[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is going to sound really fucking retarded, but how/can I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (2 MB, 1880x2076) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2 MB, 1880x2076
This is going to sound really fucking retarded, but how/can I mentally communicate with animals? There's a red tailed hawk at work that isn't showing any signs of recovering from his neurological issues (he was hit by a car), and my boss will be having him euthanized on Wednesday.

I would just like to say goodbye.
>>
Just give it a good petting and speak softly to it I guess. Not sure if doing that with a red tail hawk is advisable though.
>>
>>2058237
I would do that but I haven't been working for Jaye for very long, and she hasn't taught me how to handle beyond glove trained birds.
>>
>>2058228
Contact your local falconry association.
>>
>>2058252
I work at a raptor center.
>>
>neurological issues

Are we talking nerve damage or just behavioral issues?
>>
well talking to it and petting it will likely scare it, unless it's very very tame and knows you well

but if it will put your mind at ease, go for it

just do it slowly and quietly
>>
A hawk doesn't understand the concept of "goodbye" or any kind of affection at all.
>>
>>2058586
Okay bugguy
>>
>>2058586
This. If anything, petting it will stress it out.
>>
>>2058599
This is just common sense. I would never attempt anything like that, really anything without my bosses say so and supervision. That's why I was looking for an alternative form of contact however outlandish that might be.And by neurological issue, I meant nerve damage. He can no longer move his feet.
>>
>>2058602
I'm afraid that seeing goodbye is kind of a human concept that doesn't apply to a hawk.

If you want to help it, try and make it's life as comfortable as possible before wednesday.
>>
>>2058646
Feed it an amazing meal maybe
>>
>>2058648
This OP. If I was paralyzed and sentenced to death. My last wish would be to tap some asian ass or have a good meal. You don't have any slutty asian birds do you, OP? Then go with the meal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.