[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anybody identify this spider?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 720x960
I found this one in my baby's bed. I was forced to kill it because I could not risk my daughter. Can anybody identify it? Need to know if it is poisonous to check the entire house
>>
Before 30 people chime in saying its a brown recluse (it isnt), you have to put your location if you want any sort of reliable identification.

Though its probably some wolf spider relative.
>>
Sorry, totally missed that one. I'm from Veracruz, Mexico.
>>
>>2026309
It looks like a brown recluse tbqh senpai
>>
Looks like a huntsman.
>>
File: _MG_9483.jpg (168 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
_MG_9483.jpg
168 KB, 950x633
>>2026322
I can tell you from sure that's not a brown recluse. They're not that furry and don't have any patrons/speck in the body.
>>
File: wolfs.jpg (30 KB, 445x415) Image search: [Google]
wolfs.jpg
30 KB, 445x415
>>2026309
That's an innocent Wolf spider. Why did you kill it?
>>
I would guess some sort of wolf spider or huntsman spider. Neither are dangerous.
>>
>>2026345
yeah, so it's not-OK to shoot-first/ask-questions-later with people, but ok with spiders. The fuck is wrong with the world. Racist barbarians everywhere.
>>
>>2026465
spiders aren't deadly.
>>
>>2026470
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3166314/British-charity-worker-awarded-OBE-dies-bitten-spider-Mexico.html
>>
>>2026484
>dailymail clickbait.
no one has died from a spider since modern medicines.
>>
>>2026485
Well, some people have, but it is really rare for it to happen, and in those cases the bite itself was just one contributing factor.

The number of people killed by spiders worldwide is basically about the same as people who get killed by sharks, even though the supposedly "dangerous" spiders are just that fucking much more common, and usually live very close to humans.

Still, it's understandable that OP killed his/her spider. While no spiders should be dangerous to a healthy adult, a baby is a different matter.
>>
>>2026504
>Well, some people have
no.
the last recorded death due to spiders was from before you were born.
>The number of people killed by spiders worldwide is basically
it's zero.

zero people die from spiders each year.
>>
>>2026507
>the last recorded death due to spiders was from before you were born.
erm, no
Annals of Emergency Medicine 2012;60:439-441
3 year old dies of Systemic Loxoscelism due to brown recluse bite. 2012
>>
>>2026510
>3 year old dies
I don't count the disabled, otherwise you might as well consider the common cold deadly.
>>
>>2026511
There have been 18 deaths in the U.S. in the last few years from Systemic Loxoscelism. Most are believed to be caused by spider bites, but the burden of proof requires having a spider at the site of the bite, or it doesnt count officially.

Spiders aren't very dangerous, at WORST maybe 2-3 people die a year from them, but the lack of definitive proof on something that is VERY difficult to prove doesnt mean that it doesnt happen

Besides, you said ZERO people die from spider bites, and none had in our lifetimes. I showed you definitive proof of one and you moved the goalposts.
>>
>>2026513
>Most are believed to be caused by spider bites
I only count confirmed deaths.
>at WORST maybe 2-3 people die a year from them
it's been 100 years in the US, about 40 in australia and forever in Europe, that's about most of the first world.

it doesn't happen outside of disabled people like children or the elderly.
>>
>Disabled people aren't people.
How does it feel to exclude yourself from "people", bugguy?
>>
>>2026520
I'm perfectly healthy.

they don't matter in statistics that apply to normal people.
>>
Brown recluse
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 680x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 680x649
>>2026516
>children
Which is directly relevant to this thread ffs. OP said it was near his babby
>>
>>2026309
It's a brown recluse. Are you guys idiots?
>>
>>2026513
I think you're the stupid one here for thinking you can communicate with Bugguy. You can't.
>>
>>2026521
I sugest you to learn about introspection, since you are unable to do it currently.
Don't worry about the knowledge that comes with it, it's perfectly normal to be scared in the beginning. With time you'll be able to see the world as it is. Good luck on the path to become a human being.
Wikipedia can be a starting point for you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introspection
>>
>>2026465
So you are trying to justify your ignorance by classifying every spider you see as:
>M-muh deadly spooder!

I actually don't understand what you're trying to convey with the post.
>>
>>2026619
I'd be more worried about OP's hero syndrome than about a spider.
>>
>>2026555
>>2026624
It's not a brown recluse you moronic assholes. The brown recluse doesn't have any speck or patron in its body. See >>2026344.

