certainly cant

the dog will be better off in the long run
>>
>>2076480
>Thinking a single incident will do a dog any good besides upset it
I know you are just one of those little edgelords that come to this board to shitpost, but this post makes it abundantly clear you have no understanding of how to train or discipline a dog.
>>
>let him bite hair
>played tug of war and growled at him and "let him win" cause "they have to win sometimes"
and the worst was me
>hit puppy after he bit me aggressively and would not let go
that was the end
>>
>>2076497
>I know you are just one of those little edgelords that come to this board to shitpost, but this post makes it abundantly clear you have no understanding of how to train or discipline a dog.

so we should just let it fly let the dog jump all over guests or nip them right?

lets not discipline them we mays well give them treats right because we don't want to hurt the dogs feelings right?
>>
>>2075905
fffffffffffffffffffffffffff jesus christ. I'm a groomer myself and nothing get me angrier than when I hear about groomers being impatient assholes with old dogs.
Some of them are so spoiled by well behaved dogs that they can't handle something that won't stand perfectly in position the entire time.
You don't even fucking need to have the dog standing up to do his nails. If it's old and decrepit you just let them lay down how they like and just hold the paws. Hell, it's usually easier than standing dogs that violently yank their feet away or deliberately lift the other legs so they lose balance and you have to let the foot go.
>>
>>2075842
Maybe you should discipline your mum's friend by hitting him really hard.
>>
>>2076572
Dogs have the minds of about a 4-5 years old, so you treat them like one. You don't reward them for being little shits, you stop them in the act and communicate to them that that's not the way they need to be acting. Multiple ways to do it that don't involve harsh punishment. Some dogs can figure oit that if they act the way you want them to, they get treats. Some dogs do better if they realize that they will not get to be involved in the activity if they keep acting the way they are.

Like with my dog, I give her a '1, 2, outside' warning. If she doesn't calm down by the count of 2, then she gets put outside until the guests leave. It took me no more than three days to teach that and now, the rare times that I say '2', she immediately lays down on the ground and looks at me.

It's not about -not- punishing, it's about relationship building and knowing what you're dog can handle and what they CAN understand and they CAN'T.

I mean, my dogs are not only my property, but they are like my children as well. We build bonds and trust, and if someone comes into MY house and acts like a dick to my friend, they better expect to get chewed out and told to leave.
>>
>>2076345
This post gave me autism.
>>
Not really shitty, but happened the other day:

>walking my 2 doggos
>Shiba Inu and Dachshund
>Pass a guy who is also walking a young dog.
>He stops, pull his dog to his side so it doesn't get excited
>I respect him and cross the street to not agitate anyone
>Get a few meters away
>Lady starts coming up and I stop the dogs
>Dachshund has self control but Shiba doesn't
>Trying to teach my dog to calm down at the sight of strangers
>Lady clearly doesn't realise I don't want her to come near
>she crosses the road, instantly starts talking mish mush to my puppers
>Dachshund snaps, is very wary of strangers
>Shiba jumps all over her trying to get pet.
>She just talking baby talk
>doesn't say anything to me and moves on
>The guy is her next target as I hear more mush spill out from her lips

Ugh. Horrible social experience.
She didn't even ask to pet them or say thank you for petting them
She was so fast I couldn't warn her about my sketchy dachshund even.
>>
I hope you hit her back.
>>
>>2076353
>Have cats
>Family members come around
>Start poking and prodding them, hissing at them, pulling their tails, flicking their faces or shaking them when they are asleep
>Cats avoid eventually learn to avoid anybody and are nervous around anyone who is not me
>Even my friendly tom cat who would melt in your arms and purr like crazy if a stranger picked them became a nervous wreak around strangers
>lol anon cats are evil and anti social, your ones won't even come near me
>Lecture them constantly about annoying the cats and how they should be respectful to my pets
>lol it just a cat
Anytime someone comes over I just lock them in a quiet room. Fair enough if you don't like cats but outright torturing them is no excuse.
>>
>>2076369
Kid is not at fault, it is the shitty parents who stood by and said nothing.
I taught my kids from an early age that animals feel pain and you should gentle with them and love them.
It was not difficult.

