[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /an/ I'm about to buy this weimaraner puppy. Does anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: IMG-20151230-WA0001.jpg (61 KB, 577x420) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151230-WA0001.jpg
61 KB, 577x420
Hi /an/ I'm about to buy this weimaraner puppy. Does anyone have some experiences with this breed? Redpill me on them pls.
Look at her eyes... Would you say no to this angel?
>>
>>2026527
Don't know a lot about them but what I do know is I have a cop friend that trains police dogs and I help him by wearing the suit playing the bad guy.
German shepherds and Dobermans run at you and slow down staying on the ground before grabbing you the weimaraners fly in the air hitting you knocking you down to the ground before trying to tear your arm off.
The are quicker to learn and have more stamina.
>>
>>2026532
Oh shit, I was expecting a tender and loving dog, not an cold blooded assassin. But yeah you are right, I've read everywhere that they are intelligent as fuck.
>>
>>2026540
You have to remember that these dogs are being trained for this if not then the would be tender and loving.
>>
They need a lot of exercise and training. If you think letting them out into a fenced yard is enough, you're going to end up with a neurotic asshole.
>>
>>2026527
Why didn't you do the research long before getting a dog?
>>
>>2026565
This. Don't be a shitty owner.
>>
>>2026565
>>2026589
It's not decided yet. I haven't seen the dog and resonant yet desu, just talked to the owner via WhatsApp.
Well I have a fenced garden but not a huge one, it's probably about 50-60m^2 but I'd let the dog stay in too. Are these good dogs for having inside the house?
>>
>>2026593
I haven't seen the dog personally yet*
>>
>>2026593
>>2026594
Read: http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/weimaraner

You really need to be prepared for such high energy breeds. I actually considered one for its regal looks, but it's just too much for me.
>>
>>2026527
They hate children
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1974x1476) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1974x1476
Please don't support a BYB, if you really want a Weim take some time to find a breeder who cares about the long term health and happiness of their pups.
>>
>>2026597
This.
All of this.
>>
>>2026527
>Redpill me

gb2/pol/ scum
>>
>>2026527
>I'm about to buy this dog and only NOW do I want to know about its breed!
Don't buy it OP, you sound like a fucking imbecile. why the fuck would you decide on buying a puppy before doing any research? You should get a fish instead, they're a lot better for children just learning how to care for pets.
>>
>>2026527
-Vigorous exercise requirements, bred to hunt all day long
-Rowdiness and exuberant jumping, especially when young or not exercised enough
-"Separation anxiety" (massive destructiveness and barking) when left alone too much
-Suspiciousness or skittishness toward strangers when not socialized enough
-Aggression toward other animals
-A strong-willed mind of his own, requiring a confident owner who can take charge
-Excessive barking when bored
-Is large, powerful
-Has a sleek, carefree coat
Is packed with energy and thrives on vigorous exercise and athletic activities
-In the right hands, is a loyal, aristocratic gentleman of great presence and character
-Is watchful with strangers, so makes a keen watchdog (with a booming bark)

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/weimaraners.html
>>
File: IMG_0089.jpg (686 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0089.jpg
686 KB, 3072x2304
>>2026527
I've had two weims, they've been dreams. I miss them both terribly. I want another. They're very attached to their master and are (to me) the perfect dog, but you have to get to know their distinctive personality.
>redpill
>dogbreedinfo
>The Weimaraner is happy, loving, intelligent, cheerful and affectionate. It is good with children. Without the proper exercise it will be very rambunctious and difficult to control. This breed learns quickly but will get bored if the training is the same thing over and over again. This breed needs firm, experienced training starting at puppyhood, with an owner who understands how to be a dog's pack leader, or it can become stubborn and willful. Without this proper leadership, it can become combative with other dogs. This hunting dog has a strong prey instinct and should not be trusted with small non-canine animals such as hamsters, rabbits and guinea pigs. Weimaraners absolutely crave leadership. They want to know what is expected of them and for how long. If this is not made consistently clear, they will not be stable minded, may be stressed, possibly developing separation anxiety, becoming destructive and restless. Owners should not be harsh, but calm with a natural air of authority to their demeanor. These things are instinctually essential to having a happy, behaved, balanced dog. Give your Weim plenty of extensive exercise, or he will become very restless and over-excited. This breed especially should not be hit to discipline, as they become wary easily. Once they have a fear of someone/something, they look to avoid and training is difficult. Spend a lot of time with short-leash walking, next to you. If left to run ahead the Weimaraner will pull like a train and start to believe it is alpha, as pack leader goes first. This breed likes to bark, and needs to be corrected if it becomes excessive. Very hardy, with a good sense of smell, and a passionate worker, the Weimaraner can be used for all kinds of hunting.
>>
File: IMG_0056.jpg (932 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056.jpg
932 KB, 3072x2304
>>2026527
Btw, those eyes don't stay like that forever. They turn grayish then yellower as they age, still beautiful. Honestly, I sucked at raising my last one because I was too young at first and he still turned out great, amazingly retained all the stupid things I taught him, and was ridiculously loyal/attached. The excessive barking thing, yeah, they like to talk. I taught him a command for that as well and he listened when I'd tell him to shut up. A short "SO!" was my command. All my dogs have been from byb's (I was a child when they were bought and didn't even think of those things) and they all turned out ok-ish.
>>2026593
>fenced garden
>garden
Mine liked to dig. I taught it to dig only when I commanded or in the sand at the beach. Be weary of this behavior, especially if you aren't ready to have such a high energy dog.

tl;dr they are very high energy but a very interesting dog to get to know. If you are ready to exercise them daily, keep them busy, and keep up with being alpha and training, you're good. Sounds like more work than it is if you really love the stupid thing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.