[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
apartments with dogs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (23 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
image.png
23 KB, 150x150
I asked this on adv but figured I might get more responses here. So, I'm looking to move from Eugene (Oregon) to Portland in the next year or so. I'm looking for an apartment without breed restrictions on dogs, because I have a pitbull/husky mix that is almost a year old and I cannot part with. anyone have any luck or experience with this? he's extremely well behaved and friendly, so if it's a "meet and greet" type requirement that would be perfectly fine

I am diagnosed with BPD but haven't gone to therapy for a while. would getting him registered as an ESA be easier?
>>
Getting it certified might be difficult but it is something to look into.

Also, when you are talking to the apartment people, say it is a husky mix. Don't mention the pit bull because many apartments will not let "dangerous breeds" live there. When I got my GSD and terrier mix the lady in the office wrote him down as only terrier mix so I could keep him because she knew me.
>>
>>2041148
The problem with this is that huskies are generally on the no-no list as well
>>
>>2041010
Post pics of dog, I'm sure we can find a breed that is similar looking? Take a pic where he doesn't look like a pit or husky? Yes, I'm telling you to lie.
>elkhound mix
>samoyed mix
>lapponian herder mix
etc
>>
You don't get a dog registered as an ESA, instead your Psychiatrist or therapist will need to write you a prescription for one. They will talk to you first to determine that having an animal is an important step for your treatment
>>
Try getting a Canine Good Citizen certificate? Everyone always says "oh MY dog is wonderful", but it is really helpful to have an independent and Officialâ„¢ evaluation you can point to.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2502x2454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2502x2454
>>2041148
I was thinking about this, but don't they ask for vet records and stuff? all of his adoption/vet paperwork lists him as a pit/husky. pic related

>>2041332
when he was little he looked like a husky mix, but now I think it's way more obvious he's a pit mix too

>>2041977
how do I do this?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>2041996
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>2041997
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 640x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 640x408
>>2041998
>>
>>2041996
White lab/carolina dog mix or a lab/basenji? idk
Whatever you decide on, say you saw his parents and they weren't pit, make up a brief story, not that they'll care much. They don't usually ask to see papers, at least not at my place; if anything, they can be easily photoshopped. If your dog is truly friendly and nobody feels the need to complain about it, you'll get away with it just fine.
Another option aside from the ones already mentioned is liability insurance, which would cost you money.
>>
That's a cute dog.
Good luck, I think the lying about the breed may be the way to go.
>>
>>2041996
that's a beautiful pupper.
>>
>>2041996
>how do I do this?
Go to the AKC website and look up whoever does CGC evaluations in your area. Basically you show up, pass the test items, and fill out paperwork to mail in.
http://www.akc.org/dog-owners/training/canine-good-citizen/
>>
>>2041996
Mine didn't ask for records
>>
My landlord told me I had to get rid of my puppy because it looked like a chow chow. Said she was lab mix. Took her the vet and him type a letter stating that the dog could not be considered full blooded chow.

I was able to keep her, but landlord told me I would be liable for any "incidents". None occurred.
>>
Also, this is why some apartments say only dogs under a certain weight to guarantee no "mix breed" bs passes.
>>
>>2041996
I honestly don't see much pit bull in him. I'd say lab/husky, although I'm sure he has had some bully mix somewhere down the line.

This >>2041999 would probably be the best picture to use, he looks straight up lab mutt in there.

>>2041977
Only some apartments have to follow the ESA housing opportunity, generally larger apartment complexes. Even then, the ESA can't be 'dangerous', which is a very blurry line in some areas.

>>2042363
My friend had to get rid of his RR because the landlord believed it was a pit bull, even with papers and vet records and the ridge. I've heard similar stories involving ACD, a red shepherd and a black lab. Sometimes it just doesn't matter.
>>
>>2042366
>implying a pitbull mix can't be small
>>
>>2042381
Not saying they can't, but most people say only dogs under 40lbs. Most pit mixes are larger. Just saying that it's something most landlords use so you can't say your dog isn't a banned breed-- it's a mix. Where I lived, banned breeds were chow chows, gsd, dobermans, rotties, and of course, pits.
>>
>>2042378
Yeah. I think I was pretty lucky that he took the letter from the vet and let me keep her. It sucks that so many "power breeds" get judged because of what they are. :/
>>
>>2041996
Shiba Inu/Hound mix.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.