[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal for a very young male cat (3-4 months) to disappear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: image_38.jpg (35 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
image_38.jpg
35 KB, 640x478
Is it normal for a very young male cat (3-4 months) to disappear? My cat has been gone since yesterday and he seems too young and small to just be hanging around. He was friendly and cuddly as fuck so anybody could have just taken him. I don't think he was killed by any of the dogs on the surrounding houses because I did not hear any kind of struggle, he just fucking vanished.

I adore this cat /an/ and perhaps I'm in denial but I still hope he will come back somehow.

Pic related, he looked exactly like this one
>>
yeah males wander often.

they also die often, so good job on your road kill.

try to keep your next pest inside.
>>
>>2034375
He had a lot of energy, also shat in the kitchen, there was no way I could keep him inside.

I know males wander often but isn't he kind of young for that? The other male I have is way older (he's about a year) and has only wandered once or twice and he was already a big boy when he did
>>
>>2034390
> there was no way I could keep him inside.
yeah there was, you just failed as a owner and didn't.
>The other male I have is way older (he's about a year) and has only wandered once or twice
so you didn't learn your lesson the first time.

great, everything that happens now is your fault.

if your cat gets hit by a car and dies now, it's not the fault of the driver, it's you for letting it out.
>>
>>2034391
I know all that. Options go from "he will come back soon" to "he was stolen" to "he was chewed by a mean ass dog". Do you think I don't realize?

>so you didn't learn your lesson the first time.
The other dude came back unharmed after a few days but he was a grown up when he did so it was normal.

I just want to know if it's rare for a cat so young to wander, but I doubt you'd know anyway.
>>
>>2034393
>I just want to know if it's rare for a cat so young to wander
it isn't.

everyone but you already knew.

make sure to post a thread about your roadkill in a week or two so I can tell you 'I told you so'
>>
>>2034373
Have you checked your local shelters?
>>
>>2034395
I just love your optimism fag but then what can I expect from someone that thinks he's perfect.
>>
>>2034397
that isn't optimism, it's statistics.

atleast my pet isn't roadkill, right?
>>
>>2034401
It was sarcasm dumb shit
>>
>>2034373
>letting a kitten outside unsupervised
you're fucking retarded and why so many cats die so young
>>
File: 1445894408391.gif (128 KB, 728x426) Image search: [Google]
1445894408391.gif
128 KB, 728x426
>>2034404
you didn't see mine?
>>
>>2034373
A cat that young may have gotten lost.
>>
Id like to see a picture of bugfag as road kill
>>
>>2034395
>everyone but you already knew.

I knew from the first post. I knew it since he got off my sight for more than normal. Read the
> I'm in denial but I still hope he will come back somehow.

So tripfags in this board are unsufferable retarded faggots too. Go figure.

Thanks for your help anyways.
>>
>>2034410
>I knew from the first post
then why ask.

make sure to post a thread once you find your road burger.
>>
>>2034406
He was not "outside", I have a big house in the middle of the city and he and my other 3 ones have more than enough space on a closed environment. I have to keep the actual house doors open because otherwise he shat on the kitchen. Also there's just one exit to the streets and it's unlikely for any of my cats to ever wander so far away.

He was a cute mofo so most likely he got stolen. Poisoning, death by dog mauling and getting his intestines out by a car are almost 100% ruled out.

>>2034408
Yeah, it actually is very rare for a cat that young to just go away. I just did not want to face it.
I really liked that fucker. Shit. :(
>>
>>2034373
There's a pretty good chance he got grabbed up by someone else considering how young he is. Given male cat's tendency to wander, there is a very good chance he's not coming back.
Please take better care of your next cat. You clearly do not "adore" him if you let him leave without caring so much for his own safety. Hopefully you've learned your lesson.
>>
>>2034415
>He was not "outside"
> The other male I have is way older (he's about a year) and has only wandered once or twice and he was already a big boy when he did

he either was or your house is poorly enclosed, which means you should surrender your pets either way as you're unable to take care of them.
>>
>>2034416
>Please take better care of your next cat
>Hopefully you've learned your lesson.
read OP's posts.

he won't learn his lesson.
>>
>>2034420
Not many of them ever do, but I like to remain somewhat polite.
>>
>>2034421
there's no point in being polite to habitual offenders.

OP is scum that shouldn't own pets and we both know it.
>>
>>2034420
>>2034421
>>2034416
For fuck's sake, you have no clue of what happened. Unlikely you basement dwellers I have to work and I still kept a good eye on him and the other 3 cats. There are other 2 houses in the property and the 4 cats go back and forth between them all the time. There are no dangers for them around the property at all, except for some strangers coming in and out. I looked in every single one of the places where he could have got stuck. The other 3 ones (2 females and 1 male) have been here from a very young age also and nothing like this happened before.

You clearly have no fucking clue of how much I take care of my pets, that's is why this specific one baffles me so much. There is no lesson to learn because I already know how to take care of them, I've done it before and I'll do it again.

I'll go with "he was so fucking cute and awesome than some retard took it" and that's it.

