[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dogs you'd like to own but you know you probably shouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: evsars_chow___shar_pei.jpg (23 KB, 402x314) Image search: [Google]
evsars_chow___shar_pei.jpg
23 KB, 402x314
Dogs you'd like to own but you know you probably shouldn't thread.
>>
>>2021693
i would love to have a greyhound or whippet. The thing is a dog, any dog, would be a poor pet choice for me. I just don't have the time and energy to do a good job of it.
>>
2nd floor apartment here.

Great Pyrenees, Malamute, Irish wolfhound, Japanese Akita, Leonberger

Giant breeds are love
>>
>>2021727
nice memes m8
>>
>>2021693
I know I could handle a pit bull. I just don't want the hassles of dealing with people about my pit bull.
>>
>>2021732
do...do you know what a meme is?
>>
>>2021737
those are almost all meme breeds
>>
I had a chow when I was growing up. She was super sweet. She was a big coward when strangers would come over, but loved attention from kids when I'd walk her in the park.
>>
>>2021738
oh, so you don't know what a meme is. got it.
>>
>>2021693
Nothing wrong with owning either a shar pei or chow chow.

They also like to eat chinese food.
>>
>>2021766
Well chows I hear can be ok (not great) in regards to health and temperament but everything I've read about shar pei seems to point to many health issues. I'd love to own both but where I live it can get very hot in the summer which means no chow and the aforementioned health issues with shar pei kinda turn me off since I'm a poorishfag. Now I'm honesly looking into ori pei (pug/shar).
>>
Cat owner here.

I'd love to get a greyhound.
>>
>>2021693
I really want to own a chow one day, but everyone tells me they're aggressive and hard to train. It's so fluffy though.
>>
Newfoundland!! They're so beautiful. But I live in an apartment in the tropics and I already have a border collie.
>>
Papillon are beautiful and I've heard they have a good personality, not the typical toy dog. But they're so tiny I would worry about losing them.

My mom's chihuahua once hid under the couch and we couldn't find it because we didn't think to look for a dog under the couch. It was just chilling there perfectly fine while we worried.
>>
Husky or a similar spitz type breed.
hey're fucking gorgeous but theres not a chance in hell I could keep up with that kind of energy level.

In the really far-fatched dream, a Czechoslovakian wolfdog.
>>
Irish wolfhound, great dane and borzoi. Borzoi would probably eat my cat, and the other two have such short lifespans. Also every huge great dane(or i should say male great dane since they're bigger than females) just, the end of their lifespan was so miserable. I've never met anyone who had a great dane that died of old age, or they just slowed down too much. They always died of something horribly sudden like their bodies straight up giving out. My buddy rescued one and I remember he just collapsed one day and I had to help haul his 120lbs ass to the vet. It was just heart breaking.
>>
Great Pyrenees. I live in Georgia, so that's a no-no.
>>
Japanese Akita or Samoyed.
I have a one room apartment and I'm often away for weeks at a time.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2423x2423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2423x2423
>Kitten
Admiral, my current pupper, is too playful and will probably torment the kitty
>Brittany
Way too active for my lifestyle
>Cavalier
Such an unhealthy breed :(
>Another pet in general
I'm a full time student who rents and moves often, I'm pretty much at my limit with one dog. One day I will have the income and the lifestyle for more pets, but in the meantime I can only dream. I've had a couple breeder friends offer me dogs, it was very sad having to say no.
>>
>>2021693

I'd love to have any dog but I'll need to move 4-5 times in the next few years and possibly abroad for a year or two to achieve my career goals.
>>
File: uLjix6W[1].jpg (214 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
uLjix6W[1].jpg
214 KB, 858x536
The Puli, no fucking contest
>>
pic related

would eat more than me, and may eat neighbor kids while giving no fucks. i just love giant dogs. maybe when i move out to the country
>>
File: caucasianshepherd.jpg (48 KB, 400x520) Image search: [Google]
caucasianshepherd.jpg
48 KB, 400x520
>>2022920
forgot pic
>>
I'd love a borzoi or saluki they're so beautiful.
>>
File: 1447368180777.jpg (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1447368180777.jpg
60 KB, 800x600
>>2021693
Apartment dweller here.
>>
>Nova Scotian duck tolling retriever

They are so beautiful and I have heard great things about them but I also heard that they tend to be loud and with my bad lungs, I probably couldn't give her the exercise she needs
>>
>>2022417
No they are awful. My friend has a little pap and it never stops barking, humps everything, loves to run under other dogs to take golden showers, never stops biting people or other dogs, and so much more. She tries to train him but they are a stubborn breed.
>>
>>2021738

>great Pyrenees
>meme

best damn sheepdogs in the fucking world
>>
>>2023184
excuse me? great pyrenees dont even herd or eye cattle you dumb shit, their job is could be done by a fucking fence.
Border Collies are the master race of sheepdogs
>>
>>2023613
They're a livestock guardian breed, not a sheepdog.
>>
>>2021766
nigha they is chinese food
>>
>>2023615

>>2023184
said they were, i said they werent worth a wank.
>>
>>2021693
i could have pretty much any dog i wanted, have land, have skills, have money. The only problem for me is having toommany, i can definitely see myself having giant kenmels when im older filled with rescues i train for sport. greyhound x dogo argentino or similar is my dream, but i only hunt pretty small game. bit of a /fit/ freak so would like a swole up dog
>>
File: DS4_1011_zpsf8paeaur.jpg (196 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
DS4_1011_zpsf8paeaur.jpg
196 KB, 1024x682
>>2023623
quoted the wrong anon.
Here, have a sheepdog
>>
>>2023647
aaaaawwwww yiiissssss fuckin sheepdog!
>>
File: 1339273746316.jpg (173 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1339273746316.jpg
173 KB, 640x480
I love the way shibas look. But just about everything I've read about them makes them sound like neurotic, high-maintenance, awful dogs. I've met two whole shibas in my life and they seemed fine for the moments I was with them, but I feel like the accounts from so many strangers online outweigh those minutes. I'd also like a chow chow someday but again those are supposedly very hard to care for.
>>
Siberian husky because I'm a lazy faggot.

German Shepherd because there's a baby in the house and I heard they bite very hard.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.