[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion on putting animals down, /an/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1450515376549.png (532 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1450515376549.png
532 KB, 500x363
Opinion on putting animals down, /an/?
>>
comforting for the owner, not the pet.
>>
>>2023500
Hey bugguy, welcome back.
Merry Christmas btw.

Also, why not? I can say it'd be the best option if your pet was sick or already dying, and to make it optimal, have a vet come to your house for the euthanization.
>>
>>2023500
What, you'd rather have the animal live on in pain?
oh wait, I'm talking to bugguy
>>
i don't see problems keeping them on ground

mine are allowed on sofa and sleeping bed, though
>>
I often insult and berste my acts whenever they act playful and content, such behavior is unnaceptable
>>
I think, for humans and animals, euthanasia is a perfectly justifiable thing. Quality of life should be prioritised, not quantity.

However, I think that people do not value animal's lives very much, and putting it down is a cheap way out to deal with any mildly inconvenient animal. Is your cat pissing on the floor? Is your purebreed dog not a freakish mutant according to the breed standard? Is your bunny not cute anymore? Better fucking murder it.

With that said, I think people who take it to be a vet to be killed are better than people who just shoot them.

>like what happened to my pets as a kid

I got Old Yeller'ed IRL.
>>
>>2023500
does the autism ever end
>>
"I don't want to pay vet bills and will put it down instead" - no

"Nothing ore can be done and they will live in worsening pain" - yes
>>
>>2023530
Sorry, forgot sarcasm doesn't come across on text
>>
>>2023500
underrated post
>>
>>2023526
again, that comforts the owner, not the pet.
>>2023590
you don't keep anything that feels pain as pet, neither does OP.
>>
>>2023713

Can cats and dogs not feel pain?

I'm an outsider to this board so forgive my ignorance on this tripper's weird opinions.
>>
>>2025224
I'm no expert but I know if I pinch this dog sitting next to me it'll yelp
>>
>>2025224
ofcourse not.

these aren't opinions.
>>
File: 1380142865235.jpg (52 KB, 600x442) Image search: [Google]
1380142865235.jpg
52 KB, 600x442
>>2025229
>I don't understand what pain is.
>>
>>2025224
Bugguy is an idiot, ignore him.
>>
>>2025224
Bugguy is the typical guy in every board that everyones hates. Welcome aboard m8

He also thinks that anything besides humans can feel pain.
>>
>>2025235
that's not what I think.
>>
Instant nociception shitposting thread. Nice.
>>
There's weirdos in every board huh.

Me personally, I'd almost be for putting down people. Don't mean to be edgy or anything, just stopped thinking of the state of not being alive as something that bad after experiencing what it feels to be in permanent pain for years. Not being alive is just neutral you know.

But humans can generally decide for themselves so that's not an issue most of the time.

When it comes to animals, best to make that decision for them. From what I can tell, they mostly lack the mental capacity (also ability) to end their lives in a peaceful way even if they're constantly suffering.
>>
>>2025257
anthropomorphising, the post.
>>
>>2025258
Human superiority complex, the post.
>>
>>2023713

>have electric fence
>have personally seen electric fence stop cattle, goats, hogs, sheep, dogs, chickens, cats, neighbors, a pony, and a raccoon (I put a marshmallow on it just to see if it would reach up and grab it)

I'm sure they don't feel pain, they are avoiding the electric fence because it smells funny.
>>
>>2025265
To be honest, I agree with buggfagg on this one. It's totally irrelevant wether the animals can feel pain or not: unless the animal actually shows a suicidal behaviour, we can't assume that it wants to die, and unless it wants to die, we can't claim that we are doing it a favour by killing it. Euthanising animals is always a way of bringing yourself comfort, partially because you don't want to see them suffer, partially because meeting the demands of a constantly weakening animal is exhausting and you simply don't want to anymore.

If we can deduce anything on what the animal actually "wants", I'm pretty sure that dying is the last thing on the list. Even if they undergo the most gruesome torture, they'll uphold their drive for survival.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.