[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else /fucking terrified of whales/ here? I literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 634x341) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 634x341
Anyone else /fucking terrified of whales/ here?

I literally hate whales, especially these particular orcas. They look like the black and white demon from Avatar: the last airbender season 1. They are huge nightmare predators and I don't understand why humans like them so much, since we're about the same size as large penguins and small seals, which orcas chow down on.

I'm not saying we should do anything to harm these creatures, and in fact I support getting them out of sea world, since I personally can't understand why spectators bring their children to see a grinning water monster demonstrate its alarming and sinister intelligence. I just want to know if I'm the only person out there who loathes these creatures with every fiber of my body.
>>
>>2021331
I have the same fear, anon. Though every person I've ever told has called me an idiot cause whales are gentle creatures.

I have always had terrible nightmares about whales/waves. Though I'm not scared of any other aspect of the ocean and grew up on the coast.

The only rational reason for the fear I think is because I went on a whale-watching tour when I was really young and was petrified the whale would slap the boat with it's tail.

They are just so horrifyingly large...
>>
i used to have nightmares about whales
they're pretty scary, just the big ones though
>>
>>2021331
For some reason, probably mostly due to their large size and and the fact that they are mammals living among fishes, whales have gotten a reputation for being "wise, gentle giants", and this reputation is probably enough by itself to make them popular at zoos.
>>
Fuking hate orca, they kill for fun, in the faaklands I've seen them playing catch with a near dead penguin. Fuck em. Glad they get seaworlded.
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1039x779) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 1039x779
>>
orcas are dolphins, not whales
>>
My English teacher is scared shitless of whales. We use this to our advantage.
>>
File: image.png (382 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
image.png
382 KB, 680x680
>>2021482
>>2021482
So?
>>
File: orca.png (75 KB, 190x145) Image search: [Google]
orca.png
75 KB, 190x145
>>2021331
They are brutish.
>>
>>2021482
dolphins are also whales you goof
>>
>>2021497
This is such a YouTube tier comment.
>>
>>2021530
This.
>>
>>2021530
Underrated post.
>>
>>2021530
Same here, as a child I loved them, then I began to understand how trully scary they are and now they terrify me. Their phantom eyes and large black bodies scare me shitless
>>
I've always had a phobia of whales since I was a small child... mainly baleen whales though. Like come on, hair for teeth... that's some nightmare material right there.
>>
I love the ocean, marine life, anything nautical, lobster especially - but what the fuck whales
I used to love whales when I was a kid apparently, I'd be terrified of encountering something so big in water. Has anyone seen The Heart of the Sea? I downloaded it but haven't seen it
>>
Whales are my absolute favorite animals, orcas especially, and I can totally understand a fear of them. Whales are fucking enormous, I have seen a video of a humpback whale nearly snap someone's back in half by gently swatting it's tail at him, like it was nothing. That shit it scary. Never mind the ones that will drag you underwater.
>>
>>2022042
Don't watch it if you have whalephobia
>>
I'm terrified of water, and any gigantic creatures that live in the water. Groupers freak me right the fuck out. Yet gators are ok, but I guess I'm used to them.
>>
I'm scared shitless of anything in murky water and anything big in the water, mostly because i'm not a fast swimmer and because despite my love for animals half of them i wouldn't want to encounter. I mean seriously, who wouldn't be afraid of this fucking thing in the water?
>>
I used to fap to them when I was a kid. Not even kidding I was a weird ass kid who got lucky to have actual female interaction to detract me from turning into a furry.

I'm scared of them though.
>>
>>2021482
Porpuses not dolphins.
>>
I do not have a phobia of whales, but obviously I'd be intimidated to be in a small pool with one or something.

I think what pisses me off is that people romanticise whales but THE CLEARLY SUPERIOR SHARK is maligned.

Anyway, starting a shark thread. See ya, lads.

>>2021438
> Glad they get seaworlded.

My fucking sides.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.