[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/ i'm seriously considering getting a Rottweiler,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 499x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 499x600
Hey /an/ i'm seriously considering getting a Rottweiler, is there anything in particular I should know or do?
>>
You should deprive it of human contact, and kick it really hard every time you visit it to feed it.
>>
>>2036318
Keep them away from poisonous toads.
>>
just keep like regular dog
>>
>>2036318
how to bandage a dog bite and how to bury your kids
>>
File: CO5bl7oVEAAlk05.png (59 KB, 414x349) Image search: [Google]
CO5bl7oVEAAlk05.png
59 KB, 414x349
>>2036318
>>
Get it really used to people and other animals. Make it a positive experience. See a person? Get a treat. See a cat? Get a treat.

Any dog will be good if you socialize it and give it exercise. Some dogs want jobs. You can give it a hiking jacket that carries water. This way it has a job.
>>
Wonderful dogs. I had to put one of mine to sleep yesterday due to Osteosarcoma.

Things to keep in mind is that they can be prone to joint problems so paying a bit more for a reputable breeder is important. The one I referred to above had joint issues and we spent about 20k over her life getting joints replaced, etc.

They need exercise and socialization. They otherwise can be a bit troublesome and other people will see them as undisciplined which perpetuates stereotypes about large dogs.

Renting becomes a chore because of asshole apartment rules/landlord inexperience. Most places won't rent you a place with Rotties and those that do tend to charge quite a bit more.

Hands down best friends that I've ever had and irreplaceable.
>>
Early socialization is key.

Let the puppy meet as many people and dogs as possible before he or she is four months old.

Continue socializing the puppy after four months, but the first four months are really crucial.
>>
I had one for 10 years. best companion.
is this one will be your first dog?
>>
>>2036318
Very unhealthy, generally. Good breeders are few and far inbetween.
>>
>>2036318
I had 2 rotties and a rotties chow chow mix when I was a kid. (My family loves animals. 2 Maltese, 2 Neapolitan mastiffs, 2 rotties, 3 Cavalier King Charles spaniels, and the rottie/chow chow). 10/10 fucking dogs my dad loved them. Names were Logan and laurel, and laurel's mix son was named Bear. There's a picture of me as a 2-3 year old and me "walking bear". The dog dwarfed me, but was a gentle giant.

Inb4 animal hoarders.
>rotties and Maltese were father and mother's respectively prior to marriage.
>cavalier King Charles spaniels were when I was in elementary and have yet to pass (sophomore in college)
>neo mastiffs were from when I was in kindergarten till I was in middle school.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.