[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Won't Eat Dry or Wet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: _20160114_153542.jpg (120 KB, 1440x1192) Image search: [Google]
_20160114_153542.jpg
120 KB, 1440x1192
Hey guys, my 14 year old buddy won't eat any dry or wet food. It started about a month ago and has just gotten worse. He won't eat any dry, and will just lick the gravy off wet food. I worried it was his teeth but they're fine. I got to the end of my rope and bought rotisserie chicken, and cut it into cat size bites and he licked the bowl clean. I even gave him a bone and he ate half of it. Why won't he eat at least wet food? Why turn up his nose until I cut him fresh chicken? I'm not opposed to feeding him fresh, how many more years has he got anyway, but I wish he would eat canned like he did for the first 14 years. Thanks.
>>
>>2037574
>2016
>actively trying to get toxoplasmosis
what are you even doing
>>
>>2037591
Nigga what? I don't see the problem?
>canned food
>fully cooked chicken
>no mention of litterbox
?????
>>
Your cat is training you to feed it fresh food.
>>
>>2037632
>I don't see the problem?

Here we have an example of a toxo-zombie.
>>
>>2037674
>>2037591

Unless someone cites some information, I'm going to assume you two are idiots.
>>
He might be having trouble with his stomach. Maybe the food hasn't been sitting well and he has now associated eating those foods with pain. Bring him to a vet for a check up to make sure nothings wrong
>>
Like the other anon said, vet might be a good idea, they'll know better than we do what could be the issue.

He's also just getting up there in years, sadly.
>>
>>2038027
>He's also just getting up there in years, sadly.

;_;
>>
Yeah, it's not normal for cats to go off their food like that unless you put the feline equivalent of a sirloin fuckin' steak in front of them. He could be losing his appetite due to any number of medical issues. For example, at that age you start worrying about chronic renal failure in cats, which can manifest as anorexia (among other symptoms). Whatever it is may be treatable though, and 14 isn't incredibly old in a cat, so don't give up on him yet.
>>
He's dying, mate. Take him to the vet and exclude reversible causes.
>>
>>2037591
>>2037674
You realize almost half of the population has toxoplasmosis already and it doesn't even affect them? You may have it already.
>>
>>2038761
I don't think OP should jump to any conclusions but an animal not eating is a clear sign that something is majorly wrong. Definitely get him to the vet.
>>
>>2038501
Be glad it will be of natural causes.
I'm not saying your cat's going to die, but if he will then he's had a long and good life.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.