Never had a problem related to them and animals. Except for shitty dogs who try to hump them.
>>
>>2076799
>Dogs have the minds of about a 4-5 years old

oh dear its a dog it doesn't think like a child you idiot

sigh i hate the psuedo science shit that is babbled continuously on /an/
>>
>>2076799
>but they are like my children as well

top fucking lel and there we go 'dese are my fur babbies'

you see my dog was smart too smart in fact so when he was being a little shit and got put outside he just barked and barked and barked because he was cunt

he liked treats but not so much that he would be submissive for them

with a dog like that you will quickly realise you have to forcefully man handle him to let him know who's boss because that's all he responded to was force

some dogs cant be bargained with and wont lay down like your lab will just for food or to be let in on the fun

i bet you own a lab or a retriever
>>
>>2076829
you know you can open your mouth right and speak? you can say please don't pet my dogs right?
>>
>>2076964
I kind of was shocked and then she was gone before I could say anything.
>>
In middle school we adopted a dog that was about to be put down, named her Tabitha. Beautiful mix, pretty big too. We kept her in at night but outside on a tie out when she needed it (I was the oldest child and we lived with our grandmother so she couldn't walk her while we were away). Tabitha would occasionally get out but I always chased her down, she was a good dog. One day she's just gone, no where to be seen she was Lovely so we figured someone took her.
A month later our front page talked about a local woman busted for hoarding like a hundred animals in cages and child neglect, etc. One picture of a dog, skinny and obviously past the point of wanting to die. Paper said she had suffered multiple wounds, was starved, and even still had a bullet in her from when she apparently got shot over there. Of course they had to put her down, but my grandma recognized it as Tabotha. She wrote in and the paper put in a special obituary for our dog.
Shit sucks man.
>>
>>2075842
what the fuck

you let someone strike your animal in your own fucking home?
>>
>>2075842
Yeah , kill that bitch.

Dogs are considered property in the eye of the law, tell her if she ever touches your pup again you'll sue her pants off on judge judy.
>>
Lightly bap your dog with a rolled-up newspaper if it does something wrong y/n.
>>
>>2077028
Jesus. I hope that bitch dies in jail.
>>
Not me, but happened to my brother.

>Gets a knock on the door.
>Opens it.
>A couple of chips are going door to door warning people about a recent spate of burglaries.
>Chats with the for a minute or two.
>Meanwhile his dog comes to investigate.
>Brother's dog is a Bull Mastiff x Rhodesian Ridgeback, at about 70kg and his head is mid torso height.
>Dog is completely passive and is honestly the biggest sweetheart I've ever met.
>Cop freaks out and draws his gun on the dog.
>Brother steps in front of him and shouts "If you hurt my dog I will fucking kill you."
>Cops pack up and leave shortly after.
>Their boss comes around later on with beers to apologise.
Such is life in Straya. Metro cops need to stay the fuck out of rural areas.

Also my brother is a lazy alcoholic, but he fucking loves his dog, I legitimately believe he would of tried to kill the cop if it had come to it.
>>
>>2077062
No.
Dogs generally don't give a shit about being hit or are traumatised by it with minimal effect on discipline.

Try pinning for an immediate punishment.
Hold the dog on its side with a hand on its neck. Don't choke it or hurt it, this is a dominant action and dogs instinctively recognise this as a reprimand, whereas they would just recognise a whack on the nose as either playful or you being an arse (depending on how hard you hit).

Also, positive conditioning will always beat out negative conditioning.
>>
>>2076961
>being this much of a cock over training dogs
I have a red-nosed pitbull. The reason they have their "baby-killer" infamy about them is because of how people try to beat them into submission rather than work with them in a non-violent manner. I've never hit my dog and she is obedient enough that I can walk with her around my neighborhood without a leash. The worst that she does is mess up the blinds when I get home from work because she likes to stick her head into the window.
>>
>>2075842
My neighbors let their cats outside
>>
>>2075879
Why don't you train your shitty dog not to jump on the table?
>>
>>2076362
If your dog bites a human it MUST be put down according to law.
>>
>>2076366
Violent dogs must be put down
>>
>>2077191
That is one of the most retarded things I've heard. It isn't required by law to put down the animal if it bites someone because then you will have assholes that will flip shit and go to court if your dog nibbled their arm for attention
>>
>>2077062
Yes it's an effective method
>>
>>2077195
I'd take that dude to court just to spite him
>>
>>2077188
It was a puppy, can you read? I don't know what kind of puppies you've met, but they're still in the process of learning how not to be an asshole fuck.
>>
>>2077164
How would I go about pinning a dog that's 75lbs lean with a mean spirit and a lot of bite? Just out of interest, because I think if I tried that I'd get mauled.
>>
>>2077235
You have to show them that you are the one in control. Grab it by the scruff or put your hand firmly behind its head. My dog was pretty resistant and feisty for a while till I held her head against the sofa and scolded her
>>
>>2077216
So you let your untrained dog get all up in other people's food and then complain when people don't treat your animal like you want them to?
>>
>>2077191
That's not actually true.

