[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My hamster :3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160304_101943.jpg (76 KB, 706x913) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160304_101943.jpg
76 KB, 706x913
My hamster :3
>>
>>2075129

Thats a pretty small cage anon.

I hope he has a box he can snuggle into and bury himself in paper crinkles so he can nap in the day time.

I also sure hope you give him an hour of walk around time
>>
File: hamster twingo.jpg (121 KB, 478x469) Image search: [Google]
hamster twingo.jpg
121 KB, 478x469
>muh cross posting
>>
>>2075132
>Thats a pretty small cage anon
I thought I was getting a small hanster, turns out it has grown fuckhuge. I'm looking to buy a bigger cage when I have the money.
I gave him 2 tissues that I rubbed in my hands so he has my smell when he sleeps, he made a cozy bed with them.
I have a ball so he can walk around my room, but lately I couldn't find enough time for him. He still doesn't want to go on my hand after 6 months, when I give him snacks he just takes it and snuggles in his bed :c
Also, /hamster/ general?
>>
>>2075158
I'm thinking about getting a hamster. About how much does it cost a month to take care of yours, not including the cage/hamster itself? As far as food/bedding/treats/etc.
>>
File: image_7.jpg (42 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
42 KB, 960x540
>>2076174
It's very, very cheap. You can buy luxury food and snacks for him, but you don't have to.
I get the bedding for free, I just go to my local sawmill with a big box and they give me all sawdust I want. Buying the bedding is cheap as well, in Poland I buy a big bag of hamster-dedicated bedding for around 3€ and it lasts 1 to 2 months, depending on how often you change it.
As far as food goes, I buy Versele Laga Hamster&Gerbil Complete. It costs 4€ for a 500g bag, and it lasts me a very long time. I buy snacks from the same brand and they're cheap as well, they have delicious apple-flavoured cookies with vitamins and all. I've eaten one and they taste well. You can buy other snacks like dried banana slices, or just buy non-salted sunflower seeds.
Overall, it's really cheap. 8-10€ a month should be more than enough, depends on your local prices, but it can be even cheaper. The most important thing is DON'T CHEAP OUT ON THE CAGE. Especially if you buy a golden/Syrian hamster, I have one and it got too big for his cage.
Also, start very slowly with taming the hummy, they can get scared easily, especially when young. Rub your hands on a tissue and give it to the hamster, so it will make a cozy bed from it and sleep with your smell. Give him snacks from your hand and let him smell it.
:3
>>
Sawdust will kill your hamster bro
>>
>>2076560
No, it won't. It's the same thing as bedding from a store. I get rid of all the tiny bits and dust.
>>
Been trying to tame my syrian hamster but she doesn't seem to like me much. 3 weeks of taming haven't done a thing so far.
>>
I was at pet shop another day and I saw a hamster clinging to the celling with its front paws and circling across the ceiling without getting down until it made several laps. Is it normal hamster behaviour?
>>
>cutest pet ever
>dies in 2 years

God is cruel.
>>
>>2076560
>>2076601
It depends on what kind of sawdust.
If its aspen you're fine, but if its softwood like pine or cedar then stop buying it.
>>
>>2077593
Monkey baring is normal behavior when the said hamster is in a small cage. He's just bored out of his mind.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.