[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you queers know so much about animals, then you can tell me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: 1454006225776.jpg (163 KB, 908x600) Image search: [Google]
1454006225776.jpg
163 KB, 908x600
If you queers know so much about animals, then you can tell me what happened to this deer
>>
Cancer?
>>
>>2050052
I think it's something like ticks. Assjack.
>>
>>2050052
tumors caused by long term radiation exposure
>>
>>2050052
Soft fatty tumors. We have them on deer here in Michigan.
>>
>>2050052
That's obviously a skinwalker whos current skin is degrading. I bet whoever took that picture was captured, skinned alive, and the skinwalker is now wearing a human suit.
>>
All you had to do was google that exact picture you stupid fucking homo.

http://www.wittyfeed.com/story/9663/these-weird-things-on-deer-are-worse-than-what-they-appear-to-be
>>
>>2050052
Aids
>>
He's part of the flying dutchman crew duh
>>
>>2050109
lol
>>
>>2050052
Got jumped on by snails
>>
muslims gave her aids
>>
>>2050109
I smirked/10
>>
File: 3503396.jpg (24 KB, 509x377) Image search: [Google]
3503396.jpg
24 KB, 509x377
>>2050083
oddly enough when I googled it I got "explosive decompression human"
also that article is giving me mixed signals
>it's worse than you think
>they're harmless
>they obstruct vision
>>
>>2050736
It's really badly written clickbait.
>>
>fibromatosis

Blegh. My little brother has neurofibromatosis. His tumors aren't nearly as hideous and mostly subdermal, but his body is...kind of lumpy. Mostly his torso.

Never even wondered if other animals get that shit. Guess it makes sense that they do.
>>
File: deer fibromas.jpg (336 KB, 720x457) Image search: [Google]
deer fibromas.jpg
336 KB, 720x457
>>2050083
>I have no mouth and I must scream
>>
Infectious cancers.
>>
>>2050801
>>2050052
Where the hell are the predators that would pick these poor creatures off and put them out of their misery?

Fucking idiot PETA fags saying hunting should be banned. This is exactly why an apex predator is necessary for the health and prosperity of an ecosystem. Be it animal, or human.
>>
>>2051525
Don't some predators have the ability to sense that something is tremendously wrong with the prey, and thus leave it alone?
>>
>>2051525
Coyotes are coming back to california.
Are there any apex predators that aren't man-eaters, but could take down a deer?
>>
>>2051600

Most animals aren't man-eaters generally, but any large predator could possibly kill a human.

Wolves generally don't eat people. But they can.

The only large predator I know of that's fully capable of killing humans but doesn't is the killer whale. And it's possible some people have been killed by them--it's just never been documented.
>>
it's herpes

definitely is/could become cancer
>>
Make us whole.
>>
>>2050052
If I remember correctly, it is a type of herpes that deer can get. It usually isn't life threatening so long as the eyes, nose or mouth doesn't become obstructed. Supposedly the meat is safe to eat too.
>>
>>2051618
>>2051600
Humans eat enough meat in their diet that other predators can smell it in our scent, recognize us as fellow predators, and leave us alone. That's why if you're having problems with dogs digging holes in/out of your yard, you can usually prevent this just by having a large physically active man urinate in that spot on a regular basis.

Only when things are drastically wrong do any predators deliberately hunt humans. Almost every man killing lion from Africa, for instance, had some kind of dental problem that prevented them from hunting zebra and such, because of their tough hides. So out of desperation due to starvation, they take out any random human they stumble across, realize how much easier it is to get through our soft hides, then stick to humans as their main prey from then on.
>>
>>2050058

such is life in the zone
>>
>>2051618
>The only large predator I know of that's fully capable of killing humans but doesn't is the killer whale

Tilikum
>>
>>2051639
Altman pls go
>>
>>2051675

Fair enough. I should have specified that killer whales *in the wild* don't kill people--or at least, it's never been documented.
>>
>>2050062
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>2051918
that's because they're so good at it that they don't leave witnesses anon
>>
>>2050052
Flood
>>
>>2050052
Those are warts
>>
>>2051918
That's because people don't hang out in the water around the wild orcas that eat mammals.
>>
>>2052185
fuck

makes sense.
>>
>>2051675
Didn't kill for food, just for fun.
>>
>>2051942
Heeelp meeeee
>>
>>2052344
2005 pls go
>>
>>2051618
That one killer whale killed its trainer a few years back.
Dragged her in by her ponytail and drowned her.
>>
>>2051600
I'm about 10 miles across the border into oregon, and I hear coyotes on a semi-regular basis at night.
>>
>>2050801
>>2050052
Stop hunting in Chernobyl.
>>
>>2050055
You're not calling me assjack, right? Because I will destroy you easily.
>>
>>2051525
I think you'll find that people (the non-PETA ones) killed all the apex predators - and the 2nd-tier predators - and the 3rd tier...
What? HUMANS as the apex predator? This is what is wrong with most of the natural world: humans.
>>
>>2057023
There is nothing wrong with humans being the apex predators, chimps are also the apex predator in their habitat.
>>
>>2051525
>Where the hell are the predators that would pick these poor creatures off and put them out of their misery?

