[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /an/, I'm new here and I have a dilemma. I got a puppy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
Hi /an/, I'm new here and I have a dilemma.

I got a puppy for my girlfriend. Now I know I didn't want to keep the poor thing boxed away for long so I bought him and kept him on hold for as long as I could, which was this afternoon. Any later and the shop would be closed until after christmas, and the christmas puppy would no longer be a christmas puppy. So now I have the trouble of finding a way to keep the pup as a surprise until last minute.

I looked online and the box method was suggested, but that doesn't seem very logical. Couldn't the puppy tear it open, or piss on it or poop itself? I want to give a gift puppy, not a shitty mess. Also, a barking puppy is a dead give away about the surprise. Is there any other way to do this? I don't want to shove puppy in a box for hours.
>>
>>2023087
put him in the glove box of your car for the night.
>>
>giving animals as gifts

for fuck's sake
>>
>>2023111
"Here you go my love, a box of untrained responsibility and huge financial obligation. Love me forever"
>>
>>2023111
>>2023115
seriously op why the fuck
I mean I got my baby girl clementine, a leopard gecko, last year, but I knew about it, I was the one who asked for it
why in the mother of fuck would you gift someone a pet as a suprise
I hope she fucking leaves you
>>
Wow you guys are dicks. For your information, she's been talking about getting a yorkie for months but couldn't afford the tiny yorkies she wanted, so I ot a down payment and bought her one for her. Of course she is going to love this puppy.
>>
>>2023162
No OP fuck you, giving pets as a gift is a taboo and only retards do it.
What if she hates it or the dog looks weird to her or she can't afford it it or what ever fucking reason.
>but couldn't afford the tiny yorkies she wanted
Our point exactly, if she can't afford the dog itself how is she going to afford all the shit that comes after, owning a dog is not cheap.
>>
Are we just going to ignore the fact that this dense motherfucker is considering boxing up a dog like a fucking pack of socks?:
>>
>>2023169
Pretty much, why box it. Having a puppy wander in with a bow would be cuter, but OP is clearly a retard.
>>
>>2023171
That's not what I was getting at
>>
File: pigeonspants.jpg (27 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
pigeonspants.jpg
27 KB, 450x350
>Couldn't the puppy tear it open, or piss on it or poop itself?
Yeah, it needs to be packaged in the box properly to be kept quiet, like what animal smugglers do.
>>
File: tumblr_nyb6i0BgkE1s71q1zo1_1280.png (982 KB, 700x1009) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyb6i0BgkE1s71q1zo1_1280.png
982 KB, 700x1009
>>2023115
>>
>>2023173
Why would you come to /an/ asking for animal advice?
>>
>>2023162
>she's been talking about getting a yorkie for months but couldn't afford the tiny yorkies she wanted
if she can't even afford the actual dog, that's a bad sign. how the hell do you know she's even prepared to care for it and do all the training? people prepare and research for WEEKS before getting a puppy, so springing one on her is a moronic idea. plus if she works full time, you've already inevitably fucked this puppy up

>tiny yorkie
pro-tip: if it's specifically bred and advertised as some sort of mini version of a breed that's normally not as small, it's a BYB dog that's inbred as fuck and going to cost you a lot of money in medical issues in the long run. plus no decent breeder would sell to someone for it to be a "suprise" to someone else like that, especially if you're thinking of putting the poor little shit in a box like that

>tfw work in an animal shelter
>threads like these make me dread the week after Christmas
>our kennels are full of surrendered/dumped puppies by morons like OP and his gf
>>
>>2023162
If she cant afford it, she probably wont be able to afford the food/bedding/vet bills that it's going to need.
>>
You're a terrible person, OP.
>>
You are a stupid, stupid person op. Animals aren't something you can just spring on someone. They cost money after Xmas you know. Ffs
>>
>>2023087
Ignore the virgins OP I'm sure she will love a Yorkie. Also how about giving her a big empty box and while she is opening it go get the puppy.This way there's no poop or giveaway
>>
>>2023191
If she worked a ft job she probably could afford it also you can easily learn along the way
>>
>>2023087
Give her a blindfold to put on (wrap it as a gift IDK) and bring it in with a bow around it's neck. Don't put it in a box that's a recipe for disaster.

merry christmas

>>2023111
Fuck off PETA
>>
and it sounds like you bought it from a pet store to boot lol. So you bought her a badly bred puppy mill dog and spent way too much for it. For the same amount of money you spent on an inbred puppy mill shit dog you could have actually bought one from a decent breeder but that decent breeder probably wouldn't sell to somebody like you.
>>
>>2023278
Holy shit,stfu?
None of your business
>>
File: 1420722261263.png (451 KB, 446x595) Image search: [Google]
1420722261263.png
451 KB, 446x595
>>2023313

Stuff you?