While in OP's image you can clearly see black specks in the legs.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 546x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 546x720
>>2026511
>no humans have died from x-thing since 80 years ago
>a 3 year old was just a few years ago, and that's just one example
>I don't count the disabled
Still a human you cocksneeze.
Unless you want to argue toddlers, the old, or the infirm aren't human. By all means.
>>
>>2026839
like I said, you might as well consider the flu or the common cold deadly if you count the disabled.
>>
>>2026841
the flu is highly deadly.

it's one of those things where people worry about shit that almost never happens like spider bite death, but ignore things that constantly kill huge numbers of people, like flu.
>>
>>2026851
it isn't deadly to normal healthy people that don't live in shitholes like Africa.

it's deadly to grandmothers that slowly rot away in elderly homes because they're half-dead to begin with.
>>
>>2026854
yes, that's the common misperception.

there are flu strains going around right now that mostly kill young adults.
>>
>>2026855
we're talking about normal flu.

not the swine flu or anything.
>>
>>2026856
there's no such thing as "normal" flu.

what you mean is you're talking about only those strains of flu that behave the way you expect them to.

>no NORMAL flu kills healthy people!
>no TRUE Scotsman eats seafood!
>>
>>2026485
Jeff Hanneman died from a spider bite.
>>
>>2026864
generally speaking 'normal' flu is
>those strains of flu that behave the way you expect them to.

not the swine flu.

that's in your average everyday conversation, not when you're talking to an autist that's into virology.
>>
>>2026866
no he died because he was an alcoholic
>>
>>2026867
>that's in your average everyday conversation, not when you're talking to an autist that's into virology
I'm telling you your misunderstanding of the flu is just as bad as others misunderstanding spider bites.

why don't you thank me for correcting you? I have done you a favor, have I not? Just like you spend all day "helping" others?

jk, I know you don't actually understand the irony because you're incapable of caring about what others feel.
>>
>>2026869
the only misunderstanding here is you not being able to have a normal conversation without getting autistic about virology.

no one is talking about deadly strains of flu when they talk about it.
>>
>>2026316
>Before 30 people chime in saying its a brown recluse (it isnt)

Echo'ing this.

>>2026322
>It looks like a brown recluse tbqh senpai

There always has to be that one guy. Don't be that guy.
>>
>>2026868
You're an alcoholic fuck you
>>
>>2026872
>the flu isn't deadly
>nobody is talking about deadly strains of flu when they talk about it.

I just wish for a minute you could hear yourself.
that's all.
>>
>>2026875
I only drink during weekends.
>>
>>2026839
>Still a human you cocksneeze.
>Unless you want to argue toddlers, the old, or the infirm aren't human. By all means.

Hey, I don't like bugguy any more than the next person, but he does have a point. When a person is in a state that a common harmless virus (like a cold) can kill them, they really don't count when gauging how lethal something is. A 3 year can be killed by chicken. It's happened. I mean, honestly ...
>>
>>2026876
the flu strains normal people talk about aren't deadly m8

but it's not like you talk with people anyway.
>>
>>2026878
he's not right at all.
the common cold doesn't kill anyone as far as I can tell.

the flu on the other hand kills hundreds of thousands.
>>
>>2026881
people have died from the cold before.
>>2026878
they're also died by choking on a big mac.
>>
>>2026879
>the flu strains normal people talk about aren't deadly m8
of course they are.

you're just throwing up a no true Scotsman defense without actually checking how many healthy adults are killed by the flu each year.

you don't know and you don't care because you're an imbecile that runs around correcting others but can't take his own medicine.

you're a clown.
>>
>>2026883
>people have died from the cold before.
anyone that cares to can fact-check you.

this stuff isn't hard to search.
>>
>>2026884
>of course they are.
they're not, they're talking about common everyday flu, a harmless strain of it.

not the bird flu.

try socializing, you'll find out.
>>
>>2026887
I'm talking about the virus, not the people.

not that your understanding of people is any better than your understanding of disease.
>>
>>2026889
yeah, you're pretending asiamoeba is deadly because malaria is.

we're talking about specific, harmless strains of the flu.
>>
>>2026884
>of course they are.

No, they aren't. Except the young, elderly, or those with immunodeficiency. Exactly like his first post said. If the common flu strains were so deadly, no would be allowed in public that exhibited symptoms of them (which, of course, are the same as the common cold.)
>>
>>2026885
>anyone that cares to can fact-check you.

Challenge accepted.

Any one of up to 200 viruses (such as the rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, or respiratory syncytial virus [RSV]) can cause colds, to which it seems almost no one is immune. Infection with a viral strain confers only temporary immunity to that strain. Colds in infants and young children caused by RSV can progress to pneumonia and other complications, especially in those under a year old who were born prematurely or have chronic lung disease; RSV causes an estimated 4,500 deaths yearly in these groups in the United States.

