[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the point of having a pet? What do you even do with them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 485x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 485x429
What is the point of having a pet? What do you even do with them?

I've never had a pet, but my moher kept a dog when I was little. It was a small, white, furry dog that used to get under our chairs and such, and I never saw the point of owning one. Why should I get a pet? Not considering birds.
>>
why are you even on /pets/ if you do not have and never have had a pet
>>
>>2022177
I'm looking for reasons why I should get one.

Just curious.
>>
>>2022176
Since I am disabled and home most of the time alone my dogs keep me company and protected. Come to think of it I don't think I have ever not had one pet or another. I just feel better having them around. Like having plants.
>>
>>2022178
I keep aquarium and terrarium pets because they're fun to take care of and fascinating to watch.
Dogs, cats and birds are for companionship.
>>
>>2022176
I personally enjoy observing the diversity of life and different behaviors. I don't really con't care that much for pets that require lots of attention.
>>
>>2022178

Well, I've never understood why I should get a model train set, but I've never felt the need to go to a model train enthusiast forum just to make sure that I definitely do not want to own some model trains. You can trust your very own judgement on this one- if the companionship of a pet or keeping an animal out of sheer interest doesn't appeal, pets clearly are not for you and that's OK, you don't need reassurance from the internet.
>>
>>2022176
Tells me when I need to get my gun out at night. Also accompanies me when I am hunting. Just good company even if I don't use it for hunting.
>>
>>2022190
okay

>>2022185
>>2022182
>>2022180
okay, thanks.
>>
>>2022176
If you have to ask yourself what the point of owning a pet is, you likely don't have the passion or knowledge to properly care for any actual companion animals. Simple fish are a great option. Nice to look at and you can't really fuck betta care up as long as the tank is sized correctly.
>>
I just love the companionship. It sounds beta, but my dog is never "too busy" or "not in the mood" to hang out with me. He's down for hiking whenever I am or he's down to snuggle on the couch if that's what I choose. Plus he's cute and I like having something to nurture and teach.
>>
File: IMG_0240.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0240.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I have my cat to keep me company while I work. It's really relaxing to have someone to hug and pet when I'm really enraged with people.

My cat sits in the pic related tower next to me while I work. It's nice.

I've always had a cat around. They mellow me out and make me happy.
>>
It seems kinda odd for some people, but it will be your best friend, listener/psychologist. Also I adore when the actions and the character of a living being are defined by purity.
I am talking about my dogs.
>>
they live with you, interact with you, love you.....it's like living with a person, only an awesome furry person who it's not awkward to cuddle
>>
>>2022176
You shouldn't own a pet.
People who own pets already have a desire for pets.
>>
>>2022242
Hi what is your job?
>>
they're a companion... my bird chills with me all day on my shoulder, and i take her for walks and shit... but if pets are just generally unappealing to you then you shouldn't bother getting one, no one needs a pet some people like having them around though
>>
>>2022242
Holy shit bro 10/10 I envy you
>>
What is the point of having a wife? What do you even do with them?

I've never had a wife, but my faher kept a wife when I was little. It was a small, white fury that used to get under our skin and such, and I never saw the point of owning one. Why should I get a wife? Not considering russian/slave imports.
>>
>>2022242
d'awwww

That's some cute shit, Anon.
>>
They are fun to interact with and watch.
And they are generally smarter and able to be left without supervision than young children.

I've owned pets all my life and the only people I know who dont like animals are little faggot thugs.
>>
you're no real human until you've known both the exacerbating highs AND the horrific lows of owning a dog

I raised my dog from the moment she was born 15 years ago to the very last breath she took a few weeks ago

watching her suffer through her last breathe was horrific ... but the good moments, of which we had more than plenty, were far greater than the bad ones
>>
File: thegirls.jpg (266 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
thegirls.jpg
266 KB, 1280x960
>>2022374
I hate it when they die.
It just guts you emotionally.
Which is why it's best to have at least two.
>>
>>2022176
What is the point of going on 4chan? What do you even do on there?

I've never been on 4chan, but my moher went on /b/ when I was little. She was a small, white, angsty teen that used to put piss bottles under our chairs and such, and I never saw the point of 4chan. Why should I go on 4chan? Not considering /gif/.
>>
If you don't know why you should get a pet, you probably shouldn't get one. People have various reasons for keeping various animals. A guy who has a terrarium of spiders doesn't keep them for the same reasons someone else has a cat or dog.

Some keep pets because they think they're interesting to look at or read up on, some do it because they want unconditional love and need something to take care of. It feels good to have a relationship with an animal for most people.
>>
>>2022242
That cat's seen some shit.
>>
>>2022374
>>2022387
I had my cat passing away today. She was 4, but I've seen her since literally the birth.
>>
>>2022176
there is no point.
pets are just a waste of money.
>>
>>2022627
I bet thats what your mom said of you
>>
>>2022278
for sex faggot

plus they're human beings that you value because they share the same outlook about the world
>>
>>2022662

>implying married people have sex

Hello, kissless virgin.
>>
>>2022176
Guard dogs are kept as guards.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.