>implying any non-human is capable of wanting to die
>>
>>2051675
Years of being trapped in what amounts to a bathtub with little to no social interaction with his own species turned him into a violent psychopath. It's like saying that all humans kill each other and rape the bodies just because Ted Bundy did it
>>
>>2055521
Don't be a retarded infant, holy shit.

>>2057048
Chimps are not apex predators.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1066x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1066x800
>>2051525
Well we have cyoytes, bears, Cougars, and recently wolves again but we are hunting those too. So generally hunting that doesn't help, deer maybe but prey is more numerous plus you have to remember from domesticated dogs, some animals can sense sickness and injuries though smell that hunter won't see. So without natural apex predators, those deer with not obvious weakness can breed and pass insueffecient genes/mutations or spread disease among the heard.
>>
>>2051575
Yes and no. Some time the sick with the weak, young, and injured are ideal. Easier to kill with less effort and likelihood for injury.
Other times they avoid sick animals like... Well.. A plunge. It varies
>>
>>2057546
*a plague...

Sorry spellcheck
>>
>>2050052
death mushrooms. they grow on you if you fall asleep near them in the forests
>>
It's neurofibromatosis for those wondering
>>
>>2057491
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apex_predators
>smarter than anything around it by a mile
>strong as fuck
>large packs for defence, small troops for hunting and tribal warfare
>tool use, including javelins, stones, clubs and stolen machetes
>not apex predator

And no, being occasionally eaten by a leopard or a croc doesn't make them any less dominant on their territories, humans also are eaten by other animals and only a rabid retard would argue that that makes bears the true alpha predator on earth.
>>
>>2051648
>Humans eat enough meat in their diet that other predators can smell it in our scent
Wait, so vegans are then seen as prey and would get devoured by animals that normally wouldn't touch them?
>>
>>2057641
they aren't predators.

2-3% of their diet comes from meat.

about the same as cows and horses.
>>
>>2050052
That's the deer from the 100
>>
>>2057774
Free to have your usual autistic /an/ contrarian position, just be aware that they are apex predators according to the actual definition of the term (which you should look up).
>>
>>2057792
>contrarian position,
the percentage of meat in their diet isn't a "position."

an animal that eats 98% plant matter isn't an apex predator by any definition you choose.

go ahead and keep arguing, but keep in mind that you're wrong and every time you open your mouth you call more attention to your error.
>>
This https://youtu.be/lsxDm8U3vZc b
>>
>>2050052
Thats some Last of Us shit.
>>
>>2057802
There is no argument here.
I just showed you the wikipedia page and invited you to research the definition of the term.
>>
>>2057877

You have a point.

That list has "common chimpanzee" listed as an apex predator.
>>
>>2057896
it also has no citations and a talk page that says chimps aren't apex predators.
>>
>>2057765
If they are stupid enough to wind up all alone in the middle of a forest/jungle with a healthy ecosystem that supports lots of predators large enough to take down a full grown human, then yes.
>>
>>2051942
>beep beep motherfucker

Skinwalker, please. You don't fool me. Get off the internet.
>>
>>2057641
The difference is that predation is a significant percentage of how they die.

If a decent percentage of people died from being eaten by bears, I would definitely argue we aren't the apex predators. I do like though how you linked something entirely contrary to what you posted. It doesn't even list chimps and the definition given there definitely excludes them.
>>
>>2051600
deer have more predators than people think just because adult deer aren't the only ones that are preyed upon

eagles and any bird of prey that size are deer predators even
>>
>>2051600
What do you mean coming back to california? I live there and coyotes are fucking everywhere.

Also yes, cougars, bobcats, coyotes, eagles, etc eat deer.
>>
>>2051618
I'm so sick of the killer whales don't hunt humans thing. Killer whales don't eat humans entirely because humans aren't out in the water alone with killer whales ever.

Greenland sharks and colossal squids don't eat people either, but you don't see people listing them as romanticized "never eat human" animals.
>>
>>2058038
It does list the common chimpanzee you illiterate buffoon.
Chimpanzee only fall victim to big cats when isolated and they actively hunt the cubs, no other alpha predator is this alpha.
>>
>>2050052
Deltapapillomavirus.

Sorry, if this is just a joke thread?
>>
The ayy lmaos abducted it and conduced arcane experiments
>>
>mfw this fuckin thread
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.