[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terrible Owners Thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: scared-dog[1].jpg (15 KB, 250x173) Image search: [Google]
scared-dog[1].jpg
15 KB, 250x173
And what ever else relates.

>have six-month old high-energy puppy
>mostly she chases the kitten around the house
>take her out for walks and to the small dog park several times a day
>she's still got energy, but the kitten helps

>energy sometimes leads her to forget her training and jump up out of excitement
>she's a puppy, it takes time
>have friend over
>he doesn't like animals in general
>my puppy knows him from almost the beginning of her life here, so she's bonded with him regardless
>I have a small spray bottle that I will use to help deter her when positive reinforcement isn't enough
>never really have to spray her, she will stop once she sees me go for it

>friend was over for a few days recently
>go to grab the spray bottle and my dog starts crying and hiding
>wtfisgoingon.omg
>dump out water in the bottle
>looks like diluted blood
>the smell instantly clears my sinuses and I gag
>he at some point put a massive amount of hot sauce in the bottle and had been aiming for her eyes
>yell at him for being a fucking massive dick
>he's still wondering why I'm mad

She would not enter any room where the spray bottle was. I threw it out.

This literally just happened.
>>
>>2033485
>yelling
I don't know, I'd have poured the last of the hot sauce in his eyes.
>>
>>2033486
..........there wasn't any left after he dumped it in there.
>>
would've beat the shit out of my friend.

please tell me you at least kicked him out of the house and you told all of your mutual friends what a shitty person he is and cut all ties with him.
>>
Holy shit, what an awful person. Poor puppy.

I'd stop being friends with him. If anyone did something like that to my dog there would be hell to pay.
>>
>Rich couple who are family friends invite us over for a couple holidays every year.
>They have 3 adorable little retard purse dogs
>They had their vocal chords cut so they can't bark loudly.

Every time they try to bark and let out those pathetic little wheezes I lose a little faith in humanity.
They don't even bark that fucking much from what I can tell.
>>
>>2033493
>>2033500
Bingo.
>>
>have a brother who is an irresponsible spergy idiot and should never be in charge of any living thing ever
>he and his gf get two kittens, 2 months old and 6 months old respectively
>one male, one female. Not fixed, of course
>they have no idea how to take care of them
>feed them shit food
>his gf complains that the male kitten (tiny, growing baby animal) "eats so much" and "shits too much" and she doesn't like cleaning up after him so she's just going to start feeding him less

I tried to explain the importance of feeding high quality food, and that since he's a growing kitten he is going to eat a lot and needs to in order to mature not only physically but also in brain development. They didn't seem to listen to me and basically brushed off all my advice about nutrition and care for their cats even though they came to me for advice.

It gets worse.

>they're visiting at my house over New Years
>they stay over for several days, left their cats at home
>find out that they left NO FOOD for their cats while they were here, didn't arrange to have anyone come to feed them, and had not been back to their house to feed them even once
>cats had no food and probably no water for several days in a row

I feel like stealing their cats and finding better homes for them.

I'm just waiting for the part where SURPRISE the female gets pregnant
>>
>>2033501
>They had their vocal chords cut so they can't bark loudly.
This is allowed?
>>
>>2033510
Call animal control dude. That is straight up neglect and they can take the kittens away. Sure those shit heads might be arrested or at least fined but they deserve it
>>
>>2033676
It's absolutely neglect. Unfortunately there is no proof so a call to animal control might result in them coming and asking questions, but they won't be able to take the cats away or fine/arrest them without any proof of mistreatment. Is it worth it to call anyways? I don't know what good it would do.
>>
>>2033514
I think in most places it's illegal.
>>
>>2033485

You need to let that cunt go. Now.

Seriously.
>>
>this idiot friend gets a puppy
>i knew how she was and tried to make her not get one
>after like 2 months she texts me'I want to give away my dog :(('
>wat,why
>legit thought she'll take care of it
>''Anon,she loves my parents not meee''
>Do you walk her?
>"It's too cold outside,I am depressed,abuse blah blah"
>Do you feed her?
>"Muh depression,muh this muh that"
>argue for quite some time and block her
>still rage over the fact she got a puppy and left it on her parents back
>tfw it's not the only animal she's done that way with
>tfw I legit feel sorry for the parents
>>
>>2033827
If I was the parent btw. I would just re-home all of her animals.