If a dog bites someone UNPROVOKED and seriously hurts someone, then yeah, the law gets involved. But it isn't "immediately put down." Most places also have an "aggressive dog" classification that they put on for the first offense where extra precautions and containment are required for the dog by law, as well as wearing a muzzle in public, etc. That's what happens first and if you comply with the extra regulations, nothing else happens. If you don't comply, or if there is a repeat incident, that is when the dog is required to be put down.

>>2077194
It's this kind of attitude that leads to so many bites in the first place. Don't hurt or harass dogs and provoke them to bite, then try to blame it on the dog being "violent." The dog isn't violent, it just had enough of your shit. Expecting dogs to not react no matter how far they are pushed, harassed, or hurt is ridiculous. Show a little respect for a fellow living being.
>>
>>2077161

based alcoholic man.
>>
>>2077317
>bashing someone who was living comfortably in the norm of their own home while it was the old lady who interupted their way of life
No, the lady needs to learn how to control herself. It isn't the owner's fault because the dog was still being trained and it wasn't the dog's fault because it was a pup
>>
>>2077235
My girls are about 80lbs and I had no issue.
The key is to start when they're puppies, just when their mum would have left off.

If your dog isn't trained and it's fully grown, it will take time (one dog I trained thrashed for 20 minutes before it would lay on its side), but once the dog submits the first time, each subsequent case should be much easier.
If your dog is resisting and thrashing, lay your body across theirs and use two hands on their neck. AGAIN - DO NOT CHOKE THE DOG. Your hands are meant to mimick a dominant dog holding it down by the neck.
>>
>>2077381
Yeah, I truly pity anyone who gets between that dog and him.
>>
>>2075857
More than just bones are harmed when you hit someone/something. Even if the dog won't die, it's gonna hurt.
>>
>>2077318
Not either of those guys but that really needed to be said. Not including feral or attack dogs, pretty much any incident where a dog bites someone aggressively is a failure in understanding the dog's state of mind. They're usually incredibly easily read. That's why it's always little kids and people who already hated dogs in the first place that seem to get on the news for these "vicious attacks". Worse of all is how hard it's hit pitbulls as a breed. All the stupid news coverage a few years back basically distilled the animal shelter I used to visit into a pitbull shelter. Some of them were so sweet, too!
>>
>>2077161
That's a good story to sleep on. Thank you.
>>
File: 1457340658826.png (360 KB, 524x480) Image search: [Google]
1457340658826.png
360 KB, 524x480
>be 14
>2009
>petsmart opens in podunk, nowhere by my house
>green pacman frog on sale
>i check on him every few days when i buy crickets for my other pets
>read into pacmans
>after two years he's still in that sad little carrier tank, somewhat bigger but otherewise just as mad as ever
>finally cave and get a new tank for him
>so excited to finally liberate the little bastard
>put his tank at my dad's house
>a week later, school grades drop and dad locks the door to his house so i don't play video games on his computers while he's gone
>he says he'll take care of the frog
>that weekend i visit to see the tank completely dry
>dead frog was so dry he didn't even give off a smell
>>
File: 1457041184213.jpg (407 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1457041184213.jpg
407 KB, 746x982
>>2077641
>2006
>have a few hermit crabs
>one of them is fucking genius
>on multiple occasions i caught him climbing up the tank's glued corners
>one night hermit crab makes a break for it
>climbed up one of the adhesive corners of the terrarium
>lifts the admittedly very light lid
>gets out
>look everywhere for him fruitlessly
>he must be molting or something
>ONE WEEK LATER
>swimming in the backyard pool
>bump toe on something big underwater
>dead hermit crab
>only have time to put him in a box by his shell he dropped before death before i'm rushed out the door to visit dad for the weekend
>come back two days later
>his dead body is wearing the shell now
>i tell mom and she explains that she actually saw it moving around in the box the day before
>it was ice cold so she put it under a heat lamp
>she forgets it and it dries out under the blazing heat
>that's how it finally, officially passed away
She killed a fucking war hero.
>>
>>2077646
Also trust me, dead hermit crabs are fucking impossible to put back in the shell. She was telling the truth.
That hermit crab survived a four-foot fall from the tank to the floor, a week of cold, dry AC, no food or water for god knows how long in that week, and upwards of a solid day in a chlorinated, bleached swimming pool, just to be killed in a shoebox under a heatlamp. He was so close to safety.
This was the weirdest and most frustrating moment of my childhood.
>>
>>2077062
My dog pisses himself and runs when I lift up a newspaper or open one up, or if he hears something that sounds like a newspaper opening like a map or yellow pages.

