[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your betta fish here!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
Post your betta fish here!
>>
>>2021696
shitty bait fuck off
>>
>>2021698
How is this bait?
>>
>>2021699
Inappropriate housing.
>>
>>2021707
Yeah, I just recently got him because my niece didn't want him and basically neglected him and this is the tank she had for him, I ordered a 2.5 gallon tank with a filter and a light and I also ordered a heater for the tank to regulate his water temperature.
>>
>>2021715
>2.5 gal
that's still too small, dumbass
>>
>>2021717
For a fucking betta fish?
>>
>>2021719
recommend at least 5 for betta
>>
>>2021724
Why so much space though?
>>
>>2021726
Maybe because they are alive. you could have a dead one in less than a gal if you want.
>>
>>2021726
/an/ likes to pretend that an animal that's spent its whole life so far in a Dixie cup is going to feel cramped in anything less than a 55 gallon tub.
>>
>>2021733
They've been so down bred that they're used to small spaces, it's all they know, two and a half gallons is better than a small cup, fuck off with your dog fucking bitchass
>>
>>2021739
>>2021726
It is less "hurr durr too cramped" and more that it is easier to keep a larger volume of water stable. Stable temperature, stable water quality, all that jazz.
>>
>>2021753
sure, but we're talking about an animal that can spend years in a Dixie cup.

water quality apparently isn't that big a deal to these guys.
>>
>>2021744
>dog biased

top banter, I don't even have dogs nor do I want to

fuck off with your shitty arguments fuccboi
>>
>>2021753
It just depends on the owner, I've made sure to clean the tank twice a week and I check the ammonia and nitrate levels, and treat the water every time I clean it.
>>
>>2021763
>water quality apparently isn't that big a deal to these guys
It is a sudden swing(s) that does them in.
A big jump between day and night temp (changes the pH) = stress = fin rot.
Sudden spikes of filthy water because you feed too much = stress and illness or death.
You don't change the water in ages and then decide to be responsible. Fuck, you changed too much at once and the poor thing dies because of the radically different pH.

But yeah, they are pretty damn hardy when it comes to tolerating constant poor water quality.
>>
>>2021707
>have 75 gallon tank
>fucking betta stays in a small ass space
>>
What if beta fish always fight because they want to be called alpha fish?
>>
>>2021904
You're on to something big
>>
>>2021763
Yeah, and a dog can spend years in a small kennel wading in it's own shit.
Probably is fine to keep them like that though, because apparently it isn't a big deal to them.
>>
>>2021932
Dogs haven't been kept in small places for their whole lives, they're made to have a lot of exercise, bettas on the other hand have been kept in small places for so long that they've adapted to it.
>>
>>2021932
Also, you clean the fish's water often.
>>
>>2021947
>they've adapted to it
I hope you have evidence to back up that claim.
>>
>>2021763
Nigger the little cups they are in when you buy them are bigger than a Dixie cup
>>
>>2021958
>thinks Dixie cups only come in one size
>>
>>2021947
Sure, if "they can just about cling onto life in these conditions and will most likely die young" is your definition of adaption.
>>
I kept my betta in a Solo cup, but then I was drunk and I drank him
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 640x1136
>>2021696
Bump
>>
>>2021947
I don't know how evolution works the post
>>
>>2021726
Because anything less builds up nitrates/nitrites/ammonia too quick for it to be removed efficiently.
>>
>>2022606
Not true with a planted tank. as well as it creating more meaningful use of the space.

fish should have plants, like it should be a rule.
>>
>>2021696
I keep my dog in his kennel all day. They've been evolving for 10,000 years to handle this and a vegetarian diet. Fuck you elitists telling me he needs to leave his cage.
>>
>>2024810
In this case though it isn't a territorial wimp who would just as easy be frog food in the wild.

These fish have been bred in china for pretty much pure profit. China with it's pollution. I'm sure these fish are not the same as wild fish.

These are the same species here.
The music is weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2aKcXd_k28
>>
>>2021696
>Post your betta fish here!
>only other picture posted is of a starfish
> everything else is name calling, misinformation and shitposting.

Good job /an/.
>>
>>2024819
>misinformation
kill yourself OP
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.