[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My nearly-20-year-old cat has always hated other animals, so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Happy-cat-up-close-3828.jpg (30 KB, 227x227) Image search: [Google]
Happy-cat-up-close-3828.jpg
30 KB, 227x227
My nearly-20-year-old cat has always hated other animals, so I brought her with me to a new apartment from my mother's house. However, my cat has lived in that house for nearly 20 years, and I'm not sure how to get her used to the idea of this apartment. I feel like she's waiting to go back home. Also, even though she always hated the other animals, I'm getting the impression that she enjoyed having animals to hate. She spends a lot of time laying underneath my bed instead of in my lap.

Anyone have experience moving cats or pets in general to a new home after living in the same one for so long? Am I worrying over nothing?
>>
Try to at least have some familiar furniture layouts she can retreat to. I'm sure you have some blankets and mats she laid on from the old place, so just distribute those as appropriate. I mean, besides this and the obvious stuff the depend on schedules, like feeding and grooming, just give the cat time.
>>
I misread this as my 20 yr old cat hates anime. i thought that cant be right
>>
It takes a lot of time for them to adjust. If you can leave some blankets dirty and cat furniture dirty that helps. I've also left some of the cat litter dirty when moving the cat so that way they can smell their litter and recognize it easier.
>>
How long has it been since the move?
>>
>>2026209

We arrived on the evening of the 27th (I had set up most of the furniture beforehand), so it hasn't been long at all. It's just that I got this cat on my 5th birthday as my very first pet, and she's still mine and soft and cuddly as I'm nearly 25. The nine-hour trip here must have been really tough on her, even with the pheromone spray and cat Xanax, so I really want her to be happy and enjoy this new place.

I guess I'm just worrying too much. She's incredibly healthy despite her incredibly old age, but I know that she won't live forever, so I want her to be as happy as possible for the rest of her years.
>>
>>2026329

You're over thinking it. It took my cat 2 days just to let me touch him after our move even though it was the exact same furniture arranged in the exact same way. Give him time to adjust
>>
>>2026329
I knew a cat that was 26 this year, so she might still have a while left to go
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.