So idk
>>
>>2075857
the human skull is denser than steak, so beating your head with a meat tenderizer won't really do much.
>>
>>2077787
>hitting dogs is ok
>except i can't look at a coupon unless my dog is wearing a diaper

what a fucking life you live
>>
>>2077787
i just lightly slap the back of my dogs head (lightly enough that i know it doesnt really hurt him) when he does something bad.
I nudge him with my leg, sometimes agressively, when he does something really bad, like, trying to rush into fight with someone elses dog or smth.

Even then i do it very fast so the pain is quick, kinda like when dog packs quickly bite and release when another dog in the pack is unbehaving.

I make sure to look him in the eyes first though, since he usually starts leaning on me and starts looking down, as a way of saying sorry.

The first sorry is accepted, the second one isnt.This has worked pretty well for both of my dogs, they are all very sociable and happy, but well behaved.
I honestly think that not ''hitting'' (although that kinda the bad word) is not actually helpful, dogs are kinetic animals, they react to contact, not verbal abuse.If you just shout at the dog, unless you did it at the perfect moment, very quickly and very sharply (almost like a bark) the dog will ignore it %90 of the time.
Almost all of the dogs that i have met that was brought up like that were spoiled.
>>
File: 1456685685087.png (892 KB, 1080x1077) Image search: [Google]
1456685685087.png
892 KB, 1080x1077
It's honestly not BAD per say, but super fucking annoying.

>Working on getting cat used to baths and making good progress
>he doesn't like it, but doesn't freak out this time
>so finish up the bath, towel the cat off and give him a treat before letting him down to go do his own thing
>Mother in law comes out and starts cooing at the cat and saying 'poor baby'
>don't really care cause its kind of funny, but then she picks the cat up and hugs him close to her chest
>Cats too nice to hiss or growl, so he cries instead, obviously wanting down
>"anon, you should let him dry off before you hold him, he's not comfortable right now"
>"I know, he's crying!"
>She continues to squeaze him to her and rock him like a baby
>"anon he's crying because he wants down"
>She completely ignores me
>Get pissed and firmly say her name and tell her to "put the cat down"
>She huffs and lets him down then proceeds to walk to the bathroom, mumbling curses, and slams the door like a child
>cat hides from her the rest of the day

Shitty thing is most of the time she acts like an adult and its taken me almost 4 years to realize how much of a narcissistic bitch she is because she hides it pretty well.
>>
>>2079239
Why are you living with your mother in law?
>>
>>2075842
Any time she hits your dog you should hit her
>>
>>2077235
How about by being a 150lb+ highly intelligent(compared to the dog anyway, hopefully) tool wielding animal with much more mobility and grasping options than a dog has.
If people were consistently btfo by dumber animals less than half their size we wouldn't have survived and evolved as far as we have
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-27-09-01-20.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-27-09-01-20.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>2075842
I fucking hate when my dog is in my jeep at the gas station, and parents let their kids just walk up stick their hands in my car to pet my dog.
My dog is very obedient, she is trained, but I honestly can't say 100% that she wouldn't ever bite somebody. Especially for that.
>>
>>2075879
You and your father are passive little pussies.
>>
Next door neighbour chucks stones at our cat if it goes in their garden.
>>
>>2079614

That's 100% your fault.
>>
>>2079500
I'm not, but why is it any of your business if I was?
>>
>>2079521
What the fuck? If you catch people doing that tell them to get the fuck away from you truck, that's not ok Jesus christ. How fucking stupid are they?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-11-17-21-59.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-11-17-21-59.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
>>2079648
Small town mentality I guess. It doesn't happen everytime of course, but enough to remember. Kids love dogs and want to pet them, an open jeep is convenient. I understand why it happens, I just don't like that it does.
>>
>all these fucking redditors ITT
It's okay to hit a dog, they barely feel it.
>>
>>2079683
>le disagreeing opinion = reddit tricky hook post
ebin
>>
>>2079667
From a small town eh?