It IS our business when idiots like you go and get shittly bred pups, from shitty backgrounds. putting money into BYB's pockets so they'll breed yet more puppies.

But wait, it'll be the states problem when said shitty pet shop puppy has parvo and you suddenly can't afford to treat it- so come crying online. Or when it has some genetically based disease- or when worse, you idiots breed the thing, creating more genetically fucked dogs.

If all puppy buyers demanded health testing + an ethical, reliable breeder that knows her/his breed inside out, shows, works and fully health tests their dogs there would be a hell of a lot less health problems in dogs.

Either get a puppy from a GOOD breeder (if you have a specific reason/purpose for that specific breed), or if you want just a 'dog'- shelters are full to the brim.

And a merry Christmas to you.
>>
>>2023323
>It IS our business when idiots like you go and get shittly bred pups
no it isn't you pathetic retard.
fuck off, /an/'s all full of shit already.
>>
File: cages.jpg (72 KB, 569x340) Image search: [Google]
cages.jpg
72 KB, 569x340
>>2023324

Yes it bloody well is. I am fed up of idiots buying shittly bred pups, it just brings every other breeder who actually cares down.

For every GOOD breeder doing the full plethora of health tests on GSD's for example, I could give you links to a million others who mass produce shitty GSD's with god awful hips. I personally don't blame the breeders, they're being paid to make mugs out of people. I blame the puppy buyers who, if they spent more than ten seconds googleing information on their breed, could rapidly find out what health testing their breed required/what a good breeder looked like etc.

Without the puppy buyers demanding more we are NEVER going to improve the dog 'breeding' world. People like OP are bloody idiots: they could have quite easily found a good breeder, bought the girlfriend something else for the pup if the pups weren't ready around this time and then gone down the 'good breeders' route easily.

Nope, instead they want convenience and pick one up from a bloody pet shop where I have no doubt the pup has health problems, and lets not even start talking about the conditions pet shop pups are bred in. It's a life, not a pair of shoes, this dog will be with you for the next 15 years- surely that demands at least a little bit of research? Or even opening your eyes as there's PLENTY in the media about puppy farms.
>>
>>2023327
>I am fed up of idiots buying shittly bred pups
so get off the fucking internet, moron.

your presence here just makes the board suck that much more. Nobody will miss you accosting innocent visitors to the site just because they don't meet your autistic personal standards.

kill yourself.

of better yet find something useful to do with all that pent up anger and self-loathing, and get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>2023330

I do love the fact you have to downgrade to insults. I think you'll very rapidly find that /an doesn't support BYB's in general.
>>
>>2023332
I'm not downgrading anything.
I've ignored your stupid shit for over a year now.

I just want you to know what we think of you.
fuck off, you pathetic loser.
>>
OP this is what you do: get cute collar for puppy, have it in a room while she is opening other gifts, far away where she can't hear if it barks. Say "oh, I almost forgot one... let me go get it". Go get puppy, stick christmas bow on its collar, and bring it out and show gf.

don't mind all the /an/tards on here, i've seen present puppies and kittens be great family pets for several years.
>>
>>2023327
>For every GOOD breeder doing the full plethora of health tests on GSD's
you do understand that they have to do that because they are constantly producing dogs that fail?
>>
>>2023340
>expecting PETA-chan to acknowledge the truth
kek
>>
>>2023334

Lovely, you can put up with me for another year then.

Merry Christmas idiotic op with his BYB pup! Hope you aren't at the vets for parvo tomorrow.
>>
>>2023343
they won't be
and OP is getting laid
have fun not
>>
>>2023343
>Lovely, you can put up with me for another year then
Oh I'll go back to ignoring you next week.
hopefully you'll die in a car accident or something though. You really do make the board worse with your constant harping about byb this and GOOD BREEDER that.

I understand you don't have any friends in real life, you've chased them all off by constantly criticizing their pet purchasing habits. But just because you've got a captive audience here doesn't mean anyone likes you on /an/ either.

you're a broken record, and you chase off other potential users that are probably about a thousand times more interesting than you are.

right now a baked potato has more to add to the conversation than your tired repetition of the same old shit.
>>
>>2023343
>op with his BYB pup!

if it were just a BYB pup that would be better and it would have cost a lot a WHOLE lot less. It is a PUPPY MILL pup which is the worst of the worst.
>>
>>2023340

I agree with you, certain dog breeds are fucked, like the GSD. But we're only going to make them better with Heath testing, we're starting to turn things around now- take the dally project to reinsert some lost genes. I agree with you, some of our breeds are atrocious, but that doesn't mean that some people aren't trying to turn it around or that we shouldn't try to turn it around.