4,500. There you go. In the susceptible groups he already described. You lose.
>>
Why don't you people just admit that 3 year olds die easier than healthy adults, so you can't use them to decide how lethal something is to the entire population? That is what you're arguing about. And it's retarded.
>>
>>2026892
>we're talking about specific, harmless strains of the flu
yes, I know

you say the flu isn't deadly, and then when corrected you say you're only talking about non-deadly strains (which in reality don't exist either).

the reason I have so much fun poking facts at you is because you react so fucking badly to being corrected but constantly try to correct others.

and what's really funny is you seem completely unaware of what you're doing.
>>
>>2026897
probably the main difference between RSV and a common cold (aside from one being deadly an the other not), is that we have a preventative treatment for RSV.

Not that you actually care, but whatever.
>>
>>2026909
>you say the flu isn't deadly, and then when corrected
you didn't correct me, you assumed I was talking about something I wasn't talking about and then proceeded to complain about it.

again, when people talk about the flu, that's not what they're talking about, they're talking about harmless strains.

you'd know if you'd go outside.
>>
>>2026934
see how much trouble you go to in order to avoid admitting an error?

you'll go for fucking days rather than just admit that you were wrong.

you move the goalposts and use every fucking fallacy in the book rather than admit to yourself or anyone else that you were wrong. It's pretty funny.

there are no harmless strains of the flu, jackass.
show me a single one.
>>
>>2026936
see how much trouble you go to in order to avoid admitting an assumption?

http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/flu/research/basic/pages/reassortmentillustration.aspx
> with genes from a harmless strain that grows well in an egg (flu strain 2).
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2518&dat=20050709&id=yrljAAAAIBAJ&sjid=DSgMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1485,23304174&hl=nl
http://revolutionradio.org/?p=98968

durp.
>>
>>2026939
so you're saying that when people discuss the flu they're talking about manmade strains that don't make you sick and those that don't infect humans?
>>
>>2026941
you didn't say they couldn't be manmade.

besides
>This is unusual since influenza is normally most deadly to the very young (under age 2) and the very old (over age 70).

like I said, the disabled.

people aren't talking about the asian, spanish, russian or whatever flu pandemic when they talk about the flu, they're talking about common household flu that goes over within a week with no issues, sperglord.
>>
>>2026946
most deadly=/=only deadly

the fact remains that the flu kills healthy adults all the fucking time.

>people aren't talking about the asian, spanish, russian or whatever flu pandemic when they talk about the flu, they're talking about common household flu that goes over within a week with no issues, sperglord.
the funny thing is you think there's a "normal" flu that isn't Asian, Spanish, bird, swine, or whatever else.

you're exactly as ignorant about the flu as the people you're correcting are about spider bites.

irony.
what makes it funny is you absolutely can't stand to look at yourself. Even for a second.
>>
>>2026948
there's no healthy people that due from regular flu, it's entirely disabled people that die due to it, it has no influence on the statistics that apply to normal people.
>the fact remains that the flu kills healthy adults all the fucking time.
no.
>the funny thing is you think there's a "normal" flu
it's the one that isn't a big of a deal.

that's what flu generally is, that's what people think of when they hear 'flu'

no one cares what you think the flu is, you're old, retired and don't socialize with anyone but your family, autist.
>>
>>2026936
>>2026948

He knows he's wrong. There's no point in arguing, he'll say whatever to try and piss you off further. You'll never win because he's deliberately being an idiot, and he'll keep doing it so long as people respond. I'm still baffled as to why people keep taking the bait. The only way to get rid of the little shitstain is to stop rewarding him with responces, just fucking ignore it and you'll starve his need for attention.
>>
>>2026953
>don't take the bait
>takes the bait.
>>
>>2026953
I'm not pissed off and he's not pretending to be stupid.

sometimes things are exactly what they seem.
>>
>>2026950
>it's entirely disabled people that die due to it, it has no influence on the statistics that apply to normal people.

>More than 60 percent of those killed or put into the hospital by flu so far this season have been aged 18 to 64, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cold-flu/flu-killing-more-young-adults-year-cdc-says-n34686
>>
>>2026964
>“They’re less likely to have natural immunity and they’re less likely to have been vaccinated,”

we're 'discussing' healthy adults, not the disabled.

''..'' because it's really just you throwing a temper tantrum.
>>
>>2026966
>we're 'discussing' healthy adults, not the disabled.
not being vaccinated isn't the same thing as being disabled.
>>
>>2026309
Oh man, so sad.
You'll have to put your baby down. Sorry OP
>>
>>2026806
It's a brown recluse you daft fucking cow.
>>
>>2026967
not having resistance against the common flu when you're an adult might as well be.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.