Stop using retarded excuses for being lazy shit.
>>
>My dumb friend when I was twelve
>Had eight fucking dogs and her family wouldn't walk any of them
>just sorta let them free in the tiny yard
>The girls entire house smelled like piss, weed, and cig smoke
>also had too many cats
>one of her worse dogs scratched the eye out a kitten. They never even took the poor baby to the vet
>cockroaches skittered on the walls
>she could never figure out why I didn't want to spend the night
>>
You can always tell a persons true personality by the way the treat waiters and animals.

this nigger should be lynched.
>>
>>2033827
What a lazy cunt. At least the puppy is getting taken care of by someone.
>>
>>2033485
Is she OK? :(

Please fucking kill your friend. Put a picture of your friend in a toy so it bites his dick off.
>>
>>2033766
Yes. Call them. Post vocaroo
>>
>>2033485
He's an idiot and you have no backbone. You sound like a woman
>>
>>2033841
Sometimes I can be a cunt to waiters when they ask if i'm ready to order when i'm clearly still reading the menu and/or have been sitting for 2 minutes. And by cunt i say "no"
>>
>>2033514
I had a college roommate who did that to a kitten so he could keep it in his room and not make loud noise as Pets weren't allowed.
>>
>>2034158
What the fuck
>>
>>2034127
Their job sucks and they are probably on autopilot asking for your order
>>
>>2034123
>no backbone
>said he kicked him out, yelled at him, and told all his friend

Pick one
>>
>>2034203
except OP never said she did any of those things
>>
>>2034206 see >>2033509
>>
>>2034203
The person who uses faggoty water spray to discipline dogs is unlikely to have a back bone. A stern voice is usually enough

>Strong slap on the ass if it's a big dog or medium if its small, for a bad offence
Very rarely use this one, maybe 10 times in their life

>light slap on the nozzle for small things like trying to eat food that has fallen and was told not to eat. Also rare

Water spray makes dogs weak
>>
>>2033485
That's fucked up, fucking asshole, sorry that happened OP.

Oh, little off topic, but I wouldn't encourage the puppy chasing the kitty unless they are around the same size and are actually playing.

Almost every dog we had when we were young ended up hurting or killing cats because my family never trained them right, so it's just something to keep in mind.

I did have one puppy that I got at ten weeks ol who actually learned to play with my three month old cat, but he was a rare case and smarter than the average mutt. He learned bite inhibition really well and learned to play gently with the cat as he got older.

So just keep an eye on your pup and how they are playing.
>>
>>2034212
See >>2033485
>energy sometimes leads her to forget her training and jump up out of excitement
>I have a small spray bottle that I will use to help deter her when positive reinforcement isn't enough
>never really have to spray her, she will stop once she sees me go for it
>>
>>2034214
This just makes the dog stop without punishment. This just makes sure she will avoid the spray, not behave correctly
>>
>>2034220
>training
>training

Do you stop to read or are you just too confident in your opinion for that?
>>
>>2034228
He's retarded, don't bother
>>
>>2034213
>I wouldn't encourage the puppy chasing the kitty unless they are around the same size and are actually playing.
>Almost every dog we had when we were young ended up hurting or killing cats because my family never trained them right, so it's just something to keep in mind.

This this this. You might think it's cute and useful for tiring your puppy, but that's also a shit life to give a cat unless the kitten is actively playing back and not just fleeing.
>>
>work and live next door to a guy, we average 60 hrs a week
>guy gets an extremely high energy herding dog he can't train, has no time for, never owned a dog before
>when people give advice, he responds, "I KNOW these dogs, I HAVE one" refuses to listen to anyone no matter their experience

Having a dog for two weeks does not make you an expert, can't believe this even needs to be explained.

>also has chickens
>chickens get loose in my yard constantly, eat my garden and cat food
>now dog gets loose and chases chickens in my yard, also chases feral cat I'm trying to capture
>dog bites me every time he sees me, rips my clothes frequently
>dog kills chickens
>dog kills neighbor's birds
>"haha, it's so cute how dog pins the chickens to the ground"
>chicken gasping for breath and obviously stressed
>occasionally brings dog to work and locks him in office where he eats all our belongings
>known bird murderer dog who never listens routinely taken to public parks without leash

Thank god I no longer work there or have to deal with that asshole and his dog.
>>
Today

>at the dog park
>some bitch has an 8-week old puppy wandering around
>old lady I know who fosters many dogs and takes them to the park every day asks her how old it is
>8 weeks
>oh...you be careful now. he really shouldn't be here. his vaccines aren't finished yet--
>"yeah I KNOW" girl swoops her puppy up in her arms and starts marching to the other side of the dog park
>she doesn't leave, just goes over to a group of different people to start bitching
>"this old lady started yelling at me saying he shouldn't be here...like all the things my puppy might have, everyone else's dogs are vaccinated against anyway, it's not like anyone is going to get sick!"

