[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm worried about my puppy and thought it'd be worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: sNXDh3G.gif (2 MB, 400x292) Image search: [Google]
sNXDh3G.gif
2 MB, 400x292
I'm worried about my puppy and thought it'd be worth posting here until I potentially call the vet after work today.

It started on Christmas morning. I've got a 13 week old Boxer and around 6am on Christmas morning he started crying in his crate like crazy. I let him out and he had 2 sizeable poops, both of them were totally normal, though maybe on the slightly softer side, then we went back to bed. We woke up at 10, he had a pee and a little poop, he had a nice big Christmas bone and some other treats, and then had breakfast about an hour or hour and a half later. He ate his whole bowl of food. After breakfast when I took him out to go to the bathroom, he was taking a while to poop, and then after a while finally did. But when I went to pick it up, it was almost totally liquid and had blood in it. Naturally I was freaking out for the rest of the day about it.

I gave him lunch around 4pm but he wouldn't eat it. I tried to give it to him again around 6:30, and after a lot of prodding he ate a little bit of it, but not much, maybe a quarter of the bowl. At this point I've been super freaking out because for a good portion of the afternoon he was just dead tired. I left his food out, which I normally wouldn't do, and around 9 he picked off most of the remainder. He pooped soon afterward, it was huge and super soft, but no blood. At 12 he had another poop before bed, soft again but no blood.

It's now 8:30am and he just ate all of his breakfast, and I'm bringing him out to use the bathroom soon. I'll come back and let you guys know if there was any blood or diarrhea. I think I'm going to have a family member keep a close eye on him today while I'm at work, and if he's not any better when I'm done, I'll take him to the vet.

What do you guys think of this? Could something be wrong or am I just over analyzing every tiny thing? Other than him getting into my girlfriend's dog's food the day before (a mix of wet cat food and cheese) I can't think of an explanation for this
>>
Today's first poop was perfect, no diarrhea or blood at all!
>>
>Could something be wrong or am I just over analyzing every tiny thing?
probably both. if he's eating again and you don't see any more blood, he's probably okay.

was it bright red blood? he could have torn his butthole slightly pooping so much.

eating wet cat food and cheese could explain it.
>>
>>2023803
It was pretty bright red. There were two separate puddles of diarrhea, the larger one was fine, but the smaller one (about the size of a beer bottle cap) was pretty much pure bright red.

I just got home, I had someone watching him all day, he ate all of his lunch and had a normal poop around 1, then had another one just before I got home. He also doesn't seem as tired as he was yesterday. Hopefully this means he's alright
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.