[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm such a fucking idiot, /an/. While going away for vacation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: dental disease.jpg (40 KB, 643x480) Image search: [Google]
dental disease.jpg
40 KB, 643x480
I'm such a fucking idiot, /an/.
While going away for vacation I arranged so that my pet bunnies would be taken care of by a local veterinarian.
I got back yesterday and was informed that one of them was dead. The vet gave me a letter explaining how he had far progressed tooth problems and had been suffering for a long time.
The worst part is that I had noticed him getting thinner and more apathetic but even then not thinking about having him checked out.
Now I'm just sitting here crying and I don't know what to do. The climate is very cold and dark, and I'm afraid I might make the same mistake by keeping his brother outside, since I can't see him very well in the dark nor spend enough time with him because of the cold.

Can a bunny learn to adapt to the inside? How do I learn to know when something is wrong with a bunny?

I'm sorry for the long rambling post, I'm ashamed for letting something like this happen.
>>
>that picture
What the fuck how was it eating? I would hve thought a rabbit would have starved long before that point
>>
>>2032570
The picture is just from google, in my case it seemed eating was more painful than impossible.
>>
>>2032566
So you left your bunnies outside, despite every owner of a house rabbit stating that they are easily made indoor animals and even enjoy indoor life because they are perfectly safe in a home? And instead of getting a check up on the weakened one, or even bothering to learn to do basic groom and checks on them, you just said fuck it and left for vacation?

Nah, you're an idiot and the other one is probably going to die in less than a year.
>>
>>2032566
My outdoor bunny is very old and regular develops tooth problems. Mine develops hooks that poke the inside of his mouth which means that he hurts and stops eating. My vet usually removes the hooks. Then he gives him a painkiller and a medication that makes him want to eat so that he doesn't get stomach problems. I keep my outside bunnies inside when they are sick, but it makes them pretty stressed out. It can't be a regular thing since one person in my house is allergic. I would recommend you get the other one checked out and make sure that he is grooming himself and eating. If he stops then bring him to a vet again. If the brother is now alone make sure you find him a friend.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.