[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys cope with losing your pets? My pupper (pic related)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: bailey.jpg (525 KB, 2048x1228) Image search: [Google]
bailey.jpg
525 KB, 2048x1228
How do you guys cope with losing your pets?

My pupper (pic related) passed away back in October and would have been 15 today.
It doesn't help that my uncle had to put down his dog yesterday and I keep having dreams of playing around with my dog even though he's no longer here.

I thought I had it under control but now I keep getting a mixture of excitement and depression whenever I think of him (and his brother who passed away 4 years ago).
>>
When my dog dies, I'll just adopt another one. I'll be sad as fuck but it will also open up more time and energy for another dog that really needs a home. In return I get a new companion, something to distract me and keep me on schedule for responsibilities(such as walking the dog keeps me outside more).

I still have dreams of a dog I had 17 years ago who was hit by a car. Its always the same shit too, where I think I have her back or have to 'save' her through nightmarish bullshit or in the dream I remember she's gone and that this is a dream so I try to appreciate it. But at that realization she keeps getting farther and farther away. Either way it fucks me up in the morning.
>>
File: IMG_6.jpg (127 KB, 604x402) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6.jpg
127 KB, 604x402
>>2074373
We recently had to put one of our dogs down. He was 9, and him and our other dog were practically like brothers.

It happened recently, so I guess it's more expected that I still have dreams about him. But it's weird. While I'm sad and I feel like it wasn't fair, it's cliche as fuck but I'm mostly happy he was in my life to begin with. If I'd known all the adventures we'd get into, ending with his emotionally painful end, the day we adopted him, I'd choose to adopt him a million times. He's more than worth the pain I'm going through right now.
>>
All pets get old. All pets die.

You remember them for the time you had.
>>
File: 1416798314803.jpg (211 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1416798314803.jpg
211 KB, 1024x1024
A cat of mine died a week ago. Her name was Kraut.
She passed out or went into a coma or something, and then she stopped breathing...
I had a dream last night she was hanging out and said what's up to me, and then I pet her and played with her.

I buried her in the backyard and put an old car battery on top of her grave so critters don't come and dig her up.
I miss her
>>
>>2074373
It helps if you remember the great times instead of focusing on the loss, anon. Keep looking ahead and make new memories.
>>
It's rough. I had to give my pup the shot on Monday. I was glad to be able to watch him fall asleep. 12 year old Yorkie. He lived a good, happy life. My advice is to remember the stories. I'm put his collar tag around my gearshifter and he's getting cremated. His urn and pic will sit next to the pics of my other family that have passed. Just me now, but I'm okay. You eventually will be too. Just remember that it's okay to be sad about it. They are a best friends. They deserve a few tears.
>>
>>2074373
I buy a new one.
>>
>>2074373
Christopher?
>>
Liquor, crying, and video games until my soul has been sanded down into a smooth dull stone.
>>
When my cat died I was honestly kind of relieved I didn't have to watch him suffer and slowly deteriorate any more.
>>
>>2074396
>When my dog dies, I'll just adopt another one.
Are you a grill?
>>
>>2074373
As corny as it sounds one day at a time.
My dog has been dead 2 years now, every now and then I still see him walking towards my bedroom in the corner of my eye to check up on me at the computer, or I wake up and see the time and think "oh fuck, I really need to walk the dog it's late, I overslept".

Sometimes I even throw a bread crust under the living room table for the dog to eat etc.

As time passes you start to remember your friend for the good times, and not just the loss and loneliness.
>>
>>2075446
I keep getting that too, like I wake up and think I forgot to let my dog outside.
>>
It's just a dog, who gives a shit?
>>
>>2074373
its just another whole in my heart one of many and nothing will fill it again

its been a couple of years i want to get a new dog but my circumstances don't allow it

oh well i just turn to drinking
>>
>>2076974
Why are you even on this board
>>
>>2074373
My dog passed away last November
he had a tumor inside that was pushing his stomach and intestines in the wrong area

Last night i have a dream about him
he was my best friend

[spoiler] I miss you Spaz [/spoiler]
>>
File: 1328113944915.png (273 KB, 408x455) Image search: [Google]
1328113944915.png
273 KB, 408x455
>had lotsa animals of all kinds when i was a kid and start of puberty
>during teenage years, i'm only left with two dogs
>one a regular-sized black one, the other a pretty small brown one, both are mixed races and both females
>small one passes away
>we get a female pitbull, about 1 or 2 years old
>she gets on a fight with the black one and leaves her almost dead, since the black one was too jealous/territorial(she killed one of the pitbull's puppers and was always watching them closely, while also growling at the mother), and nobody was home to stop the fight
>pitbull gets puppers, we keep a female puppy
>three-four years after the puppy was born, both mother and child catch leishmaniahsis
>child dies first, mother is left in such a sorry state that putting her down was the best option
>get a 5-yo male pitbull a month later
>half a year later, he also catches leishmaniahsis
>after 4 months, putting it down also seems like the best option to end the suffering of everyone
>2-3 months pass, we get gifted a 1-month old pupper, since we were looking for a new one and one of my dad's clients(he's a vet) gave him one for free due to having 10 other puppers to take care of
>three days after getting here, the black dog bites the pupper in the neck and tries to sit on top of her when my dad goes to retrieve her
>a couple of days pass, and since she was in so much pain; and my dad doesn't help; my pharmacist mom gives the pupper some ibuprofen
>for 3 days, it calms her down and acts like a normal puppy
>today
>she can barely stand on her own, and when we leave her alone, we hear her sad cries due to not being able to control her own body and being left alone
>mfw every new dog is dying sooner than the last one
>and the black one is still fine and happy

My dad already injected her with something to cleanse her in case of intoxication, but i kinda accepted her loss already.

It's like you just accept that it can't be helped, after a while.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.