[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going through a pretty depressing moment right now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1449939875767.png (683 KB, 634x425) Image search: [Google]
1449939875767.png
683 KB, 634x425
I'm going through a pretty depressing moment right now. Two babies were rejected by my diamond finches and I caught them trying to kill them. I had to sacrifice one of them because it had a very serious wound that he was not going to survive And now I have one baby left. I've set up a clean cotton nest with a heat source but I have no idea how to feed him. Please help me, /an/, google doesn't help
>>
File: kaytee-bird-food-recall.jpg (23 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
kaytee-bird-food-recall.jpg
23 KB, 250x333
For right now it probably couldn't hurt to give him generic baby bird food like pic related. How old is the little guy?
Also for the future, I was told by a finch keeper to raise Society finches alongside any other finches you're breeding because Societies will raise any rejected babies of another species as their own. Now I don't know how true that is as I haven't bred finches of my own yet, but hopefully another finch breeder can say for sure.
>>
give him your nippy
>>
>>2022112
I've given him oatmeal with water (dusted, of course) and he seems to be eating now, I'll buy this once the stores open. Also I can't put this little guy with anyone other than their parents, who have rejected these 2 and 2 other eggs that were yet to hatch (they layed 4), even if I made sure not to intervene with the nests as to not disturb the parents. Thank you for your advice.
Also, little correction, they're not diamond finches, they're zebra finches, they're just called diamonds in my native language.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.