[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flea problems with complications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: dealwithit.gif (2 MB, 400x212) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit.gif
2 MB, 400x212
Hi /an/. My house seems to have picked up fleas and they're bothering my cat. Where is a good place to pick up flea meds? My vet is cheap but I can't take my cat in the the vet every month just to get that dot of stuff on her neck (it freaks my cat the fuck out and I would prefer to not subject that to her if she doesn't have a health issue).

Now, here's the complication. I know that getting rid of the fleas in the house would be a huge help. Except I have tarantulas and I don't want to risk their lives by bombing the house (even the residue of flea bombs can mess them up).

Any advice?

Pic only slightly related.
>>
>>2028162
Revolution + diatomaceous earth.

Do not use it anywhere near the tarantulas, however; diatomaceous earth works by drying out exoskeletons.
>>
I buy the same drops online for like 200 bucks less than the vet would charge at canadavet.com, the have a US version too I think
fuck I sound like an ad
>>
Vacuum, wash as many of your fabrics as you can and vacuum some more.

And why do you have to take your cat in? I always just bought the dose(s) from either the vet, pet store or online and applied it myself.
>>
>>2028690
Partially because my vet won't sell me any without an appointment. Partially because I bought some cheap shit at Wal-Mart and it gave her a nasty sore and made almost all of her hair fall out (Note: she got better). I just don't know where to get the good stuff, would Petsmart or Petco have it?
>>
>>2028593
I second diatomaceous earth. Our dogs had a bad flea problem where sprays, topical applications, vacuuming, nothing seemed to work. Bought this stuff and it worked like a charm. It makes your house a powdered mess, but it's worth it. Make sure to buy the food grade quality and it'll be safe for the cat to eat - in fact, it'll probably be beneficial to eat.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.