Do people try and feed your dog random treats as well?
>>
>>2079683
The difference is hitting someone else's dog. Read the thread.
Also if we can act like everyone with a differing opinion is from elsewhere, fuck off back to 9gag.
>>
>>2079644
If she was living in your house and being a cunt, you should have kicked her out since you would have been doing her a favor by letting her live there

If you fuck with my animals you better get the fuck out my house before I throw a steak knife at you. I love my MIL but I would still hurt her if she messed with my pets
>>
>>2079697
Not that guy but yes.

The worst is when they try to feed them something poisonous like their leftovers full of onions and garlic. God forbid you tell them that they can't feed that to any dog much less yours cuz "I feed my dog onions and grapes all the time!" And that's why they are all lucky to live to the ripe old age of 4
>>
>>2077845
read the post again
he was saying it's not okay to hit dogs

>>2079690
this
>>
When I was 12, my stepdad kicked my dog in the chest. We had to take him in for a collapsed lung 2 days later. I punched him in the face and called him a nigger ((hes white, i started coming to 4chan that year)).

Glad I'm 21 now and have my own place.
>>
>>2079683
Hitting a dog is fucking useless as a disciplinary measure, though. Grab them by the scruff and tell them off, or better yet preempt bad behaviour and warn them beforehand.

The only time I've ever hit a dog was kicking an off-leash husky after it ran 50 metres just to attack our 11 year old collie/lab mix.
>>
When I lived at home still a friend of my moms let her daughter try to ride my akita like a horse.
Girl was like 8 so ended up hurting my dog and she bit the girl on the lip and she required 3 stitches.
Luckily the mom wasnt even more retarded and didnt try to take any action against my dog or I wouldve shot her and her brat.

Other than that incident and the occasional drunk faggot stomping at her most people left my dog alone because I'd tell them to fuck off if they even looked at her funny.

My sister in law did show her guinea pigs to the neighbors huskies and they ended up shredding them infront of like 12 kids though. She thought that theyd be nice since my dog treated them like puppies.
>>
>>2075842
>at dog park with my Australian Shepard
>he was the runt and is very mellow/non confrontational
>one persons dog starts biting him and pinning him
>then he starts getting raped
>I step in and separate them
>"awwww they were just playing"

No fuck you lady I'm not gonna let my dog get hurt because you can't control your dog.
>>
>mom sees me "hit" my dog
>yells at me to stop terrorizing my dog
>dogs comes up for more
>dog enjoys it
>>
>>2079667
I'd slap a
>Danger dog will bite
Sign onto your Jeep.
Though it may not work. I have a dog who bites strangers, I know it is a hazard to keep a dog who bites but his previous owners abused him and he was not socialized properly.
Hes a wired haired german pointer they are not fond of other animals or strangers.
Anyways I have huge big signs all over my house that say DANGER DOG WILL BITE with a picture of an aggressive dog and I also keep my gate shut.

Still I have had vistors and people trying to sell shit, hope my fence and walk up my front door. A lot of close calls, I even had one dumb bitch tell me she thought the signs were just a laugh.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-12-14-20-04.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-12-14-20-04.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>2079697
Popcorn at Rural King. They give that shit away for free, so people are always sneaking it to her when we are in there.
>>2079827
A sign is a good idea anon. If it happened more I would consider it. I should probably put one up at home however, she acts completely different on her "territory" than when we are out in public. She is more wary of strangers and especially doesn't like any other animal on her turf.
The problem with people sticking hands in my jeep to pet her doesn't really happen that often, but I thought it was definitely relative to the thread.
>>
>>2075898
You're some little bitch angsty teenager who threw a temper tantrum. I bet you're a virgin
>>
>College is 2 hours away but the apartment I'm renting is being renovated so I have to stay at the dorms
>Dorms don't allow pets, so I leave my cat with my mom to take care of him until I can move into my apartment
>Tell her not to let him outside. Give her his leash and harness. I don't expect her to actually take him outside on it but I hope giving it to her will make her think about it when he meows at the door
>Come back 3 weeks later to pick him up, he has ticks and tapeworms
>"Come on Anon. He kept meowing to go outside. How could I say no?"
She cleaned his litter box maybe twice the entire time he was there as well. She payed for his treatment at least. I have no idea how she managed to raise me without killing me
>>
>>2080030
>she acts completely different on her "territory" than when we are out in public.
Same as my German pointer, anywhere else but home he is a timid gent. If I bring him walking, to the vet or another person house he ignores everything unless they approach and acts friendly.
Biggest shock of my life was bringing him to the local groomer. I went to collect him and found him with a pink bow following the groomer around the shop like a puppy, she told me he was a gentlemen and it was so nice to get a dog in who was not a yappy little shit that would bite her.
>>
>>2075842
my neighbors liked to party and when they did our dogs would bark at them (from our fenced yard).

