[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Puppy or pup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 00W0W_l65UDuOiEL4_600x450.jpg (49 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
00W0W_l65UDuOiEL4_600x450.jpg
49 KB, 337x450
I want a Blue heeler but dont know if I should get a 5 week old puppy or this 1 1/2 year pup
>Image related
>>
Take it from an aussie with one. Get a puppy. Cattle dogs are more one master kind of dog
>>
Good loyal dogs that would defend a master to the death
>>
File: 2016-01-25 12.05.45.jpg (2 MB, 1845x1589) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-25 12.05.45.jpg
2 MB, 1845x1589
Here's mine. She's a real treat. Get them young mate as they will listen to your every word and command if you give them structure and purpose.
>>
Get the baby, these dogs are fiercly loyal and love walks and working so be prepared. Also live forever (for dogs) my cattle dog was almost 20 when he died.
>>
>>2049700
>5 week old
If you're even fucking considering taking a five week old puppy away from its mom, you shouldn't be getting a dog. What the fuck is wrong with you? It's not even legal to purchase a puppy that young in most places.
>>
>>2049700
Acquiring a young puppy is acquiring potential. You're getting what you assume the dog will be based on breed, not a guarantee. Getting an older dog means receiving what the dog already is and something that won't change. One year old is still pretty young, but it's not going to drastically change in temperament like a puppy would or could.
Blue heelers have rigorous exercise requirements, but generally they're very smart, trainable, and eager to please. As a puppy, it's gonna be even more high energy and want even more from you. It also probably will shit on your floor for a while. Really, unless there's some very specific thing you need to get a dog used to, it's better to go with an adult. I don't see the point in passing up a trained and socialized adult with a definite temperament over a little cunt that'll shit on your floor. It'll also grow up having horrendous personality defects and mental issues because whatever dickhead you want to buy it from thinks it's alright to give puppies away at 5 weeks.
>>
File: 1451116230020.png (17 KB, 467x453) Image search: [Google]
1451116230020.png
17 KB, 467x453
>>2049700
> 5 week old puppy
>>
>>2049700
I like to skip the puppy stage and get my dogs at 1-2 years of age from the shelter. There attention stand is a lot longer and easier to train and don't shit and piss all over the house.
>>
get the young one and make sure to use postive reinforcement, not negative. They're easily insulted and get really submissive. More easily mistreated than other dogs
>>
>>2049700

The one in the pic had lacing on its head like a football ;_;
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.