Hip scoring to reduce the chance of HD is the first tiny step on the road to recovery for the breed. A road that is only hindered by idiotic breeders who don't health test/ know their breed genetics etc.
>>
>>2023087
You're a fucking retard. Euthanize yourself.
>>
>>2023334
Why do you support BYBs so much? As well as puppymills?
>>
>>2023340
I'll tell you what health testing is for, and before hand I'm going to tell you that in fact every good breeder health tests every purebred pup.

Health testing is to assure over the years if maybe the breeder made a mistake in the line a long time ago, or if a breed almost went extinct, that they could breed out the bad traits and health problems out of a dog.
If a dog has perfect eyes, perfect hips, but not so good ears, then they'd breed it with a dog that may have good eyes, perfect hips, and perfect ears. That way the puppies will be much better than the parents.
This is practiced until there are minimal health problems and you have a good pupper.
For example, the Shiba Inu almost went extinct due to a food shortage in Japan, there were only 3 separate bloodlines left, which is where the Shibas from today came from.
The breed, because of inbreeding, had developed knocked knees and weak joints, but because of health checks and selective breeding that is a very rare problem now. It is now considered #8 healthiest dog of all breeds.

Another thing I'd like to add is that reputable breeders, in the code I read, are not allowed to sell their puppies to pet stores. Which is how you know, that no matter what, those puppies in pet stores are more than likely to develop problems.
>>
>>2023339
We ended up doing something like this, but I had to keep turning the volume up on a christmas story because the damn thing kept whining. I stuck a bow in it's hair and she loved it. but as expected it pissed in my closet.

>>2023343
Why would I bring it to a vet after I just bought it? It's a puppy, not an old mutt.

For those that are concerned, it only cost so much because she wanted a specific kind of yorkie. If she wanted a normal yorkie it wouldn't have cost so much and she could get it! But she wanted a teacup or micro yorkie and I got on that was crossed with poodle (she doesn't like grooming and hair or smell) so it's a special breed of dog. And the pet store even guaranteed all dogs were from local breeders.
>>
>>2023415
Please be a troll holy shit.

The red flags your setting off are insane. I have pomeranians, another toy breed - there is no such thing as a micro teacup anything. Yorkies rarely grow to be over 6lbs - why do you need one to stay 2lbs forever? If you're lucky you've ended up with one that will grow up bigger than expected and have just paid out the ass for a mutt. The worst case scenario is that you've just bought a ticking time bomb.

Toys are prone to hypoglycemia - do you have a tube of Nutrical handy just in case it skips a meal? What sort of collar did you buy it? Small puppies need light kitten collars with as little hardware as possible to prevent pressure on the neck as they're prone to tracheal collapse.

On top of the usual fragility of toy puppies, teacups are prone to having soft or open spots in the skull - applying too much pressure while petting may very well kill it. If you drop the pup it's dead. If you step on it, it's dead. If it traps itself under a cushion it will suffocate. Any case of diarrhea or vomiting needs to be tended to immediately because it doesn't take much for them to get dehydrated. These puppies are delicate as fuck.

And why bother getting a dog known for its appearance and hair when she doesn't like grooming? She's one of those air headed fucks who wants an accessory rather than a pet. Once you find out that teacups are impossible to housebreak due to their bladders being the size of a condom that mutt is going to end up in a shelter.

Lemme guess; you're in the USA and it's CKC registered? Otherwise known as the puppy mill bullshit registration?

Merry Christmas.
>>
>>2023415
> crossed with poodle (she doesn't like grooming and hair or smell)

Dog groomer anon here, I laughed until my chest hurt, thank you.
>>
>>2023415

> Why would I bring it to a vet after I just bought it? It's a puppy, not an old mutt.

You have a mutt, a badly bred mutt. "Local breeder" doesn't mean good breeder.

And you'll need to take it to the vets for its vaccinations? Flea? Worming? Have you got insurance? If not, better get some now.

If you... aren't a troll, and I hope you're not. Go read DUnbar's before/after you get your puppy training book (free pdf online), and bookmark kikopup on youtube for training videos.

Please, please be a troll.
>>
>>2023415
>And the pet store even guaranteed all dogs were from local breeders.

LOL they say that but it is bullshit. They say that to fool idiots into thinking they aren't buying a puppy mill dog when they are. Do some fucking research. What proof do you have that it isn't? Certainly not papers that show its lineage since it is a mutt and CKC papers which I assume are what it came with are worth about as much as toilet paper after I wipe my ass with it.
>>
File: thats bait.gif (3 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
thats bait.gif
3 MB, 500x207
Yall niggas are gettin trolled.

Just sayin.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.