I would often find pellets in our yard and inform my parents, but nothing ever really happened. I dont know if it was because I was a kid and my opinion didn't matter or if my parents realized the cops probably wouldn't do much anyhow.

As things go, my favorite dog eventually died of blood poisoning, and the vets found a pellet close to her heart.

Though our cats just jumped over the fence, it was quite sickening to find one swollen with maggots in the garage (also a pellet-related death).

When people say pellets are harmless, I want to slap them.
>>
>>2080342
Pellets?
>>
How about shitty things pets have done to me?
>be four years old
>be at small get together family have with friends where they wreck cars
>is the most car fun I've ever had
>friends have a yellow lab that parents to this day swear had amazing temperament
>parents also Say owners were very nice people even though I haven't seen them since
>they said I even patted it and laughed
>while they're off wrecking cars and taking I'm 2 feet away playing with rocks in the driveway because I'm four
Now this part I remember very vividly, in fact there's a good chance I'll never forget it
>look up
>golden lab four feet away
>it's eye level with me and snarling
>back away because that's some really scary shit man
>dog launches at me and goes NATO on my face
>parents notice and leap at dog, screaming for others and pulling it off
>dad takes off this hat I was wearing with plastic insert
This is his account
>your forehead was a fucking wreck anon, I've never seen shit like that before
>you had a vein exposed that was pissing blood and I freaked and stuck my finger in to stop it
>dog was still trying to get at you do your mother kicked it away until somebody apprehended it
I feel no sympathy for my mother kicking the dog away, just a footnote for any fucking retards saying "oh that's just wrong anon"
>we got out of there as soon as we could, we had a towel on your head that was nearly soaked through after a few minutes
>I was so fucking scared for your life anon, I was gunning it down the motorway as fast as I could, 180Kph, hazard lights on and sounding the horn.
It's by a miracle and the plastic insert on that hat that I didn't die to that dog, it's by another miracle that a German plastic surgeon was at the hospital when I came in and he performed on me.
>>
>>2080842
Cont.
Current year:
>as a result of the surgery I'm not ugly but have a scar across my eyebrow and forehead that looks like a natural crease.
>left with very deep seated fear of being eye height with any dog
>will panic and say "get it the fuck away" if any dog tries to lick my face
I don't think I'll ever be able to own a dog because of that, I'm sure it'll sense that In some way or other their owner is terrified of them. I also don't buy the "its just bad owners" argument because of this, my parents swear black and blue that these owners were amazing people and their dog was well behaved.
>>
>>2080844
>small get together family have with friends where they wreck cars
>my parents swear black and blue that these owners were amazing people
Both your parents and those people are human trash.
>>
>>2080861
Cheers anon
>>
>>2080842
>>2080844

Find out where those people live, and go kill their fucking dog. Shoot it, poison it, whatever. Don't feel bad because you're most likely saving a child's life. Your parents can say whatever they want, those people are obviously terrible owners and something in the dogs environment made it think this was ok.

Kill every pet they have andaybe burn the house down for good measure.
>>
>>2080897
Forgot to mention that the dog was put down, my parents were furious about the ordeal and didn't waste time letting authorities know about it.