yeah, except your puppy, dipshit
>>
>>2034213
Eh idk, I've had both at same times and my dogs were usually pretty big but they never hurt each other (unless the cats didn't want to play in which cases I can assure you the cats were not the ones in danger).
But I don't really know if my opinion can really have some value since all of our big dogs were English Setters ('cept for an Irish one who we have currently) which are pretty calm by nature and rarely bite.
Even when they play with each other they don't playfully bite each others which is a thing I see a lot with other dogs (especially our little one).
>>
>>2034316
Ya, and you'll know your dog better than anyone as he/she gets older.
>>
>>2034313
I can already smell the parvo
>>
>>2033485

Wait until he does something you don't like and then pepper spray him. Then ask him if he's fucking sorry for putting capsaicin in your dog's eyes.
>>
>>2034430
Then again, what he did was already pepper spray worthy.
>>
>>2034449

Yeah, but I read somewhere that if you wait too long, animals just forget whatever it is you're punishing them for.
>>
>>2033510
Do it. Hell they got a better chance at making it if you take them to the pound. People like young cats so they're likely to get adopted.
>>
>>2034212
It doesn't make them weak. Using objects to discipline dogs is not a good idea because they'll learn not to see you as the boss without said object.
>>
>>2034299
My pup is really brutish with my aunt's cat, what do?
I'm 98% sure she just want to play, she does that pose with her ass up in the air and sometimes she even brings him toys. The cat really doesn't want to, though. He hissed at her a couple times when she came too fast, often he just freezes and pretends to punches her. Good thing he's a good and nice kitty, he hasn't used his claws yet.
But she only does that when the cat's running around the house, when he's sleeping, she just leaves him alone. And when she calmed down from seeing new people and the cat, she often leaves him alone too.
>>
>>2034554
>he hasn't used his claws yet.
>But she only does that when the cat's running around the house, when he's sleeping, she just leaves him alone.

honestly, it sounds like they're getting along just fine. if the cat really feels threatened, he'll use his claws and your pup will learn a lesson.

if you're really worried, though, work on keeping your puppy tired. a tired puppy is a well-mannered puppy. more exercise and more playtime has to come from your end.
>>
>>2034554
It'd adorable that your puppy brings your cat toys
>>
>>2034641
I don't know, I'm just comparing to another dog, and well, that one the cat never punches. They hang out just fine and sleep together sometimes. I guess that one just finally picked up the cat wouldn't play and considers it a plushie.
>>
>>2034708
you've got a puppy on your hands, not a dog. puppies play. puppies are overzealous. she'll mellow out as she grows up, but until then, she has to learn what's an acceptable level of excitement around the cat. when she crosses that line, the cat will teach her that lesson.

but like I said, you need to exercise your pup more.
>>
>>2034554
Do you have any pictures of your pupper and kitters?
>>
>>2033766
Take some subtle pics/vids next time you're there
>>
>>2034299
The cat usually instigates. He also has plenty of places to get away when he's done, usually jumps on the bed and the dog will stop trying to play with him. I've never heard the cat yell or cry either.
>>
File: dearlawdy.png (86 KB, 1323x571) Image search: [Google]
dearlawdy.png
86 KB, 1323x571
Fresh off the presses>>2034975
>>
File: IMG_8726.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8726.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Me just now
>have 1.5-year-old male cat, just adopted last month
>at first would immediately stop bad behaviors if I said NO loudly
>recently he's been ignoring me sometimes so I clap loudly to deter him if the first no doesn't do it
>his thing lately is trying to climb into my floor-level bookcase
>he scratches the books he walks on so I scold him when I catch him
>doing it just now as I'm sitting at my desk
>spiral notebook on my lap
>ignores the first NO so I go to clap my hands
>catch the edge of the notebook with my wrist and launch it at him instead
>direct hit

He crawled under the bed, went off to eat some food, and then came over to me to be petted in the space of five minutes so he seems to be over it, but I feel bad. Sorry, little guy.
>>
>>2035168
Put a cardboard box near the bookcase. Cat will curl up in box instead of climbing bookcase.
>>
>>2035192
Alternately, get him some cat furniture and/or set him up a way to get on top of the bookcase without damaging the books. It's natural for cats to want to be up high.
>>
>>2035236
All you need to do is completely block off your books so he can't access the top of the bookshelf like that anymore. Also the furniture needs to be able to soak up his scent, so plain wood won't work well. Cats own their territory using their scent.
>>
>>2035250
I should probably have said to just block it off until your cat starts using the other way as if it were second nature for him.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.