Fuck you, you judgemental faggots.
>>
>>2034428
>For fuck's sake, you have no clue of what happened
It happened multiple times, I don't need to know specifics to know that you're doing it wrong.
>I still kept a good eye on him and the other 3 cats
that's why they went missing, aye?
>There are no dangers for them around the property at all
>He was not "outside", I have a big house in the middle of the city
sure.
>You clearly have no fucking clue of how much I take care of my pets
not much apparently.

keep your shit pests indoors, don't cry when they escape due to your improper care.
>>
>>2034428
Then don't be confused as to why you lost your pet if you "know how to take care of them". Then you should understand you've taken a completely unnecessary risk to your pet's health and you've failed as an owner to one already. Do not be surprised then if you lose more.
"he was so fucking cute and awesome than some retard took it" are you really okay with that though? What happens if this person takes more then? Is it really their fault for seeing a cat on the streets and taking it in or is it your fault for being negligent?
>>
>>2034433
>that's why they went missing
>don't cry when they escape
He did not escape or went missing, some fag stole it because he is young and beautiful.

>sure.
Probably worth several million btw. umad?
>>
>>2034435
Yes. I totally understand you. I know what my mistakes were and will try not to make them again. It's just that you're not ready for someone just stealing your fucking pet.

>What happens if this person takes more then?
They will not get another chance at it.

>seeing a cat on the streets
I really, seriously doubt he was on the streets. But
>is it your fault for being negligent
It is. You're right.

Thanks, man. I feel better.
>>
>>2034439
Good luck on getting your cat back. Look into cat enclosures for your other cats as well, and if you do get him back, take him to the vet, shitting outside the litter box is a sign of illness.
>>
Cats can hit puberty as young as 4 months I believe. Unneutered males tend to wander in order to make their own territory and get females. He is probably doing that.

You should NEVER let an unfixed cat outside, regardless of whether or not it shits in your kitchen.
>>
he probably got picked up by someone who figured he was a stray, which he kinda is if you just let him run around like that. maybe even a TNR program if you're lucky. it's always strange how entitled cat owners are, thinking that for some reason it's acceptable and not horribly negligent for cats to run around unsupervised off their property but literally no other pet is regarded the same way. cats are not different or special, treat them like a pet and not just a stray you feed. hope to god you grow up before getting more animals
>>
>>2034373
Dont worry op not your fault. Fingers crossed he returns.

Ignore the neets crying and moaning on this fucking board. Serioulsy, any post which appears that you're not constantly mothering a cat 24/7 is so rage inducing to these morons, you have done literally nothing wrong and I'm certain the cat will return sooner rather than later.
>>
>>2034395
I'm sure if he posts the thread you'll see it, not like you're going to be going anywhere is it, basement dwelling scum
>>
>>2034373
bugguy is a huge autist but he's right. You fucked up by not taking proper care of your cat, and now you're facing the consequences. You won't get help here because there is no cure for being retarded.
>>
Sorry to hijack but I just got ahold of a thrown away kitten and would like to hear your personal experiance with them. Won't be able to get it food for a week or so since its SUPER young. Gave it some canned milk and want to mix it with crushed cat food in an attempt to make it transition afap. But even waiting a week seems too little so I'm guessing just keep it with milk for a feww more.

I'm more worried about where it'll do its business than anything else. I'll be doing my own research ofc but personal experience gives more insight.
>>
>>2034924
What kind of milk?
>>
they said in a can so most likely evaporated carnation and the like
>>
>>2034980
What the other poster mentioned. But it seems cows milk isn't good for them. Shame since no substitude exists here that I can give it or go out to buy.
>>
>>2034373
Did you do everything you could to find him? Put out food and leave lights on for him? Leave out worn clothing so he can smell you?

I feel bad that you lost your cat, but he's likely gone now. Next time don't let a domesticated animal outside.
>>
>shat in the kitchen
>immediately gets to go outside

you didn't want to teach him to use the litterbox, OP?
>>
>>2034795
If all the boards took the most autistic tripfag and had a contest. I feel confident bugdude would come in AT LEAST top 5
>>
>>2035742
he won a contest like that on /qa/ a couple months back. After that the mods started really trying to keep him banned.

apparently they ran out of juice though. They switched to trying to ban anyone that talks about him.

they might have a truce now. He really hasn't been posting as much as usual lately.
>>
>>2035744
What was the contest? Just a vote I imagine
>>
>>2036159
it was just a thread about the worst tripfag on 4chan.

he was mentioned as a faggot that derails an entire board and then a mod promptly banned him. Repeatedly. For weeks.
>>
>>2034428
It doesn't matter if you THINK the yard is enclosed or some bullshit, letting your cats outside is asking for them to get lost or worse. This your fault for letting your cat outside, and don't say you had to because your cat was shitting on the floor because that was a completely different issue, almost certainly. I keep a male 7 month old cat in a small apartment, but I play with him enough that he's perfectly happy. Accept the fact that the moment you let your cats outside, anything that happens to them is your responsibility.
>>
>>2034375
Eat shit faggot.
>>
>>2036599
Don't you know if you say anything negative to the fat fuck you'll be banned?
>>
>>2034924
You can buy special milk for kittens on Amazon, it has various brand names,and comes in a juice type x. It is a little pricey , about $5 for 3 containers, but they do not drink a lot.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.