I wish those people no ill will
>>
>>2075842
You're right, you should just let your pets do anything they like with no consequences. Let them shit all over your bed. In fact if they do shit in your bed, you shouldn't even clean it up. Lay in the shit. And treat your pet.
>>
>>2080819
yes, the multicolored ones that come in plastic and metal varieties. used in pellet guns.
>>
For an animal board I'm fucking amazed by the sheer number of people on here who have absolutely NO IDEA about owning a pet. Discipline is a fact of life, not just for humans, animals too. You use discipline to get acceptable behaviour, a form of respect between owner and pet. People who don't understand this and try to justify their awful ownership skills should frankly hand over their pets asap. Carrying on letting animals rule in homes is absolutely ridiculous and totally unnecessary. Reminds me of these ridiculous shows with terribly behaved cats or dogs and they get experts in to help. The freaks on these shows that everyone laughs at are literally the types of people posting in this thread. Fucking shameful.
>>
>>2077194
Fucking this
>>
>>2076478
Yeah? Then I'll kick your fucking teeth down your throat so hard your pooch which be sucking then out of your asshole for a week, you jumped up little nonce
>>
>>2081052
>discipline = physically beating your pet
absolutely epic
>>
>>2080280
>cat harness

Oh my fucking god, if I ever saw you and your nancy cat in public I would fucking call you out so bad. What a little princess you are.
>>
>>2081060
Please humour me and find where in my post I mention ANYTHING about physical violence towards an animal. You stupid condescending little prick.
>>
>>2081063
shit, I guess I misread it, never mind then
>>
>goes into your house
>hits your dog
I would have thrown them out.
>>
>>2075879

You should have hit that bitch in the cunt
>>
>>2081063
I think it was more the context of your post because in the OP, physical violence towards an animal was mentioned, an a large portion of the posts in this thread were arguing over that point. So it may have come across that that is what you meant.

If that wasn't what you meant by discipline, what did you mean? Because I don't see a bunch of people in this thread "letting animals rule" and having undisciplined pets? Just people saying that it's not ok for people to hit other peoples' pets when expressly told not to.
>>
>>2075842
I someone hurts my animals, I would immediately kick then out.
honestly I'd rather go to jail for beating the crap out of them than to let them get away unharmed.
Also, I would never let them into my house again.. even it was once my best friend
Sounds cruel, but that's the way I think. I have a deep disgust for people who do such things
>>
>>2076345
you are full of shit.
Comparing completely different things, idiot.
Seriously, please think before you post such stupid things

But I agree with you on one point:
the owners should control their dog so it doesn't bothers guests. But OP clearly did. Please keep in mind the dog was only 4 months old at that time
>>
>>2076361
exactly that
>>
>Be me before losing faith in humanity.
>Invite friend over for pizza and vidya
>He shows up with his stupid inner city nig nog friend.
>"He wanted to come along."
"Fine fine."
>Not like I can just kick out a friend of my bro.
>He just wanted free pizza.
>About an hour later. My bro and I are playing vidya while nig nog is sitting on my couch.
>"You have a cat?"
>I turn around to see him grab my cat and start holding him upside down like a baby.
>My cat is really chill and never really scratches or bites. He just meows and wiggles around.
>Meower is obviously not happy. Tail flinging around, meowing, and squirming like an earthworm.
>Cat is literally screaming "Noooo".
https://youtu.be/PM5BCjNswd0
>"Ha ha ha what is with this cat?"
"Dude let him go!"
>"He isn't hurting him chill out."
>Really nigga.jpeg
>Nig nog tries to rub his belly.
>Cat bites his nose and runs.
>This asshole jumps up, chases my cat and tries to kick him as he hides under a chair.
>Reminder that this guy doesn't know me and is only here because bro brought him along.
>He starts moving the furniture tring to get at the cat while swearing and screaming.
"Get the fuck out of my house!"
>Angry nig nog's attention is brought to me.
>"Your fucking cat bit me!"
"I don't give a shit! Get out."
>Yelling back and forth goes on a bit before he leaves.
>Bro is mad that I threw him out and tries to defend him.
>"You shouldn't let your cat act like that."
>He is lucky I didn't shoot his ass.
>I later find out that nig nog sells bro weed on weekends.
>Nig nog gets arrested a few weeks later for armed robbery.
>Regret not shooting him.

What the fuck is wrong with people.
>>
>>2081336
Archive please, 10/10 story.

My grandfather picked up my cat by its tail once and my dad having seen that walked up to him and punched him right in the jaw.
>>
>>2079518
>150
Fatty
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.